Are they serious?

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 01, 2012, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Our three Labour hopefuls have sent me one of those letters setting out their plans and to say I'm underwhelmed is putting it mildly.
Top of their 'priorities' is ...'The area is well cared for and kept clean and tidy' ... further down the list is ....'Lobby for better transport links' ......... will they be 'lobbying 'themselves' or do they know a bloke with a minibus ? ... and so it goes on, not so much a manifesto, more a script for a episode of 'Keeping up appearances' ...who's playing Mrs Bouquet ....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Vincent

marky

It's a bit awkward really, isn't it? I mean, with Labour holding a majority for so long then whatever they say, there'll always be some awkward bugger ready to ask 'well why haven't you done it already?"
The stock answer that 'it's all the Government's fault' convinces no one so soon after 13 years of a Labour Government.

christine blakey

The things being promised are things that any councillor would do.  It is the "&  MORE"  elements of a campaign that people need to know about.

It is wrong that current councillors are using this to put them one step ahead.  All candidates should be offering these supports.

The sad thing is that some current councillors are threatening to withdraw their support if businesses or residents consider other candidates or community champions.  This is total abuse of a position and something that should withdraw their nomination or disqualify/remove these people from public office, whether they are in or out on 3 May. 

We need to make a stand to expose what is going on. 

not4me

Well we've had Richardson telling us how he supports an A&E in Hartlepool. You know, the Richardson that forget to send those questions to the Trust and even to tell them about the no-confidence vote - you can't really top that can you?

Straight Talking

Quote from: christine blakey on May 02, 2012, 12: PM
The things being promised are things that any councillor would do.  It is the "&  MORE"  elements of a campaign that people need to know about.

It is wrong that current councillors are using this to put them one step ahead.  All candidates should be offering these supports.

The sad thing is that some current councillors are threatening to withdraw their support if businesses or residents consider other candidates or community champions.  This is total abuse of a position and something that should withdraw their nomination or disqualify/remove these people from public office, whether they are in or out on 3 May. 

We need to make a stand to expose what is going on.

Christine, lets stop beating about the bush, if you have the evidence to back up your accusation that "some current councillors are threatening residents" I think you should either back up the accusation or withdraw it. I for one am getting just a bit sick of the free flow of accusations that seem to go unchecked. As my posts are being monitored, I know that Admin will be reading this and expect them to take similar action with you.