Put Hartlepool First

Started by Kitchnstauff, August 02, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winniethepooh

Defo vote PHF!!!!!!! :D We need liars out and fresh people in who are genuine and are willing to do their best

DRiddle

QuoteIf you were a Councillor, you would be put in your place in quick time, all these people wanting to be Councillors go in with the same view, come out with a different view. Sorry me old China, you would just be making the numbers up in the Cremlin. :/

You may well be right in some respects. I don't doubt there are many who went into local politics with noble sentiments only to have their illusions shattered. However, as I see it, there are only really two options. (1) Moan about it and allow all the crazy decisions to continue, or (2) Try to do something.

As for
QuoteThe Labour machine
you mean the same 'Labour Machine' that took ten years to get rid of a lad from a call centre in a monkey costume? The same 'Labour Machine' who recently watched the bloke they'd kicked out of their party absolutely wipe the floor with the bloke they'd elected to lead it? The same 'Labour Machine' who've put up a patsy in their strongest ward because their feathers have been ruffled by a bloke with a ukulele? The same 'Labour Machine' who in the middle of the biggest recession for generations, in a town where 1 in 3 kids live in poverty, where unemployment is rife and many people are living off food banks think it's a good idea to spend money on a parade so Stephen Akers-Belcher can wave at us? That 'Labour Machine'? Is that the one you mean?

The Labour Machine exists at national level. In a lot of respects I agree with it's genuine core principles. The Labour Machine exists in terms of Labour North, there are some good people there. But in Hartlepool, well i'm afraid the wheels came off that 'Labour Machine' a long time ago.

Mr Mister

David..

I agree, trying to do something is the best way forward, i'll stick to what I am good at.. "Throwing stones" pointless trying to be a Councillor, I wouldn't be good at it, I wouldn't be able to change anything and no doubt would spent most of the time suspended.But then they already know that.

Going onto the big, stupid, ginger one you rave about, and how he turned over C.A.B. in one meeting, funny that, especially his Mrs is now under investigation, turned himself over and too dumb to see that I think personally.

Funny also, that for someone so vocal, doesn't have much to say, when you ask him a question and scurries off as quick as he can to avoid answering questions.

I have lots of questions for him, so feel free to mention it to him.

stokoe

bang on the money mr riddle.

brassed off monkey

Sounds about right  ;) ;) There are towns all over the country with similar problems, poverty, hardship & degradation, but they haven`t featured in Private Eye on a regular basis.

They may have councillors with similar traits as members of "The Mob" but they don`t have the same all consuming need for self publicity & public preening that is often displayed in the pages of The Mail with it`s regular features on "The Dear Leader" & Ste "They all Love Him" as The Ceremonial Mayor.

Only in Hartlepool

DRiddle

Mr Mister, if I stood (which I doubt I will) and got in, I dare say I might spend a bit of time in the sin bin myself because I say what I think is the right thing.

I say what I think is the right thing even when there are others in positions above me that probably won't agree with what I say.

I say what I think is the right thing even when saying it might hinder my career or any progress I might make if I were to enter local politics.

As for raving about Councillor Brash, my views are quite well known. Of the councillors that are or were members of the local Labour group there are few I rate. There are some I have nothing but utter contempt for and there are others that are so mute and irrelevant that the most I feel toward them is ambivalence fluctuating between distain and annoyance.

In my opinion, of what we have in the chamber, Councillor Brash is amongst the best equipped to offer a meaningful contribution. Given some of the people he's up against, and the degree to which I rate most of them, that hardly counts as a glowing eulogy does it?

Mr Mister

David, pointless debating it with me, as you will find, if my posts don't get scrapped by the administrator, then they get heavily edited.

Especially with the stupid looking ginger one gets a mention. odd that :/

Missy K

DRiddle, are you saying that you would vote Labour if Councillor Brash was a Labour candidate in your ward and up for election?

I know that Perseus is very close to Councillor Brash too after reading through the HP forums he has all the info it would seem directly from Councillor Brash.

Anyway I am just trying to get my head round you stating that you are a Putting Hartlepool First member then on the other hand praising a Councillor that is a Labour Councillor through and through. If you do know Councillor Brash could you ask him about his statement describing himself as "Independent Labour", I dont think there is such a party. I think Councillor Brash should join Putting Hartlepool First and stop all this baloney about being pie in the sky "Independent Labour", whats that all about?

I think any one wishing to create accountability and not mind being questioned, by anyone should also think to join Putting Hatlepool First.

Mr Mister

A lot of averts on here for PHF lately. . .

Brush wants the Scabs gone, then he will be right back under the Labour flag, all about timing, Brush ain't joining PHF anytime soon, PHF are sucking up to him to join, you can read that in the statements on here by PHF supporters, who have suddenly forgot all about Brush's past history as a Councillor.

BORK!

DRiddle

Hi Missy, Councillor Brash is indeed one of the 3 councillors in my in ward and yes I have voted for him in the past. Each time that was prior to PFH's existence and in the all outs in May last year with me having '3 votes' I was able to do both.

Principally my reason for voting for him is that I believe he is the most effective councillor in my ward. When I've had minor issues with the usual stuff people moan about (litter, dog mess, pot holes etc.) he has always been quick to reply to me and I've seen evidence of action. For example, a road sweeper turning up later that day if residents have complained about excessive litter.

For little things that people don't seem to notice but I know he's done I can tell you about anecdotally. For example, a little old lady who struggled getting her wheelie Bin up and down from the road or pavement, he had the kerb altered to make a slope for her. That doesn't sound a lot, but to her it meant a great deal.

On more significant issues in my ward such as Baden Street, Burn Valley Gardens etc. things are FAR from perfect and I've told him so. However, again at least I see evidence of actual action. On his watch the Burn Valley Gardens has had a lot of work done to improve it, particularly at the top end towards Catcote Road. A one way system has been implemented to help traffic flow which has helped a lot.

Baden Street is no better in my opinion thought and I've told him that, personally I'd like to see it knocked down or the whole lot on the end of a CPO by the council.

Compare that to another councillor in my ward who sanctioned a contract of £640,000 to an organisation co-founded by ex-councillor Wilcox and I hope you'd agree that there's a significant difference between those two mind sets.

As for him being ex-Labour, I have no real problem with that in terms of the national angle. No problem at all. Working in education I spend my working days trying to help people, trying to help them to make the best of their own ability and improve their life chances. In theory those are core Labour values.... just not in Hartlepool.

I hope that answers your question.