police & crime commissioner

Started by dangerman, May 05, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notenoughsaid

Further to the above post re PCC eligibility it was a few weeks ago when I read the Home Secs. statement and I now realise she has made several since then re other matters. I checked my info .and found it to be misleading.Sorry,however visit(www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/police-crime-commissioners/questions/elections/ )and all of the info.is there.

Straight Talking

Quote from: notenoughsaid on May 06, 2012, 12: AM
Reply with thanks to Straight Talking........that is more or less what I thought was the state of play .The item in the H/pool Mail tonight confirmed what you say and what I thought ,however I did not read it until about 9.p.m.
  If you or anybody else are interested the terms and conditions imposed on prospective candidates I would suggest a quick look at the Gov. website covering the matter.It is feasible that an Italian EU citizen now living in the police area concerned ,providing he fulfills the criteria (i.e. No convictions, Eu Citizenship and as stated resident in the relevant area he may apply??? Just what the mafia need !!!A police Commissioner in their pocket.I dont have a problem with Italians however I feel the example given provides food for thought and shows how the whole idea is flawed.   
   The Gov.site is,as expected long winded, but to get a simplified and easily read version I recently Googled Theresa+May+ Ministers+ Statement + Police +Commissioners and found it enlightening if not awsome.Thanks once again.

Thanks for that NotEnoughSaid, The example you give is scarey enough, but can you imagine what will happen if the BNP were to get a commissioner in place in say Birmingham or Manchester.
The whole process is flawed in my view, again too much power in too few hands. There will be tears before bedtime.

notinshadow

Beanzontoast

Did you agree with my last post?

The Great Dictator

Coppinger has been Mallons right hand man for 10 years now so he'll know a bit about the police force..

not4me

I was under the impression that they intended to do away with the Police Authority but I see from the Mail story that they are simply to be replaced by a Crime and Police Panel full of the usual suspects on cushty allowances. All they seem to be doing is changing the name and the net result is more money being spent.

Given the mess that Cleveland Police are in I would think the present Police Authority owe everyone of us an apology.

notenoughsaid

To Testicles ,   do you know how they got on together as the relationship was due to the electorate.?    In the event of any underlying resentment perhaps it could be time for Mr.Mallons revenge after the way Cleveland Police treat him!!!!! and give his aid his support to get his own back. Whilst not knowing Mr.Coppinger I cant forget the article in the mail which I have previously  mentioned mentioned.

Inspector Knacker

If someone can explain to me how having some political placement, or come to that, anybody, as a police commissioner, will improve policing, do let me know.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: notenoughsaid on May 06, 2012, 01: PM
   In the event of any underlying resentment perhaps it could be time for Mr.Mallons revenge after the way Cleveland Police treat him!!!!!

Mallon left Boro CID because if he stayed he would have faced criminal prosecution. It is as simple as that.
It would be well to remember that several high profile criminals were left untouched during his tenure and when the umpteenth drugs raid on one very high profile dealer  target found nothing  one of the officers did a '1471' on the suspects phone and found he had just been called (warned) by someone in the  M'Boro CID Office .
A serious complaint was made against 2 of Mallon's 'trusted men' and the Inspector who  wrote it down was ordered by Mallon to  rewrite it in a form that was not so clear cut as to warrant any action. The inspector kept both copies of the  statement, the original and Mallon's version. The original was used against Mallon at the hearings.
The amount of  hard drugs  being found on prisoners returning to Holme House prison after they were in the care of Mallon's squad became so significant the Prison was forced to make a complaint about it.
It is all contained in the speech made by S. Bell in the House Of Commons so I am not  posting anything  other than the public record.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmhansrd/vo020306/debtext/20306-32.htm

notenoughsaid

To mk1....I have read your post and have had my eyes opened.Thanks for that. I remember Mr.Bell and Mr.Mallon on tv,as stated in the post, and it was obvious no love was lost between them.   I am suprised at the seriousness of the allegations Mr.Bell made (covered by Parliamentary privilege) that no legal action was taken and with the fact Mr.Mallon was allowed to resign to seem to avoid liability. I was under the impression that a few minor disciplinary offences may have been committted but the Parliamentary Statement makes you think.
My previous post was just a thought that perhaps I should have kept to myself.   " Toomuchsaid" on this occasion.

The Shadow

Shut up MK1! Are you seriously telling me that S Bell MP left his Parisian apartment to attend the House of Commons for a matter that involved a constituency he has not held a surgery in for 14 years?

Pull the other one ;)

not4me

notinshadow

Pretty well anyone of the Labour mob that need one I would guess.

Rent-a-Patsy so to speak.

Straight Talking

Maybe I'm being too subtle

I am not sure, but think the Mayor will be disbarred from standing, unless he resigns from the police authority prior to close of nominations.

So, next best thing would be a "puppet"