Brash calls CABs motion corrupt

Started by admin, July 03, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

This seems to sum the situation up quite nicely.

http://youtu.be/fdSLP-qz_fw
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Well if CAB isn't already in therapy after Thursday night, he will be after reading this.
http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/braveheart.htm

My favourite bit.....
" . . . We know that Christopher Akers-Belcher is the Leader of the Council because he misses no opportunity to tell us so, but I wonder if he really understands that the word 'Leader' implies some degree of Leadership. Gary Glitter, for example, also spent much of his time telling us that he was 'The Leader of the Gang', but I think most of us secretly knew that he lacked the required qualities to make a go of it . . . '

effing brilliant and scarily accurate

Stevef

Quote from: Mr Mister on July 27, 2013, 09: AM

People on this forum have forgot the past seemingly, when it comes to the ginger one, he wasn't any good for this town in the past, he put his hand up when told too, now they're are calling him "Braveheart" ..Get a grip Hartlepool Post.

I for one have had problems with Brash's politics in the past and still do. His stance on the payment of union officials by taxpayers for one. An interesting little debate which got over shadowed by main spectacle last Thursday.

However this site is all about protecting the interests of the ordinary people of Hartlepool by scrutinising and reporting on the activities of our council. Especially those who act out of self interest, either for political or personal gain.

Councillor Brash's defence of the publics right to ask supplementary questions and challenge our elected representatives, and his opposition to the Labour groups attempt to put the awarding of council contracts under (their) political control, are as good a match to those objectives as you can get.

The fact that these were done out of principle and not self interest adds considerable merit.

Its true to say that Councillor Brash is unlikely to ever be asked to join HTH, but I don't see why his efforts on these maters should be ignored.

Merit where Merit is due.

You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

Mr Mister

SteveF

I've met you a few times and I know you're switched on, so what went wrong this morning..

Of course it was self interest, he knew he was going nowhere with Labour, he was looking for a cause to cling to and questions came along.. nothing more, nothing less.

Mr & Mrs Brash very much would like to replace the Scabs and that's what this is all about..

Come on mate, you know better! :) x

brassed off monkey

Quote from: perseus on July 28, 2013, 12: PM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-mayor-insists-he-will-not-resign-over-role-in-crisis-hit-charity-1-5895443

Well, if the comments and reaction to this article are anything to go by, it looks like the mayor doesn't quite have the support he thinks he does.

The Link gives a fairly accurate assessment of peoples feelings towards the behaviour of this "Man" & his fellow self servers, the unfortunate thing is, that The Mail should be instigating  serious articles to look at the Manor & WCN/E organisations, they should be asking the people of the Manor their opinion & then investigating what they are told.

Instead what do they do......... Publish the Propaganda & Bulls**t produced by "The Mob", the Editorial Policy of the paper is a disgrace to any serious journalist, they should be out looking for column inches.... not waiting for them to drop through the letter box in an envelope franked with a Labour Stamp.

fred c

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-mayor-insists-he-will-not-resign-over-role-in-crisis-hit-charity-1-5895443

Well, if the comments and reaction to this article are anything to go by, it looks like the mayor doesn't quite have the support he thinks he does.

The Comments section to this Article has disappeared.....

mk1

Quote from: fred c on July 28, 2013, 07: PM

The Comments section to this Article has disappeared.....

I noticed that earlier but the site is chaotic and comments vanish on a regular basis.
There were 21+ comments and every one was negative.  Some were very personal remarks about about the big  fat fella so I bet the censor has pulled the lot to remove the worst and sanitise the remainder and repost them.
It is comical to see the little fat fella running about trying to convince himself everyone  loves his grossly overweight  partner (hopefully not the same way he was 'loved' when he went missing in Bournmouth!) and how popular they both  are.
Popular my ar*se!

Did you see the gem in the Mail where CAB  was quoted as saying he did not want to 'discredit the credibility' of the enquiry.
How exactly do you discredit credibility?

Mr Mister

Some of the posts about both of them are unfair, mine included sometimes, I took the mick out of his hair cut yesterday, which was unfair really, it's wrong, as it makes it personal against him and I don't mind him really, the couple of times I have spoken to him and asked him what I wanted, he answered me, told me his view etc. he not a bad fella.

The problem is of course, his actions regarding Manor Residents & their ex staff was cowardly, he was in a position to do something and bottled it, stuck his head in the sand and hoped it would go away, he should have had a Kennedy moment, followed by an A.G.M. pushed for a vote on Angie and took it from there, then resigned, instead he showed how he doesn't give a toss about anyone but them.. how very sad.

His sell by date is approaching, Christopher's too, the Labour group are not going to want to be mugged off for the next few years by two of their own, this is not going to improve, problem is... who are they going to replace them with, after what happened to Mad Dog she will be plotting against them, along with her little crowd.

Business is picking up with local politics now, it's not quite the one horse race it was in every ward now.

fred c

Its a pity the Mail aren`t a bit more selective about the "Tripe" they publish in articles concerning "The Dear Leader & The Mob", they should look at issues in a more objective manner, instead of acting as the propaganda mouthpiece of this particular regime.

mk1

It appears  the comments have been removed and you are no longer allowed to criticise the big fat fella. The  confirmation that the SCAB's are deeply unpopular moved them to have a word with Joy and she airbrushed this awkward fact from the record.

steveL

Just to give everyone an idea of who is aligning themselves with whom these days and to add another persepctive to last Thursday's meeting.

This is a complaint letter by Angie Wilcox sent to Peter Devlin, the Chief Solicitor on July 5th, around the same time that Wilcox resigned. I'm assuming that this is the letter to which Cath Hill referred during the meeting. We've heard talk that the two letters were written at the same time as a joint effort but we have no way of knowing for sure. Even so, you can get a picture of the common approach that has been adopted and the alignment between all three.

5th July 2013
Dear Peter,
Whistle Blowing – Complaint

It would be remiss of me to not put on record the fact that two former cabinet members (Brash and Hargreaves) together with a central community organisation (HVDA) knowingly and actively conspired and campaigned against Voluntary Organisations in the south of the town namely Manor Residents Association and Who Cares NE. I am of the firm belief this was to position themselves as an alternative to those providers currently delivering services and no doubt the future shall determine whether they expose themselves as competitors. I understand all information proving their collusion was provided to you by the Leader in August 2011 and subsequently to Tom Mitchell as part of the public inquiry. These two disgraced Councillors have now been expelled from the national Labour Party for failing to uphold the minimum standards of the Labour Party and their current usage of social media against members of this Council is a direct breach of our Code of Conduct and the Nolan principles.
Additionally I would further like to take this opportunity to duly report my own concerns about the actions of Councillor Hargreaves, who together with her husband Councillor Brash have relentlessly and publicly criticised the organisation for who I work. Whilst pointing the finger of suspicion at others Councillor Hargreaves has failed to declare providing services to the Council and as an elected member this is a criminal offence. These services have been invoiced to the Council under her private company of XIVVI Ltd and would question the procurement route the awarding of such services has undertaken. Other service providers, co-founded by Councillor Hargreaves (Women What Do) have similarly been delivering work for the Council and again failed to be declared. I would hope now is the time the Council expedites a similar investigation to the Public Inquiry to look at the commissioning of services within the private sector with particular emphasis on those connected to elected members. As this is a criminal offence under law I feel the police should be notified at the earliest opportunity to maintain the integrity of the Council. I also would call upon those very same Councillors to resign their positions on the Council as they have failed to adhere to the Council's Code of Conduct but also they have no mandate on the Council as they were elected as Labour Councillors but were expelled for failing to meet the minimum of standards expected of Labour Party members. Additionally both members are board members of Families First, which as an organisation that utilises the DWP 'Back to Work' programme and ultimately workers are paid at their benefit level that is far below the minimum wage. Ultimately this is no better than slave Labour whereby staff are working for their benefits, whilst Managers are funded from tax payer's money and Trustees such as Councillor Hargreaves are utilising the same premises for the profit of their private business. This is morally wrong as is this the Council providing free garage facilities to the vehicles in ownership of Families First.
Please can you look into the above and alternatively I am willing to ask why this has not been fully investigated and reported to the police as a public question at Full Council.
Yours Sincerely,
Ms Angela Wilcox
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Who ever begins a thread adds a Subject at the top of their post which then becomes the Title of the whole thread and also the default Subject of every post. However, posters can still change the subject of an individual post to reflect the actual content of that post. If a poster choses not to do so  then the default Title is used.

So in my own posts case, Brash's performance at last Thursday's meeting was all about allegations aimed at Hargreaves and the move to gain political control over contracts. Another aspect to this, but still related to the content of the meeting, was Wilcox's complaint letter which also was about the same thing. Angie's complaint letter didn't warrant a thread of it's own as its contents were connected to a already existing thread.

Another good reason to use your own subjects on posts is that they appear on the forum summary on the front page.

brassed off monkey

One thing is for certain, Angelina Ballerina didn`t write that letter, will that particular legal bill for services rendered be appearing in MRA`s next accounts ?

mk1

All the comments on the Hargreaves story on the Mail site have been deleted.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/contracts-probe-is-a-vendetta-says-councillor-1-5908602

It should be noted that without exception the comments were very critical of the SCAB's and nothing at all 'bad' about Hargreaves was mentioned. Yet again the two fat blokes have been shielded from reality.

brassed off monkey