police & crime commissioner

Started by dangerman, May 05, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerman

Interesting to note that Cllr Brash is on the short list along with Middlesbrough Labour councillor Barry Coppinger, even more interesting his statement ;

I will certainly be talking to Labour members throughout Cleveland.

What about the rest that dont support Labour?

In closing am I correct that the Labour party was against Police Commissioner's?

Inspector Knacker

How is it every time I hear the mans' name, the theme tune from the Magic Roundabout plays in my head ....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notinshadow

I hear the Labour party here knew nothing about it until a few days ago and are not voting for Brash.

I was talking to Carl Richardson the other night and he introduced me to a fella and said this "This is Barry the next Police commissioner" so it appears to me that Brush is just getting his name in the paper.

I asked Brush if it was true he was short listed to the last 3 and he said "short listed to the last 2"..

I asked him where my B.L.T. was several times but he declined to comment.

notenoughsaid

Have I missed a trick here. ?  Can anybody tell me please who is compiling  the "short list" and who are the other applicants, after  all it is the electorate who will/should have the final say.
   I accept different political parties will have their own  ideas but they cant decide the matter in advance therefore Carl Richardson I feel seems over confident.  In any event if Mr.Brash is judged on his success in policing Baden St. he should forget it now. 
    On a previous thread started on the 19/4/12 by mk1 under the title: Barely literate man makes desparate attempt to be elected Police Commissioner,I made my comments regarding  the Labour Group or any other political group for that matter gaining control, described as Barry Coppiger as "Vital"  I ask what has he in mind that makes it so vital Labour run the Police. The aforementioned post is easily found and if not previously read , may be worth a look as it is relevant to this topic.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Is Basil Brash getting so far because he will make an easy fall guy at the final post.
I don't believe it.

notinshadow

Good point Stig..

Also if Richardson is confident that Barry is going to win it, that doesn't look to good for Bazil..

Someone else also made a good point the other night, it might have been Stevel?? and that was that no one from Hartlepool will win it because the voting public of Boro won't have it..

steveL

Specifically, I said that about Drummond. Even if he was the best candidate, the numbers are against him.

I would suggest that the real problem over this is that no one will vote at all which will leave the way open for the Labour machine to get their man elected -hence Richardson's confidence.

It will become another perk for Labourites like Wallace and his PCT appointment arranged by Peter Mandelson as a Thank You for his former agent.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Straight Talking

Quote from: notenoughsaid on May 05, 2012, 02: PM
   Have I missed a trick here. ?  Can anybody tell me please who is compiling  the "short list" and who are the other applicants, after  all it is the electorate who will/should have the final say.
   I accept different political parties will have their own  ideas but they cant decide the matter in advance therefore Carl Richardson I feel seems over confident.  In any event if Mr.Brash is judged on his success in policing Baden St. he should forget it now. 
    On a previous thread started on the 19/4/12 by mk1 under the title: Barely literate man makes desparate attempt to be elected Police Commissioner,I made my comments regarding  the Labour Group or any other political group for that matter gaining control, described as Barry Coppiger as "Vital"  I ask what has he in mind that makes it so vital Labour run the Police. The aforementioned post is easily found and if not previously read , may be worth a look as it is relevant to this topic.

The Shortlist being talked about is the process by which each of the political parties will decide their candidate.
Ultimately the electorate will have the opportunity to decide which candidate they prefer at the ballot box. No different to any other election.

dangerman

Been doing a little checking up on Barry Coppinger he's a well known 'and liked M.Boro Labour councillor'  who resigned from Cleveland Police Authority in order to put himself forward as a candidate. This was before the you know what hit the fan, clever move on his part.

He has a wealth of knowledge on Cleveland Policing far more so than Brash. So it looks like a one horse race with our Hartlepool horse still stuck in the starting gate wearing blinkers.

Dream on Cllr Brash there's always the drunks in the Burn Valley that can benefit from your expertise on crime in community. I'm sure they would love to meet you face to face.

notinshadow

Quote from: perseus on May 05, 2012, 06: PM
Can I ask what peoples problem with Brash is please. Genuinely asked out of curiosity.

Do you want it in list form..

notinshadow

Are you in a rush for it, as it may take some time to complete.

notinshadow

Quote from: dangerman on May 05, 2012, 08: PM
Been doing a little checking up on Barry Coppinger he's a well known 'and liked M.Boro Labour councillor'  who resigned from Cleveland Police Authority in order to put himself forward as a candidate. This was before the you know what hit the fan, clever move on his part.

He has a wealth of knowledge on Cleveland Policing far more so than Brash. So it looks like a one horse race with our Hartlepool horse still stuck in the starting gate wearing blinkers.

Dream on Cllr Brash there's always the drunks in the Burn Valley that can benefit from your expertise on crime in community. I'm sure they would love to meet you face to face.

I read up on him a while back when he first chucked hat in the ring for the job.

He is one switched on guy, this fella knows his stuff and is approachable.

Brush couldn't lace his boots.

beanzontoast

Ladies and gentelmen, are you sitting comfortably, the Police force were politcised years ago, didnt tony blair have them running about in state of the art BMWs with stickers on saying  VOTE LABOUR. do you know why the police uniform has gone from blue, to Black, do you know why the badge of the police is black and white check, they dont either DO YOU.

notinshadow

It's because the police force was established by freemasons originally and is still being run by freemasons. They believe in opposites and balance. For example Yin & Yang, up & down etc. The black and white represents the two polar ends in a colourful sense. That's why you will always see a black and white chequered floor in freemasonry halls and temples. It's basically symbolism that they understand but the general public doesn't. It's saying 'We own & control the police and we're telling you, you're just too stupid to figure it out'.

notenoughsaid

Reply with thanks to Straight Talking........that is more or less what I thought was the state of play .The item in the H/pool Mail tonight confirmed what you say and what I thought ,however I did not read it until about 9.p.m.
  If you or anybody else are interested the terms and conditions imposed on prospective candidates I would suggest a quick look at the Gov. website covering the matter.It is feasible that an Italian EU citizen now living in the police area concerned ,providing he fulfills the criteria (i.e. No convictions, Eu Citizenship and as stated resident in the relevant area he may apply??? Just what the mafia need !!!A police Commissioner in their pocket.I dont have a problem with Italians however I feel the example given provides food for thought and shows how the whole idea is flawed.   
   The Gov.site is,as expected long winded, but to get a simplified and easily read version I recently Googled Theresa+May+ Ministers+ Statement + Police +Commissioners and found it enlightening if not awsome.Thanks once again.