soap opera police

Started by marky, April 16, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

What a soap opera Cleveland Police is - seems its one case after another. How people are supposed to maintain their confidence I just don't know.
"In 2007, the Appeal Court, which overturned his conviction, found that serving police officers deliberately suppressed evidence that could have cleared his name."
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9650947.Former_officer_awarded___800_000_from_Cleveland_Police/r/?ref=rss

mk1

For all the good they are the Police Authority might as well be run by monkeys, oh wait.........

christine blakey

The Police Officers who tried to ruin his life should have to pay back wages under the proceeds of crime act.

This case is awful as are many others where Cleveland Police are embroiled in it.

notinshadow

What Cleveland Police at it...noooooo surely not!!

notinshadow

It's a funny old world..

I read this thread, after reading it went to check my emails, this was one of them.

Keith Fisher are you reading this!!

Your appeal has been allocated to me for investigation. I apologise for the length of  time it has taken for the case to be allocated to a casework manager, but we have something of a backlog at present. I intend to deal with your appeal as a priority, but first I would like some additional information from you. I have had a first look at the papers and hope that you can help. I note that your conviction for the events of 21 May was quashed on appeal, after the judge heard the police officers' testimony. Do you have any documentary evidence of what was said in court - for example, a transcript of the hearing, or your solicitor's or your barrister's notes? If so, I would be grateful if you send me a copy as a matter of urgency. My contact details are below.

In the interest of fairness, may I point out that at no time have the police or anyone else taken a statement from me to see what my complaint was/is.

They have been round trying to talk me out of the I.P.C.C. route explaining that nothing will happen to the officers anyway, so they might as well deal with it inhouse..

With that said Hartlepool police did conduct their own investigation and the main part of my complaint was uphelp by them but they say they were not harassing me..

So it's gone to the I.P.C.C. which have taken 8 months to contact me.

Once the I.P.C.C. have finished, I will sue Cleveland Police through the civil courts for damages.

Julie noted

This is the problem when you offer 'incentives' (promotion, bonuses etc.) for convictions.
Believe it or not, police are human; and like humans in all walks of life, a percentage are bent!
Have you noticed in those police programmes, Ultimate police interceptors etc. (where they all make prats of themselves, hamming it up for the cameras   :P),
when they come across someone they nearly always say "Are you known to us"?
I often wonder why that should be...surely they ought to be investigating the current problem and not asking if someone has a criminal history?
I know there may be the likelihood that someone with a criminal history may be involved again but I think that puts a negative slant on the police attitude and investigation.
They are more likely to convince themselves that the person they have stopped must be involved, 'cos he has 'form' and try to make a conviction out of it.
When I think about it, I've never heard it said to a female on one of the programmes.
Maybe because it's usually males on the show.
Whenever they say it, I feel slightly uneasy.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Dixon of Dock Green vs The Sweeney?

notinshadow

Nick him anyway he is clearly bang at it..

How many bunches of flowers does his mrs/mr/girlfriend really need.

Lucy Lass-Tick

I reckon that any chap who spends that amount on flowers is either mega-romantic or constantly trying to get himself out of the dog house!  :-\

mk1

I wonder how much the monkey spent?
I think he should tell us now before he is found out.............

testing times

'A comprehensive review of all governance processes is underway and many changes have already been made to ensure that such issues do not arise again"
There's that phrase again.

...but this is a classic:

"'In addition the Force has set up an Integrity Board to ensure the recommendations of the HM Inspectorate of Constabulary Report, 'Without Fear of Favour', are implemented in force."

Apparently, we now need an 'Integrity Committee' to remind everyone what the word means - and he's silly me thinking it was a requirement of the job.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: testing times on April 16, 2012, 07: PM

...but this is a classic:
"'In addition the Force has set up an Integrity Board to ensure the recommendations of the HM Inspectorate of Constabulary Report, 'Without Fear of Favour', are implemented in force."
Apparently, we now need an 'Integrity Committee' to remuind everyone what the word means - and he's silly me thinking it was a requirement of the job.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  :o

steveL

I feel a job for an 'Integrity Coordinator' coming on . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If somebody stops breathing and dies ..do they set up a breathing committee so nobody dies again. I think they should have an amnesty where the public can hand in common sense without fear of prosecution.
I don't believe it.