Leaflet evaluations

Started by christine blakey, April 15, 2012, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christine blakey

I wondered if we could politely evaluate leaflets on this thread?

I was told that te Electoral Commission rely on feedback from candidates and the public if a leaflet is significantly incorrect or breaching/breaking law/guidelines.

Would be interesting to know but please keep this clean as it is after all, our future we are playing with.  Let us get the messages right?

The Shadow

I haven't had a leaflet or a knock at the door yet.

christine blakey

You should be getting something soon as I got a Labour leaflet this morning.

I had a conservative leaflet nearly two weeks ago and I know that another Conservative will be on it's way.

I am sure the other candidates will be sending you information via the letterbox soon.

I know the newspaper starts it ward per day spread on 17 April or so.

Then I am sure people will be knocking on doors or offering meetings asap too.

Personally I think all candidates should work together to ensure that everyone understands what each candidate or party offers.  The differing time tables and resources could sadly impact on votes for the best candidates for the Ward.  Maybe this thread will help some?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I got a leaflet from Paul Thompson (Seaton) today. Didn't address any of the big issues like A&E so filed it in the recycling bin.
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

I would be interested in seeing it.  Could HTH scan all leaflets on here?

Paul got favour from the ward because he said he would address the landfill and other environmental concerns.  Yet he does not get involved in debates where he could try to influence change as he promised.

He mocked my disability stating that I used my wheelchair for effect, that is not only against his principles as a Councillor but as the Manager of Hartlepool Families First.  This was especially cutting as he referred to a very bad health day when I dragged myself to a site meeting for Hartfield's Retirement Village, where my actions recognised the fears of the residents within the village.

I didn't hear Paul making comment in order to look at resolving the matter at hand and paying more attention towards me is totally inappropriate.

That said, I am furious that there is a delay spanning over two years whereby they are still trying to grapple with a sensible plan.  This should have been sorted by Councillors and Officers.  Again another rift across the whole of Middle Warren estate.  The park is necessary and they should have built it by now.

There are other concerns that I do not want to mention as yet but the above is enough for me as he has made dealing with my disability much harder as if I needed that!  No apology does not help also.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

"He mocked my disability"

...that has 100% guaranteed he won't be getting my vote.
I don't believe it.

marky

I think I'm being ignored - I haven't had anything yet

christine blakey

Which area are you in Marky?

notinshadow

I think this might be nearer the truth, not that I care either way especially.

There was a meeting up there for councillors, of which you were not one, (res reps don't count).

As I understand it, you were asked repeatedly to stop making comments and when you kept butting in, the councillors decided as you were in a wheel chair to walk across the grass to get away from you.

You were not happy about it and had a Little Britain moment, got up out your wheel chair and rushed over to not miss anything.

Of course to those there it was humourous, so the story was repeated to all and sundry at your expense.

There is no need to tell untruths about him, as there are plenty of truths that would stop people voting for him if they look.

Indy No.. Labour Yes.. he puts his hand up when Labour require him to and if his unsure he starts texting for advice.

Ryehill

Notinshadow, what is the point of your post. Is it just to get a cheap laugh at Christine's expense?

steveL

What has any of this got to do with leaflet evaluations?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

I still haven't had one. Should I be worried or pleased?

codheadless

you probably have thousands of your own to deliver :)

notinshadow

Ryhill
I understand you are cross with me, as I have rubbed you up the wrong way over the UKIP bit but my comments were not a cheap shot at anyone.
I sit here reading the personal attack on Paul Thompson, (who I don't even like much) knowing that what is being said is untrue.
How do I know?? because it was Paul Thompson who told me about it and me that mentioned it to Christine some time after.
So I think I am in a position to know who said what, so when I hear it said by Christine in the way it is said, I know that to be untrue in the context she puts it.
The facts of the matter I don't believe are disputed, more just the who said what bit.
I am sorry Ryhill that I seemed to have rubbed you up the wrong way, but sadly my friend, I have that effect on people it is often said, so feel free to join the rest that feel hard done by.
Kind Regards.

notinshadow

Vote Independent vote Paul Thompson (don't make me laugh)

Today all my neighbours got their election leaflet from Paul Thompson.
By mistake (not) my house was left out..but as I was walking the dog I bumped into a kid out delivering them so got one from him.

What a load of old tosh!!