Morton and the £358,000

Started by craig finton, June 05, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shepherd

Staggering, get behind on your council tax and the kitchen sink come your way.

If you have friends in places so low they look up at the gutter and a leader who could easily ooze under a snakes belly with top hat on you can get away with anything as long as you help keep them in the lifestyle that have acquired.

fred c

Exiled Poolie

A certain amount of ignorance is being shown here. HBC cannot get this money as the legal entity that owes it has been liquidated and presumably there are insufficient funds left in the company to pay all the creditors owed. Brian Morton does not owe the money himself. Whilst it stinks, he is using the law of the land to get round it. You and I as council tax payers are not limited companies and we personally owe the debt if we don't pay what is due.

mk1

Quote from: Exiled Poolie on June 06, 2017, 02: PM
A certain amount of ignorance is being shown here. HBC cannot get this money as the legal entity that owes it has been liquidated and presumably there are insufficient funds left in the company to pay all the creditors owed. Brian Morton does not owe the money himself. Whilst it stinks, he is using the law of the land to get round it. You and I as council tax payers are not limited companies and we personally owe the debt if we don't pay what is due.
They could have got the money from Morton's businesses if they had taken him to court and got an order. They clearly chose not to go down that path and given Morton's record of bilking anyone and everyone they knew what was coming. So no they could have got  it but they chose not to go after it and in effect allowed their mate to get all his services for free whilst the rest of us paid his share.

fred c

A case of....... Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law.

Shepherd

That is the essence of what has happened, as mk1 points out they could of gone after the money long before he was in a position to walk away but they chose not too, a deliberate decision to turn a blind eye.

I have a limited company, its a legal entity in its own right, just like Mortons, but unlike Mortons I don't serial default, set up and start again under another name. Whats the betting he does the same thing again.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on June 06, 2017, 02: PM

Somehow, I find the idea of HBC using Aleister Crowley as a modus vivendi rather disturbing.  Who will be the Great Beast this time around?   :o

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 06, 2017, 03: PM

Somehow, I find the idea of HBC using Aleister Crowley as a modus vivendi rather disturbing.  Who will be the Great Beast this time around?   :o

No sign of an Arthur E Waite on the horizon either

fred c

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 06, 2017, 03: PM

I don't know who The Great Beast within HBC might be..... but I think I know who eats the most Pies.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on June 06, 2017, 04: PM

I don't know who The Great Beast within HBC might be..... but I think I know who eats the most Pies.

You are wrong. I have seen Carl eat and no one can match him. All the  crumbs collect in his beard and he thus is able to 'graze' through the 2 or 3 hours before his next Family Size Pizza......

Shepherd

Quote from: mk1 on June 06, 2017, 04: PM

You are wrong. I have seen Carl eat and no one can match him. All the  crumbs collect in his beard and he thus is able to 'graze' through the 2 or 3 hours before his next Family Size Pizza......

...and a bucket of coke you could bath a baby in!!!

So his table manners are the same as those I had the misforune of witnessing in the Park Hotel circa 1982, needed therapy to address the horrific memory of his consumption of Pork Scratching not 10 feet from my astonished eyes. You would not blink if you saw a dog or a cat eat the way he did.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on June 06, 2017, 04: PM

Presumption on your part mk1  ::)

Alnwickist

How exactly was he going to get money when he wanted to buy the covenant on the dooms land?. He must have been in debt then.

jawsbbc

AND THESE LOT  ARE MORTON,S

Company Name   Status   Options
Company Name   Status   Options
ALMA SPORTS ASSOCIATES LIMITED   Active    See profile
BOROUGH SPORTING CLUB LIMITED   Active    See profile
EUGINES CAFE LIMITED   Active    See profile
HANCHELLE LIMITED   Active    See profile
HARTLEPOOL UNITED LADIES FOOTBALL LIMITED   Active    See profile
OAK HOUSE COMMERCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED   Active    See profile
TEES LEISURE CATERING LIMITED   Active    See profile
Showing 1 to 7 of 7 entries