More Than Football.

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 27, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

How can posting an actual screenshot be described as 'spin'? They're not my words but the words of some of the people supporting the ground giveaway.

Horden: Be honest! If it wasn't for HUFC getting the ground back would anyone give a flying f*ck about redevelopment of the Mill House area? I think not.
Shamrock: but that is the way we have to play it.
Admin: Exactly. This is the best chance we have of fitting our needs., if the Mill House area is redeveloped as a by product then who cares?
If it wasn't for Pools being there and bringing £5m into the town a year then there wouldn't be scope anyway. It all hinges on the ground.

The board is named actually, as the into-the-blue board and it's Admin seems to think that everything 'hinges on the ground'. How is that so, given that IOR are contributing nothing. It's the Council who are being left to find the money.

We've had posts on here (HTH) about the 'coffin dodgers' at the bowls club and it was on the bunker that, when a poster spotted that the skateboarders had been ignored, another poster suggested that they use the pavements around the development instead – actually the words used were 'f*c* 'em'. Oh, and let's not forget the 'need to ease off on the football ground and concentrate on the regeneration.' Classic.

So the skateboarders are ignored, the bowling club members are 'coffin dodgers' and the councillors are ........ actually, you can choose from a variety of names used. This is all down to two or three posters? The Bunker has even had to go private because the admin didn't think it was a good idea to let the posts continue in public.

So I'm blinkered? I don't think so. My eyes are wide open just like my jaw is fully dropped at inept campaigners who think the best way to win their case is to insult everyone that they need to to support it. I reckon Steve is right. In the hands of such idiots this really is a dead parrot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Donkey Kong

Quote from: not4me on June 29, 2012, 12: PM
This is all down to two or three posters?

Well that's the only actual evidence that you've presented thus far, so yes it appears to be the case until or unless you can further prove otherwise.

P.S.  Is this a new "HTH" tactic, that in addition to just repeating things over and over in the hope that people believe them to be true you have now moved on to typing in big letters to try and make what you say look really important? 

not4me

What an a*r**o**. So I wrote the post in Word and pasted it onto the board and it appeared in a larger font. Is that the best you can do?

Donkey Kong

Quote from: not4me on June 29, 2012, 12: PM
What an a*r**o**. So I wrote the post in Word and pasted it onto the board and it appeared in a larger font. Is that the best you can do?

The "best I can do"? 

It appears that you've ignored the main point raised in my post above and instead resorted to insults. 

I can only assume that this is because you found the relevant point too difficult to deal with.  Why not go away and ask somebody what you should type next, or wait until one of your friends comes on here to answer the point for you if you can't manage to do it on your own.

not4me

I'm beginning to think the best outcome would be for the football club to move somewhere else provided it takes all the two-dimensional neanderthals like you with it. At least that would improve the quality of the gene pool in Hartlepool and produce long-term benefits for the town.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: not4me on June 29, 2012, 01: PM
I'm beginning to think the best outcome would be for the football club to move somewhere else provided it takes all the two-dimensional neanderthals like you with it. At least that would improve the quality of the gene pool in Hartlepool and produce long-term benefits for the town.

Wow, that was quite a conclusion that you've jumped to.  Congratulations.

Just to keep you in the loop as you obviously haven't read everything I've posted on this board (and to be honest, why should you have?) I'm not a Hartlepool supporter and I'm not totally convinced that the plan should go ahead.  Yes, I would like to see it happen if it's realistic as I think that it would be silly to knock back a viable plan just through political spite, but equally I would be a little disappointed if HBC didn't thoroughly investigate all of the pros and cons of the plans before making a decision.

With regards your further insults though I'm afraid I can only mark you as 2 out of 10 for that, it's not big and it's not clever.

for fawkes sake

Mill House will be redeveloped at some point when the borough council is in a position to find the money but, as has already been pointed out on here, that redevelopment will have nothing to do with the question of whether or not to give the ground away to IOR which is a quite separate issue.
So far, IOR have failed to make a case for being handed the ground for free and I suspect they know this. The attempt to create an artificial link to any development at Mill House is very cynical and I doubt it will fool many councillors.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Donkey Kong

Quote from: for fawkes sake on June 29, 2012, 01: PM
So far, IOR have failed to make a case for being handed the ground for free...

From this I assume that you were at the private briefing to councillors a week or two ago?

Can you provide any further details as to what the presentation involved and what is in the plans that hasn't yet been published on either the HBC website or in the Mail?

mk1

Quote from: Donkey Kong on June 29, 2012, 10: AM
Quote from: steveL on June 29, 2012, 09: AM
Saying that "the truth is out" and "people have already shown themselves..." based on the opinions of two or three people apparently posting opinions on some un-named messageboard is clutching at straws to try and indicate the opinions of anybody in favour of the plan.

Exactly the same point was made on The Bunker. The more level headed members told the others to push the regeneration bits  and tone down the 'football' part of the campaign.

for fawkes sake

It's not only Councillors who go to such meetings. I would say that, in general, the council is aware that Mill House will need to be developed at some stage if only because they were already aware that the swimming pool and bowls club are going to have to be replaced in the near future. In that sense, councillors wish to support any scheme which will help them redevelop the site. I would also say that they thought Mr Green put on a poor show, was unconvincing and unprepared, particularly with regard to how the plans presented would be funded. He failed to provide adequate answers to a number of questions asked.
The council is in great financial difficulty at the moment and is looking for partners who would help finance any redevelopment. IOR are clearly not interested in doing this. As a result, the council has asked for more details on how the scheme will be financed but are expecting this to show that any scheme will depend almost entirely on any grant funding available with the rest being provided by the council itself. HBC have proven themselves quite good at obtaining grant funding but in the present circumstances, this is unlikely to be enough for the scheme to be a viable option and this is likely to remain the position for some time.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

Don't waste your time NOT4ME, i can tolerate No6s constant whining but not from Drummonds neanderthal thug friend DONKEY C*CK, let him p*ss off back to the mill house bunker. Incidentally, i support the handing over of the land to IOR free of charge.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: testicles on June 29, 2012, 01: PM
Don't waste your time NOT4ME, i can tolerate No6s constant whining but not from Drummonds neanderthal thug friend DONKEY C*CK, let him p*ss off back to the mill house bunker. Incidentally, i support the handing over of the land to IOR free of charge.

You're an excitable little man aren't you.  ;D

I assume that using language like that you're not a lady.  :)

popgoestheweasal.

If the residents of the millhouse area get a nice area to live in. the people of Hartlepool get a new leisure centre the bowlers of Hartlepool get a new centre and the football fans get the ground in the name of HUFC not IOR with a sell back cause what is the problem.
the more i read about this project on here it becomes clear that it has nothing to do with the project its all about getting at IOR and the mayor.
Shotly we will have no hospital. leisure centre. bowls club and maybe the football club so we can all be proud of that.
i,m still not sure the partners are in sink on it but give me the project and if that means HUFC getting the ground until they move on so be it.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: for fawkes sake on June 29, 2012, 01: PM
It's not only Councillors who go to such meetings. I would say that, in general, the council is aware that Mill House will need to be developed at some stage if only because they were already aware that the swimming pool and bowls club are going to have to be replaced in the near future. In that sense, councillors wish to support any scheme which will help them redevelop the site. I would also say that they thought Mr Green put on a poor show, was unconvincing and unprepared, particularly with regard to how the plans presented would be funded. He failed to provide adequate answers to a number of questions asked.
The council is in great financial difficulty at the moment and is looking for partners who would help finance any redevelopment. IOR are clearly not interested in doing this. As a result, the council has asked for more details on how the scheme will be financed but are expecting this to show that any scheme will depend almost entirely on any grant funding available with the rest being provided by the council itself. HBC have proven themselves quite good at obtaining grant funding but in the present circumstances, this is unlikely to be enough for the scheme to be a viable option and this is likely to remain the position for some time.

Interesting. 

My main thoughts on the scheme have always revolved around the funding issue and whether or not it is actually a viable scheme rather than an aspirational one.

Hopefully the "more details" that have been requested will throw some light on this when they're revealed.

marky

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 29, 2012, 02: PM
If the residents of the millhouse area get a nice area to live in. the people of Hartlepool get a new leisure centre the bowlers of Hartlepool get a new centre and the football fans get the ground in the name of HUFC not IOR with a sell back cause what is the problem.
the more i read about this project on here it becomes clear that it has nothing to do with the project its all about getting at IOR and the mayor.
Shotly we will have no hospital. leisure centre. bowls club and maybe the football club so we can all be proud of that.
i,m still not sure the partners are in sink on it but give me the project and if that means HUFC getting the ground until they move on so be it.
If the people of Hartlepool get a new swimming pool and bowls centre then it will be because they paid for it. What has that got to do with giving the ground to the football club?