Barely literate man makes desperate attempt to get Elected Police Commisioner

Started by mk1, April 19, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

This was in the Mail tonight:

" Mr Drummond said the police have led the successes, but a range of organisations have been involved in cutting crime. . ............ "But all the experts say that in times of recession and hardship crime goes up," he added. "We are acutely aware of the potential challenges ahead and will try to continue along the same road with far less resources."

And Mayor Drummond says the results send a message to whoever is elected as Cleveland's first police crime commissioner on November 15. ยท He added: "This sends a powerful message to whoever is elected that our system in Hartlepool works and no radical changes are needed. "We will continue to work as we do so, and will hopefully have more success."

The blue bit is a blatant attempt to suggest his 'success' in Hartlepool would make him an ideal candidate for the post but the red bits  starkly show  his limitations. The man struggles to speak coherently.

As for the falling crime rate well it would wouldn't it-most of the offences were being committed by members of the Police Authority and they are all on bail at the moment............

PS.
If Sean was being paid all them bungs 'expenses' because he was so good  how come the performance has improved since he was removed?
Can we get all the school fees/wife's car back?

christine blakey

At a recent meeting, I asked about the crime rate statistics.  The reason that the crime rate is going down is because many cases are classed as civil and so not counted in the overall statistics.

I know of many cases, and this was going on before the investigation into the Police Authority was started.  With this mapped out, I wonder what the statistics would read.

You also have to note that insurance companies take note of any reports or enquiries into vehicle damage, burglary and the likes.  Whether you decided to claim or not, the statistics result in an increased premium next time round.  Therefore more people will simply keep quiet and fix the window themselves for example.

To state that crime figures have gone down is disrespectful to those suffering.  As mentioned, with the crimes reported from within the police force at the moment, how can they boast about the figures as they stand.  We need to know how the figures were collated and consult properly.

On the news tonight, Cleveland Police were the only Police Force to have increased crime figures this year. 

I do not want to slate good Police Officers of which there are many, including those who leave because they can no longer work as an Officer when they know what goes on in come cases.

The promotion of Police Commissioners is more to the tip of the story, it looks like someone internally has their eyes on the prize.  Sadly the public are the pawns again.

christine blakey

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news//2012/04/19/cleveland-police-facing-cash-crisis-as-force-s-finances-revealed-84229-30793941/?campaign=Gazettelive_email_gazette-live-email:20120419

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news//2012/04/19/crime-up-1-2-on-teesside-as-recession-hits-home-84229-30793942/?campaign=Gazettelive_email_gazette-live-email:20120419

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/crime-down-to-new-record-low-1-4460674

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9651802.Police_investigate_gran_s_assault_claim_on_town_mayor/?ref=mr

dangerman

Crime rate figures do not represent what is actually happening on the streets of Hartlepool therfore are not correct, many cars have been vandalised, houses having windows broken, harassment all go unreported because of knowing that the police cant/wont do anything about it.

We read in the Mail of criminals walking free some for quite serious offences, one case in particular because his client had no money to pay a fine...

Cleveland Police are now under instruction not to use their vehicles because of fuel costs, P.C.S.O. are taken out of the community and put into the Shopping Centre or around the Marina all 'Private Property'.

Can you remember the promise made that P.C.S.O.s will not be taken from the streets and will remain in the ward.

Drug Dealers regulary ply their filthy trade openly we see police crackdowns but still the dealing goes on, a slap on the wrist, or It's for his own use your worship.

The law used to be respected now it's a joke but the joke is on us, We abide by a law that is now sadly out of touch with real people like you and I.

Figures can be manipulated anyway you want..People cant!

The Great Dictator

According to figures Crime has been falling for 20 years so why is there so many blue lights and court round ups in the mail ?

notenoughsaid

As stated in previous postings by myself before the forum was "bombed" I tried to make it clear we are now entering uncharted waters in relation to Police Commissioners.The title I feel is rather"Grandiose" and some of the prospective candidates need to look  again at  the job descripion .They may well find themselves ,alone without the rest of he former authority at their side as a comfort zone,having to make decisions they are unable to fulfill.It may sound great having the ability to hire and fire chief constables but I would advise caution. The Government are at fault here as they have lost the plot.In relation to the local situation I feel that Coun.Wells  along with Mayor Drummond fancy the post.In Kent,Lt.Col.Tim Collins has suggested he may apply.Famous for his "eve of battle speech "and his clear skills in decision making and leadership show him to be in a class well above any of the aforementioned. Lord Prescott fancies the job in Humberside.I saw him on TV a few weeks age and his attitude suggested he has already got the job.Lord Help Humberside.  If you wish to see what happens when politicians try to rule the Police have a go at "googling" a Hansard report from 1981 depicting Edwina  Currie slating a certain Councillor Bookbinder.leader of the Derbyshire Police Authority whom she blames for the early retirement and ultimate death of the Chief Constable Alf Parrish.She quite rightly uses strong words to get her point across.  I accept she is not everybodys cup of tea but on this occasion I feel she highlights the danger of the Police being dictated to by politicians. It should  also be borne in mind that recently a labour Councillor "Coppinger" Stockton/Boro (may have his name slightly wrong )stated "ItIS Vital Labour obtain this degree of control.  This is not meant to happen.