Put Hartlepool First

Started by Kitchnstauff, August 02, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensionater

I'm afraid you're wasting your time Mk1,the so called UKIP supporters look no further than the  argument that it's "foreigners "that steal our jobs,so keep them out and everything will be rosy. ::) 

beanzontoast

It`s not just UKIP supporters Pensionator who feel Mass Immigration is a bad idea, then you are in denial  and your head burried in the sand up and down the country people are not happy with Immigration, even the immigrants in Boston Lincs, don`t want anymore.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on August 04, 2013, 10: PM
Mk1 there will always be those that have more money than others,

And UKIP are commited to ensuring those with the money (like Nigel) keep more of it by dismantling the Welfare State and ending all empoyment protection.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on August 04, 2013, 10: PM
It`s not just UKIP supporters Pensionator who feel Mass Immigration is a bad idea

So why did the UKIP lose a seat on Norfolk County Council?

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2013-08-02/ukip-candidate-defeated-in-thetford-by-election/

I know your  game  is to get UKIP a mention so my game is to link  to negative stories about  UKIP.
Not a difficult task..................

beanzontoast

Fred c you will always have National party`s running the show in Hartlepool and if its not it will be some other National entity governing Hartlepool, local issues are what exactly, a new bus shelter perhaps or where to place that new park bench, all the rest is filtered down from national government, no if`s or but`s, so you need to give your head a good shake if you think otherwise.

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on August 04, 2013, 10: PM
My Interests are in Hartlepool, first,second & third, who else but PHF give me the opportunity to express that ideal, no National Party in Hartlepool has Hartlepools Interests before the National Parties Interests.

I don't think I've ever questioned your dedication to bettering Hartlepool, Fred but it is worth pointing out to you that the Conservative Party is a devolved party which actively encourages local associations to make decisions based on what is best for their constituency. It's a philosophy the party has had for a very long time and at one point (I forget the years) it used the slogan "Trust the party that trusts local government".

Perhaps there are many members of PHF, both elected and activists, who genuinely wish to work in the best interests of our town but it is false to say and naive to believe that they are the only party to do so.

Lucy Lass-Tick

It really baffles me why people think that national policies are the bee's knees, regardless of the shade of the rosette; what can be more relevant than a local chap who wants to improve the community and reintroduce decency to local politics?

mo the lawn

Some people have to have things spelt out for them Putting Hartlepool First is not a national party .The clue is in the name, they are self funding and are not controlled by full time politicians that work in ivory towers in the  rich south of this country.
Their sole  purpose is the  well being of Hartlepool  and its people,and  they are the 2nd largest party in the tower ,again the clue is in the word Party.

grim reaper

I agree with you, Mo.
If the different people on here don't want UKIP, Tories or labour for Hartlepool, just who do they want?  :P
One thing is for sure, if they are not very careful with their political prejudices, we will end up with another 60+ years of labour cronyism and trough diving in our town.  >:(   >:(

How people can say labour is for the working class and looks after us in Hartlepool is beyond me.
Since the 2nd World War (apart from 5 years...'59---'64) Hartlepool has been a labour constituency.
Jones, Leadbitter, Mandelson, Wright. We've even had the Prime Minister living on our doorstep;  :(
We've got labour MPs and ministers throughout the North-East.....so why, in 60 odd years is Hartlepool still at the bottom of the heap?  :'(

Why have we lost our hospital, despite them promising we wouldn't?  >:(
Why DO we keep voting for a party that has not helped the town in any way over all of those years?  ???

We have GOT to make a change in this town. We have GOT to stop blindly voting for the party that continues to fail to deliver...be it Tories in Govt., or even labour themselves in Govt., Hartlepool always misses out.  :(

LABOUR DOESN'T WORK IN HARTLEPOOL.....give another party a chance to turn us round. 
We have nothing to lose and just maybe a lot to gain.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: grim reaper on August 05, 2013, 05: PM

Why have we lost our hospital, despite them promising we wouldn't?  >:(
Why DO we keep voting for a party that has not helped the town in any way over all of those years?  ???

We have GOT to make a change in this town. We have GOT to stop blindly voting for the party that continues to fail to deliver...be it Tories in Govt., or even labour themselves in Govt., Hartlepool always misses out.  :(

LABOUR DOESN'T WORK IN HARTLEPOOL.....give another party a chance to turn us round. 
We have nothing to lose and just maybe a lot to gain.

Totally agree with you grim.......

If its obvious to the people on here that Liebour do nowt for the town, it must be obvious to everyone surely?

Now all we have to do is convince the voting populace of the town that there is an alternative to the trough feeders, and to stop blindly voting Liebour.
'They don't like it up em'

grim reaper

A friend has just rang me, after having seen my comment on here.
He stated that if Hartlepool Council was run by, let's say, PHF, then we would get even LESS assistance with jobs and infrastructure from central govt. than we do now, be it labour or a Tory govt.
I disagree.
If we had PHF running Hartlepool Council and they listened to what the townsfolk want--NOT Tall Ships, NOT 'interchanges' or any other pie in the sky schemes, and especially NOT a labour MP, then a Tory or labour govt. would pour funds and initiatives into Hartlepool to win us back!

But because we have always been a safe labour seat, 'they' know they have us in the bag and can put their money and energy into 'marginals'.
The same goes for the Tories. They know we are a 'lost cause' so they ignore us in a lot of respects.
Remember the Tory health minister (as was) Andrew Lansley?
He visited the town and made the crass comment;
'Vote in a Tory MP and we'll keep your hospital open'.

So that is our bargaining tool; remove labour and put in fresh, untainted blood and make whichever govt. work and pay to get us back.

mo the lawn

Very true , but if we had different mayor  we would be adding to the jobless list  because his hairdresser will be out of work.
But i agree with you  they will pour money in to make us think what a great party they are and we must vote for them.
Trouble is a lot of people dont live in the real  world where lots of  house holds have more than one person out of work.
But the gang from labour  spend money on  things that people of this town dont want.
I have heard they are now planning a parade in september to mark  his highness has been mayor for a year ,they will close roads  have police to make sure of this.
It all starts with drinks and nibbles in civic  them a march to st georges church and a service then a march back for even more nibbles and drinks.
Who does he think he is and do we really care but i would like to know whos paying for it.

Hartlepudlion

I agree that PHF does not act as a party which is a failing to most people although they consider it a strength. A "party" tag to me suggests that the group will act collectively for the common good not as individuals who can vote whichever way they feel like it - how can you achieve anything without at least a consensus.

That said, there is no other party who can take on Labour at the moment. So people of the Manor Ward, give them the benefit of the doubt and vote for them. Barclay is being used by Labour to show contempt for the Ward and Hartlepool residents.

mo the lawn

It must be better to have some one who can vote for what is best in their ward  but be able to vote as a unit if need be.

not4me

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on August 06, 2013, 08: AM
I agree that PHF does not act as a party which is a failing to most people although they consider it a strength. A "party" tag to me suggests that the group will act collectively for the common good not as individuals who can vote whichever way they feel like it - how can you achieve anything without at least a consensus.

That said, there is no other party who can take on Labour at the moment. So people of the Manor Ward, give them the benefit of the doubt and vote for them. Barclay is being used by Labour to show contempt for the Ward and Hartlepool residents.
Aren't you mistaking the word 'consensus' for 'whip'. When Labour vote en bloc, it doesn't mean that they all agree with what they are voting for, it simply means that it's what the leadership has decided. In effect, a very small number of Labour councillors are deciding how the whole group should vote.

Giving PHF Councillors the freedom to vote as they wish seems a damn sight more honest to me and in practice, because like-minded people tend to think in similar ways, PHF Councillors do tend to vote the same way on most things. However, the freedom not to do so is I'm sure how most people would wish things to work. What could be worse than having people forced to vote for something that they don't believe in?