Dumbo and his 'World Class' innovation and leadership.

Started by mk1, June 27, 2012, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey Kong

Quote from: mk1 on June 28, 2012, 03: PM
Anyway you get an idea of the place. The faithful simply can not deal rationaly with  anyone who eschews (time to get out the dictionary lads!)  their rather limited view of the world.

You got me with that one too, I have had to dig out the dictionary to try and understand as I thought there must be more than one meaning of the word?

Anyway, dictionary definition, Oxford English online version, says, "deliberately avoid using, abstain from" and Cambridge English online version says, "to avoid something intentionally, or to give something up". 

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/eschew?q=eschew

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/eschew?q=eschews#eschew__3

So to reword your statement, "The faithful simply cannot deal rationally with anyone who deliberately or intentionally avoids using their limited view of the world. "

Are you therefore saying that you don't necessarily disagree with them, you're just deliberately disagreeing with them to wind them up?

The Great Dictator

yes No.6 and Donkey co*k, politics is a mans game so that excludes you two, if you were seasoned politicians rather than busybodies then you would declare your hand in the local council. As it is you both shout from a distance, rather like the chimp i guess.

no6bus

oh dear mr ballsack there appears to have been a raw nerve touched there.

i would not like to associate with some of the obnoxious people who appear to be councillors so have no inclination to declare my hand.

so basically what your saying is that only our male councillors count and the female ones are only there to tidy up after the men.

sorry i thought i had read some bollox on here but you seem to be able to take spouting crap up to a new level.

i get the impression that the personal hatred of stuart drummond stems from his trouncing on you in a previous mayoral election. so are you leo or closey or one of the other also rans who the electorate thought was unelectable.

or mebbes you are just a wannabe gobshite who has the only opinion worth listening to.

oh and not from a distance i can see bryan hanson house from here.

popgoestheweasal.

I,m a new kid on the block on here but if there are any councillors or wannabe councillors on here can you put your real name up so i know who NOT to vote for in the future.  :(

mk1

I fear we are slipping into typical Bunker paranoi. There anyone who opts out of the majority view is attacked as a HTH stooge and a multiple ID poster to boot.
Feet on the ground chaps, feet on the ground!

no6bus

sure you have posted on the right thread mk1.

multiple users? opting out of majority view, i mistakenly thought that is what this forum is all about.

oh sorry i forgot this is all part of the whole hate the bunker logic it keeps slipping my mind.

mk1

no6bus

well take your tablets, you know it makes sense  ;)

The Great Dictator

When i said mans job i meant a person with balls which i suppose mad dog and others have.
I didn't mean MEN ONLY, sorry for the confusion.
It was aimed at Drummond not having the courage to speak out unless he has the safety blanket of the Mail.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: testicles on June 28, 2012, 05: PM
yes No.6 and Donkey co*k, politics is a mans game so that excludes you two, if you were seasoned politicians rather than busybodies then you would declare your hand in the local council. As it is you both shout from a distance, rather like the chimp i guess.

(Note to self, don't take anything that testicles says remotely seriously as he / she is as thick as mince.)

The Great Dictator

I don't expect either of you have the courage to stand for election then stick with HTH.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: testicles on June 29, 2012, 01: PM
I don't expect either of you have the courage to stand for election then stick with HTH.

Courage?

You've got to be having a laugh haven't you if standing for election is how you measure whether somebody is allowed to have an opinion.

Some people have got better things to do than be on the council.  Obviously in your world this must be a great shock to you, but there is a world outside of the apron strings of whichever local party you're signed up to you know.

P.S.  When you're with your political friends do you have to put your hand up and ask if you want to go to the toilet?

no6bus

Quote from: testicles on June 29, 2012, 01: PM

courage to stand dont make me laugh, it would be too hypocritical to even think about standing as a councillor, ripping the taxpayer off in increasing amounts whilst the services and jobs are cut, having a wasted vote unless it is in favour of what labour want, no thank you but why not stand yourself if its so good.

The Great Dictator

You don't have to take your allowances you could do it for free.
Clearly neither of you have the spine for the job, its easy to throw brickbats from a distance but both of you lack substance.

no6bus

and you are not standing because the hypocracy weighs too much and would hinder your ability to get round your electorate i suppose  ::)
i reiterate my stance it would be pointless standing as the labour party have the town so stitched up i would certainly feel spineless trying to vote against them knowing i was wasting my time.
other than my feelings of councillors ripping us off i would say you are pointing in the wrong direction as usual regarding anti council posters, but hey whatever floats your boat.