New buildings..........

Started by mk1, July 01, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

It seems to me the designer of our new College made a terrible mistake. The black-clad building on the corner is showing the unmistakable signs of seagull 'dive-bombing'.
There are a few large white streaks showing and it has only been up a few weeks. I shudder to think what it will look like a year or two.
Change it to white and save the hassle!

The Great Dictator

Sounds like my black car..

Lucy Lass-Tick

Didn't they recently deploy a bird of prey to encourage them to 'move on' before the breeding season?

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 01, 2012, 07: PM
Didn't they recently deploy a bird of prey to encourage them to 'move on' before the breeding season?

They have a plastic one flying over the buiding but I presume it will be as effective as all the ruses employed by Middleton Grange!
Seagulls  come in lots of sizes and some of the buggers I would hesitate to challenge.

Lucy Lass-Tick

mk1

I think Hartlepool seagulls are 'hard'. I have a very large dog and they have many a time swooped on him. When the young are out the call to each other when they spot a 'threat' and you soon find yourself surrounded by a flock of dive bombers! I also note that the local seagulls have taken to killing and eating pigeons in the War Memorial. I noticed a number of dead pigeons over the months  and was unlucky enough one day  to see a gull holding down a pigeon as it pecked it to death.
I think the College is well aware of their mistake and the counter-measures were taken to protect the black cladding.
Look next time your passing and tell me if you think it is working.