Election results

Started by Sunken Ships, May 04, 2012, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Quote from: dangerman on May 04, 2012, 05: PM
Now that the hype is over and the knives are put back in the kitchen drawer I would like to see if the newly formed council still follows the same old party line with the same old independents raising their hands for Labour proposals?

YUP..

I spoke to an ardent Conservative supporter she informed me: We have three Independent Councillors elected at Seaton Carew..Have you really; Well wait and see just how independent they really are.

She was telling fibs!

The Mayor will kiss and make up forgive & forget..then choose Hargreaves. Brash. Hall. Jackson. Payne. Simmons & Lauderdale. cabinet members.

I think Thompson, Wells, Payne, Hall with be part of it.

Also with a big fat pay rise for the rest of those elected £1.000 / £3.000 each with the excuse I will now have to work harder because of the larger wards.

They will be at 13 or 14k if the chair something all in.

Wait and see if I'm right.

I think you are half right now.

Straight Talking

A fair days pay for fair days work.

If you do the work you deserve the pay that goes with it, lets see how the new Party deal with the issue of pay.
I bet they will complain, posture a bit, grab a few headlines but quietly take the money.

Lets see if the Mayor invites Geoff into cabinet.

Now that would be novel, I'm already thinking about the questions to council.

notinshadow

It won't matter how PHF react as they have zero say on matters.

Just making the numbers in the chamber up.

dangerman

Election Over.
Now the council money pie will be divided up to see who will get the biggest and best part, Richardson with the chain around his neck 'again' chairs; vice chair Wells. or deputy mayor. James scrutiny 'again' Morris licensing 'again' Cook 'planning' again police & fire authorities to Richardson. Payne. Wells. Hall. the scraps will be left for the pigeons to clean up.

I also think that next time around 2014 elections P.H.F. will make a real impact as a true alternative to Labour/Con coalition that we have at present. Time will tell.

Round one may be over but the fight will continue.

steveL

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 04, 2012, 06: PM

It won't matter how PHF react as they have zero say on matters.

Just making the numbers in the chamber up.

utter bollocks
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Richardson has already 'announced' that he intends handing over the Chair to S.A.B.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

Steven that's not like you..

Utter bollocks.. no mate your wrong..PHF is worth more than that mate..

Come on don't be like that..one bad night isn't the end of the world mate..chin up and all that.

steveL

Utter bollocks is utter bollocks, whichever way you present it.

If we follow your logic then there's no point in Labour turning up in the House of Commons everyday as they can be out-voted everytime.

PHF will have their say when it comes to the pay rises that Labour were trying to organise even before the election, the whopping council tax rise that Labour will come up with next spring and the hospital closure which will be announced this autumn.

And you should be thankful that they do because no one else in the Council Chamber will be doing the same.

oh, and I didn't have a bad night last night. To win a seat would have been great but I'm clever enough to look at the stats and be happy with what I see coming. I don't think anyone in the Labour camp can do the same.

notinshadow

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2012, 12: AM
Utter bollocks is utter bollocks, whichever way you present it.

Stevie I am winding up matey...chill..

If we follow your logic then there's no point in Labour turning up in the House of Commons everyday as they can be out-voted everytime.

I am not following logic tonight, since my mrs has been forcing me to drink red wine..lol..as a non drinker I feel slaughtered..and I have noticed my spelling is better too..

PHF will have their say when it comes to the pay rises that Labour were trying to organise even before the election, the whopping council tax rise that Labour will come up with next spring and the hospital closure which will be announced this autumn.

Yes and Yes.. but what can PHF do about it mate..very little..

And you should be thankful that they do because no one else in the Council Chamber will be doing the same.

What will PHF do about it..MFI have more chance of having a say on it that PHF.

oh, and I didn't have a bad night last night.
I know I was stood next to you half of it.. what you getting all shirty about...lol.

To win a seat would have been great but I'm clever enough to look at the stats and be happy with what I see coming.

The promise land..I have a dream...
I don't think anyone in the Labour camp can do the same.

They are holding all the cards..even when I feel slaughtered on red wine I can see that..

Heres a song to cheer you up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc&ob=av3e

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 04, 2012, 05: PM
A fair days pay for fair days work.

Did you keep a straight face as you typed that commissar?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

dangerman

I have reliable information that Cllr Lilley is going to be in the Mayors cabinet. It stands in the corner and is made of bullet proof glass

Straight Talking

It will need to be.

notinshadow

Will you be in it S.T.

Straight Talking

I have no interest in being in the Mayors Cabinet.

Hypocrisy is not something which I buy into easily, I have never supported the system that produced an elected Mayor.

Therefore why would I have any interest in trying to prop it up.

The sooner the whole pack of cards collapses the better.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU LLTA

rabbit

In the Pie charts on the front page, why is the Tory sector in reddish brown and the Labour sector in blue?

Or is my screen playing up?