Elected Officials and Changes of Employment

Started by Balotelli, April 24, 2015, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

QuoteThere's a need to box clever.  Taking them in a head on confrontation will not work, I believe that there are ways around that.

You're completely wrong James. The situation regarding HBCs councillors has gone way beyond the 'let's sit down across the table and thrash out our differences' stage. It's also gone way beyond the implementation of some strategy or other you've read in a management book or been taught at a conference regarding negotiation.

The fact of the matter is the council (in terms of a group of key councillors) has become an utter basket case. Decisions are made with scant regard for the actual wishes of the people the councillors were elected to serve. Key financial decisions revolve around self interest and nepotism. Its there for all to see. It's now a matted web deceit, lies and moral corruption.

If you think for a second it's going to be solved by chewing the fat with the likes of the key people involved you're wrong.

If you think it's going to be solved by some psychological approach were a cordial, negotiation leads to a situation where the other person 'thinks they've won' and submits to what you wanted them to do in the first place you're wrong.

The core problems within HBCs councillors will only be put right by one thing, their removal for office.

If it takes a 'head on approach' to facilitate that then so be it.

Balotelli

Who said anything about getting round a table or negotiating.

Your apparent knowledge and ability in stakeholder management is laughable.

'you've read in a management book or been taught at a conference regarding negotiation'

Never read any management books or been to any negotiation courses.  All of my knowledge comes from first hand experience and I've exhibited results in the workplace to such an extent that I've also written, designed and delivered a number of training courses over an extended period of time.

In fact, almost all arrears telephone conversations that happen in the company where I work are conducted to a broad scope template that I designed.  Our collection figures and arrangement kept rates are industry leading by a large margin as a result.

That's by the by as I agree, there a number of the group you are battering your head against a brick wall with are beyond seeing reason, or they certainly are where you, in particular are concerned.

steveL

"All of my knowledge comes from first hand experience and I've exhibited results in the workplace to such an extent that I've also written, designed and delivered a number of training courses over an extended period of time.

In fact, almost all arrears telephone conversations that happen in the company where I work are conducted to a broad scope template that I designed."

Wow...what a hero....and all this without it over-inflating your ego one bit.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Blowing your own trumpet is a deformity not a success, somebody else blowing it for you is a success.

DRiddle

QuoteNever read any management books or been to any negotiation courses.  All of my knowledge comes from first hand experience and I've exhibited results in the workplace to such an extent that I've also written, designed and delivered a number of training courses over an extended period of time.

In fact, almost all arrears telephone conversations that happen in the company where I work are conducted to a broad scope template that I designed.  Our collection figures and arrangement kept rates are industry leading by a large margin as a result.

If you say so James, if you say so. You remind me of someone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW20AQJ6Iig

Balotelli

To be accused of ego by followers of Riddle is hilarious.

My creditbility was questioned, I answered, simples.  As for blowing my own trumpet, it's been blown by others numerous times (ooh err missus), including reaching finals of the Credit Today Awards one year.

David, your problem is that when you decide someone is an enemy you meet them in a head on, confrontational style.  Very little guile is applied.

But anyway, three day weekend and this time next week things will hopefully be changed for the better.

steveL

I'm sure you mother is very proud of you, James. Maybe you'll get a new bike off Santa this year.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

If quoting the Credit Today Awards isn't digging a deeper hole then I don't know what is.

I bet the prize was any piece of neck wear you want from the tie rack catalogue.

Sometimes reality is more of a p**s take than fiction.

DRiddle

I came third in a primary school Easter egg decorating competition once...

fred c

I won a fancy dress competition in 1954.... Dressed as Andy Pandy..... my prize..... a box of Plastic Spacemen....

Beat that suckers  :P :P :P :P

mk1

Quote from: Balotelli on May 01, 2015, 11: AM
David, your problem is that when you decide someone is an enemy you meet them in a head on, confrontational style.  Very little guile is applied.

You forgot to add  the irony icon............

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: fred c on May 01, 2015, 01: PM
I won a fancy dress competition in 1954.... Dressed as Andy Pandy..... my prize..... a box of Plastic Spacemen....

Beat that suckers  :P :P :P :P

I was chucked out of the Brownies for being cheeky to Brown Owl once too often - oh, maybe that wasn't actually an achievement after all?  :o

Balotelli

I was IP banned by Hartlepool Post once......

:P