Nodding dogs.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 15, 2014, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I've been reading the various wards candidates feature in the Mail and was struck by number of sittng councillors who are so  utterly anonymous I have nevet heard of them... the 'B' list councillors, the support acts, the nodding dogs who appear to have emerged from a freezer, been defrosted for the occasion, had their cheap batteries changed and are roaming the streets like bewildered solar panel salesmen.
These people are totally anonymous...they get elected then disappear off the radar...... veritable stealth councillors . You never hear from them... they don't even make the  photo pages of the Mail ....where do they get to.......?
Every election they're wheeled out to be chaperoned around their feifdom by their minders and turn up to vote as ordered......they're the 'golden retrievers'.... obedient, unquestioningly compliant, never tug on their lead, always happy to do their masters bidding and like to be patted on their head............and never bark, just whimper.........the perfect working pet.
Oh........

and they're up for election too..!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Sometimes, when i'm in the meetings watching from the public gallery, the entire 2nd row of one side of the house reminds me of Jack Nicholson at the end of 'One flew over the cuckoos nest', the bit when the Indian fella realises Jack has beem lobotomised.

Sometimes I sit there hoping Jean Robinson will think "Enough is enough" and pick up the water cooler, throw it through a window, climb out and run off into the distance as Paul Beck and the other silent ones cheer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Dz6FOE_Gk

Sadly, it never happens...