HBC Advertising

Started by Piggy, April 17, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggy

Hi all, as a regular reader of HTH I am asking for your assistance in a Freedom of Info Request on Advertising Spend of HBC over a number of years.

The years I am interested in are 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 to now all itemised.

the following fields I intend asking about are the following, HBC Annual Spend for:

1) Hartlepool & Peterlee Mail
2) Radio Hartlepool
3) Hartbeat Magazine
4) Newspaper Other
5) Radio Other
6) Magazine Other
7) Any other Advertising leaflet, poster, flyer, internet etc

The object of this is to find out exactly what HBC have wasted annually since 2009 until now out of our hard earned Council Tax money.

Should I ask HBC to list the departments too, Fostering, Arts & Events, Buy Local and Adult Education etc

Any advice on how I should lay my request out would be appreciated.

The Shadow

Just state that you want to know how much has been spent overall including but not limited to the mail etc

The Great Dictator

In 2001 they were spending £3000 a week with the mail. Other advertising comes from other departmental budgets.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but, (statutory notices apart), exactly what do local authorities need to advertise?  ???

Piggy

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 18, 2012, 04: PM
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but, (statutory notices apart), exactly what do local authorities need to advertise?  ???

HBC advertise things like the Theatres and Borough Hall events and shows, then there's the buy local campaign too.

My main reason for the Freedom of Info Request is that I heard that the Hartlepool & Peterlee Mail receives more than £200k per annum from HBC departments and would go under if it weren't for HBC and its Officers.  If this is true I would like to question a number of facts and other advertising  costs on here for all to see.

Why should we contribute our hard earned wages in Council Tax to fuel the Hartlepool & Perterlee Mails Editors Porsche (if she still has it)?

notinshadow

Jason just send of the request and wait for the reply, as that might or might not answer any questions you have.

Piggy

Quote from: notinshadow on April 18, 2012, 06: PM

Jason just send of the request and wait for the reply, as that might or might not answer any questions you have.

I know not, but I have started the process and lets just see what a total waste is spent in the various methods I have listed, if at all I get an itemised reply.

notinshadow

You won't get a straight answer, that's not how they work!!

But good luck.

Not Stephen Hadow

you definitely won't get a straight answer about Hartbeat Magazine! "The Council" don't spend anything on Hartbeat, it actually makes a profit for "the council" If you asked how much individual departments spent on Hartbeat then that would be a different question......lol.....

notinshadow

O dear of course.. their money comes in from adverts and the council spend a fortune on adverts..

Slippery..Where that Dominic Little with his Cowboy Traders when you need him...lol.

steveL

Hartbeat....Grrr!

Although the council claims Hartbeat is self financing or will be one day, a look at the adverts tells you that much of the advertising comes from organisations funded by the council - so the Council still funds it but indirectly.

It's published in Darlo by the way - remember everyone, BUY LOCAL ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.