Leaflet evaluations

Started by christine blakey, April 15, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerman

I thought that if someone was standing for election they would be delivering their own leaflets, this would offer an opportunity to ask that prospective cadidate any questions. How silly of me to think that.

Seems now I'll have to ask the paper boy!

Also dont believe for one minute he's Independent both he and Cath Hill are most certainly Labour, and as for Mike Turner I've never even seen or met the man. Who is he?

You can bet whoever is elected will go back into the woodwork never to be seen till the next election.

The Shadow

Finally had my first leaflet delivered! I'll work out how to put a picture of it on here

*edit* anybody know how I put a picture on here I have taken?

notinshadow

What's that they say about conning some of the people some of the time.

I guess you will blag a leaflet from the Headland or West View rather than the area covering Greatham...lol...you're a slippery old sod.. ;D

notinshadow

Just got two leaflet together from the same delivery boy again I think.

This time Cath Hill and Mike Turner.

M.T. goes on about the tip and what he said and did..I wish someone would break it down for him.

They never got the tip shut, the tip got full, it's a f***i*g mountain, you couldn't have got much more on there if they had tried.

Admittedly now the smell has gone, it's not the issue it was, but as for him being a player trying to sort it, I don't think I would agree.

Funny how the other Seaton councillor, as Christine mentioned the other day, came in last time round on lies as what he was or wasn't going to do to ensure the tip was shut down to protect our public health, then did f*c* all once he was elected, eccept taking 5k donation or whatever it was, for the group he works for.

Cath Hill goes on about being a councillor for 15 years and what improvements she has been responsible for and that she is an indy despite what people read in the Mail.

Tosh Tosh and Tosh..covered over by a moutain of bull***t.

christine blakey

As a resident and Resident Representative, I have watched with alarm in Full Council meetings as Councillors stay silent on these emotive topics.

I really would not mind if Councillors got credit where due but they should not be disaqualified if they have used topics for votes and do nothing or little about the problem when it comes down to it.

What is more, Councillors try to block others from being involved as they want to keep their personal focus and ambition and they do not want anyone jumping in and spoiling that, even if they would be a power of good for residents by being involved.

Maybe we need a forum on here where each Councillor/Candidate is named and famed or named and shamed throughout the year, not just during elections.  This could stop further abuse of emotive topics where residents need and want action.  I really do think we should be putting an end to it.

MkI

I've had one leaflet up to now, a Conservative one delivered last weekend by a little fella who looked a little bit too old to be wearing the kind of jogging / casual stuff that he was wearing.  He looked a bit like that bloke who's always in the paper wearing smart suits but judging by what he was wearing at the weekend it can't have been the same guy.

I can't really evaluate it as I haven't actually read it, although I do know that the incumbent councillor who it was for is a darn site more useful than most of the other councillors in the town.