The Mayor, the Youth Worker and the Cash-in-Hand Job

Started by craig finton, September 15, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARC86

Hartlepudlion how can i condemn something that i dont or anybody else even know to be true?

My position is clear if there is wrongdoing then the organisation should face the consequences.. but im not gonna sit here and tar a safe place where many young people go.. they do some great and very important work with the young people at the rifty.. until the allegation is proven i refuse to condemn any organisation.. just as i did with MRA

I appreciate that there is a lust on here to dispose of the leaders of the council.. but i suspect in this case those making the allegations will end up with egg on their faces.

on your union point would you represent somebody at your place of work who is not paying a union subscription? Is that fair on the majority in the business who pay for representation? What we need to remember here is union reps do not get paid and the majority of them myself included do it for the guys that we work with, not personal gain. I have 78 guys in my branch.. im sure you can imagine problems arise on a daily basis.. there are currently 26 guys who i refuse to represent as they dont pay a subscription.. it is only when they fall foul of the rules that they regret not signing up in the first place.. that said i will continue to try my best to get those others on board and ideally have a 100% union branch.. that probably wont happen but if i can get us up into the 90's i will be happy.. but were organised and thats what really matters above all else

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on September 18, 2013, 09: PM

on your union point would you represent somebody at your place of work who is not paying a union subscription

Happens all the time because no one (but you) knows who is in a Union and who is not. If you go in with someone it is automatically assumed they are in the Union and treated fairly. That is an error is made by 'management'.

Quote from: ARC86 on September 18, 2013, 09: PMWhat we need to remember here is union reps do not get paid and the majority of them myself included do it for the guys that we work with, not personal gain.

Maybe but you are entitled to a proportion of the Union fees paid by the  members you represent..

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on September 18, 2013, 09: PM

until the allegation is proven i refuse to condemn any organisation.. just as i did with MRA

And of course by the time you had proof the money was gone and it appears unlikely it will be recovered.
The thing to do when such an accusation is made is to remove the suspect from the sweeties rather than give them a couple of months to shred all the evidence. This 'wait-and-see' attitude is a smokescreen so 'you' (and it is you because you steadfastly refuse to accept any labour misdeed that can have consequences) can continue to live the  fiction that they may be bas*tards but they are your type of bas*tard.
I have no hesitation in saying decent honest Conservatives  (no, not you Ray)would be a much better Councill than the thieves running the show and the sheep backing them.
Could  you say that-and mean it?

ARC86

On your first point you are just plain wrong.. union subscriptions are deducted from a members wages, so the company has a full list of anyone in the union as the company pays the subscription direct to the union.. that is complete transparency

On your second point you are wrong again.. i am not entitled to any percentage of fees paid by members, and if i ever was i would not take it

On your third point you make the assumption that the Labour Party and all its representatives is rife with corruption.. any evidence to back that up, in any walk of life there will always be people on the take but to suggest all Labour reps are corrupt is stretching it to say the least

No im afraid i would never vote Conservative but they do have a great person in the party called Shane who i have got a lot of time for

mk1

Quote from: ARC86 on September 18, 2013, 10: PM
On your first point you are just plain wrong..

My experience trumps your claim. There are many ways to pay a Union subscription other than wage deduction. The last thing I would ever have done was give the opposition the real numbers.

On your second point you are wrong again.. i am not entitled to any percentage of fees paid by members, and if i ever was i would not take it

It was standard in my time and I suspect most local offices fail to inform the branch officials they are entitled to it. Again my experience...........

On your third point you make the assumption that the Labour Party and all its representatives is rife with corruption.. any evidence to back that up, in any walk of life there will always be people on the take but to suggest all Labour reps are corrupt is stretching it to say the least

The two fatties are totally corrupt. Driven by ego and the desire to get even with those that have slighted them in the past. They removed questions in the chamber. They  sold our hospital for a 5000  pound donation from another Labour stooge. Allowed a blatantly corrupt woman to run MRA into the ground and have among their ranks a Councillor with dozens of failed businesses behind him and who was described in court in very unflattering terms.
A recently elected Labour man can often  be viewed staggering from a local  pub. . The 2 Hart Ward Councillors did their masters bidding and kept well out of the way whilst the Gypsy site was dumped in the least solid Labour Ward and a local Tory carpetbagger has been given total control of all Planning Applications in return his support.
I am  amazed you can defend such people. How do you explain the way the system was used to  eject 2 Labour stalwarts out of pure spite?
As for you 'never a Tory' statement well that just shows you for what you are. My Party right or wrong. But we already knew that................

ARC86

Unfortunately we are no longer in the 1980's with regards trade unions and the way we operate.. whether you give the opposition numbers or not, if you are organised then it makes no difference

my view on the 2 cllrs suspended at the time is the same as it is now.. iy was the wrong decision then and it still remains the wrong decision now.. standing up for the rights of the public to ask questions was the correct thing to do there is no doubt about that

Do you think i pay my Labour subscription because i dont support them? Give your head a wobble