More Than Football.

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 27, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popgoestheweasal.

Free telecommunication Training for the unemployed advertised in the mail today the training takes place at Hartlepool United Football club.

mk1

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 27, 2012, 03: PM
Free telecommunication Training for the unemployed advertised in the mail today the training takes place at Hartlepool United Football club.

Why don't they start a 'free' CV writing service then they can generate as many jobs as the other useless agencies that litter the town.

popgoestheweasal.

Any free help is a good thing surely.

mk1

The town is awash with  people offering to write your CV or 'help' you get employment.

The Great Dictator

The problem is that no-one will employ them.
A bloke i know gets £2500 every time he helps set up a business and website.
Why not give it to a company to pay for an apprentice..

popgoestheweasal.

That's a good thing surely.

not4me

popgoestheweasal.

If to achieve there aim the football ground gets the millhouse project done is it not worth paying.
my mother lives in belk street and see the positives in the project.
and lets not forget in years to come there could be more campaigns for the bowls club and leisure centre as money gets less and less and there working life comes to an end.

steveL

I think you've got that the wrong way round. It's not about the redevelopment benefiting because of the ground giveaway, it's all about piggy-backing the ground giveaway on the redevelopment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

yes steve because you know all the facts  ::)

even the councillors want more information but what the heck they should have come to you the font of all knowledge  :D

steveL

I think you'll find that the Councillors already know what they need to know but it's in the way of things that they have to be seen to go through the motions before they too state the bleeding obvious.

It's all down to one thing really. How does giving the ground away help or speed up the redevelopment of Mill House? The answer is it doesn't - in fact there's no linkage between the two at all.

Either way, HBC is expected to pay for just about everything and whatever grants are available will be available to HBC whether or not the council gives the ground away. This weakness of the IOR case has been acknowledged even on the bunker which is why they are trying desperately to create the illusion that it's all part of the same Masterplan.  There is no Masterplan.

There has only ever been one plan as far as IOR is concerned and that was to do whatever and say whatever was necessary to get the ground for nowt.

There's no reason why Gus Robinson can't put forward artist impressions to HBC and even involve the College of F.E., Camerons and perhaps even a Housing Association. The timeframe for any development will be down to how, when and if HBC can raise the money; all of which has got sod all to do with the football club.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

and the land the skatepark is on and the road access to the corner flag at the rear of the mill house stand are part of the area where the leisure centre and bowls club are due to be sited on are currently part of the land pools pay to lease and so i'm afraid as usual the facts are simply being ignored to try and make your point appear to be one from an informed point of view  ::) 

fred c

The Mill House presenations have apparently had an average attendance of around 60 people, considering some of those will be local residents it would appear that the majority of Pools fans aren`t overly interested in what is laughingly described as "The Master Plan".

If I.O.R really want to develope the Mill House area let them put up the finance & proceed with the idea as a commercial enterprise, Pools would then have a chance to recoup the total outlay by renting the facilities back to the interested parties.

The realistic odds of this development going ahead are very long, as mentioned it all depends on HBC having the finance available to go ahead with it & in these uncertain times it wont be anytime soon.

I certainly don`t think it helps matters when certain individuals appear to be comfortable in making threats against democratically elected councillors & members of the public because they have taken a pragmatic view on this proposal.

steveL

As I've said before, this discussion is a bit pointless as I'm trying to talk to the proverbial brick wall. It's a bit rich, for example, to talk about the location of the skateboard park when 'the Masterplan' forgot to include the skateboarders altogether and with some of your bunker mates suggesting it enough for the skateboarders to use the steps and slopes of the development pathways instead.

I notice that you haven't answered the question about how giving the ground away would help or speed up any development given that the football club are contributing bugger all and expecting HBC to pay for everything. You are dealing with a council that has rightly grown wary of false promises from developers.

I suggest that the best way forward for your dream is to drop any further pretence of being genuinely concerned about regenerating the Mill House area. When people have already shown themselves not to give a toss about the Skateboarders or the Bowls Players and admitted that their 'concern' is nothing but a front for their own narrow ambitions then the penny will have dropped with even the dimmest councillor.

The game is up and IOR should do what everyone else has to do in the same circumstances and that's to simply buy the freehold at the market rate.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: steveL on June 29, 2012, 09: AM
When people have already shown themselves not to give a toss about the Skateboarders or the Bowls Players and admitted that their 'concern' is nothing but a front for their own narrow ambitions then the penny will have dropped with even the dimmest councillor.

The game is up and IOR should do what everyone else has to do in the same circumstances and that's to simply buy the freehold at the market rate.

I'm on the fence with regards this Millhouse thing, but the quote above and the person who posted the screenshot are guilty of "spin" of the highest degree. 

Saying that "the truth is out" and "people have already shown themselves..." based on the opinions of two or three people apparently posting opinions on some un-named messageboard is clutching at straws to try and indicate the opinions of anybody in favour of the plan.

Obviously I expect the more blinkered amongst you to have a pop back at this post, but go for it and remember, saying something untrue over and over again doesn't suddenly make it true however much you lot seem to believe that it does.