Seaton Development

Started by testing times, June 19, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Build houses literally on the doorstep of the sewerage treatment works !!!

A tourist information centre !!!
Who is going to pay for that to be staffed.

Somebody been taking herbal remedies ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

Ohhhhh Yes, who in their right mind would buy a house next to the Sewage Pumping Station, the smell is often present & i cannot imagine anyone would buy a house anywhere near it, another possible problem would be the extremely high tides that can occur in the spring & autumn.

I was brought up in Seaton & well remember the sea front being closed because of high tides, it would appear that some factors haven`t been taken in to account with regards to this development, i wonder if "Esh" the prefered developer have taken a serious look at the issues involved.

Speaking of Seaton........... i happened to walk along the prom the other day, & i was appalled at the state of the £70,000 revamp of the grassed area in front of the Cliff, the grass hasn`t taken & there are weeds a foot high all over the place.

I honestly think the suppossed upgrade is totally out of keeping with the sea fronts traditional look, all that was required was for the paths to be resurfaced & appropriate plants in the original beds, just who thought of Palm Trees must have been off their trolley.

The last point is the length of time taken to accomplish the work already undertaken, it has been ongoing for months & months & obviously wont be complete before the end of the summer, no wonder its costing £70,000 big boys........ just who looks after theses contracts.

Councillor Hill thought it a good idea, mmmmmmmm how wrong can she be, as for Councillor Thompson, i wonder if he has anytime to take a walk around Seaton, Councillor, Cabinet Member, Families First gaffer, plus whatever else he is involved in, he is a busy busy bee flitting hither & thither , buzzzzzzzzzzz

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If you get to see any old pictures of Seaton Carew before the Longscar Hall was built you can see the value of nothing i.e a nice big open space can be a great attraction.
I don't believe it.

fred c

I agree totally, the same can be said of Stalag Luft III along where the baths used to be.

Having said that of course, the skating rink & paddling pool was there, but relatively unobtrusive, back then of course.......... The Paddling Pool had water in it.

The fact this "Seaton Master Plan" can`t include having 15" of water in a paddling pool makes me think its another load of B****X.

I thought LSD was a drug of the past, but someone within HBC must be a user, to keep coming up with such rarified proposals.

Most people in Hartlepool & Seaton would be happy if they just Got Shot of the Longscar.... but like all of the "Grot Spots" in the town, they are still there, despite The mayors priority of ridding the town of them.... 10 years of his rule &&&&&&& they are still there.

not4me

I does seem a bit of a daft place to build houses but then I suppose the risk is with the developer. Maybe you get free carpets and a gas mask ;)

craig finton

Anyone been to Redcar lately? Count your blessings I'd say. Mind, I agree with Fred C in that the fence around that place where the baths used to be is bloody awful. How did they get away with that?

mk1

Quote from: craig finton on June 20, 2012, 12: PM
the fence around that place where the baths used to be is bloody awful. How did they get away with that?

I presume they did it the normal way. Bung a Councillor via a 'donation'  or if they forgot get a Councillor in Planning to sit on any complaints until the work is finished.
This sort of  corruption is rife in Hartlepool and quite cheap too. The going rate for ignoring a  gradual  Hospital closure is a paltry 5000 quid!

Inspector Knacker

In the past few years, Seaton has bee architecturally mugged. The old baths site looks like a public toilet complex circa 1960 with a hint of branch library from the same period, depressing. The promenade 'improvements' look like the sort of thing you see on a retail park roundabout, a banal interpretation of nothing in particular, paths that lead nowhere, pointless earthworks and a poor representation of groynes which have more in common with a wild west ranch then the foreshore ...  a dreadful confection.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

That's a bit inconstent, Riddler. Please refer back to your recent post on Mill House  ;D

Inspector Knacker

No inconsistency there. It's crap. My comments on the Mill House topic were the vision of some on this board whose idea of heaven is to receive a rates bill for zero and complain ... me? I live in the real world, so I'll pay my rates and taxes and have my say how it should be spent.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

If it's OK for you to describe the Seaton Plan is carp then you have to accept that other people are entitled to think the same about the Mill House plan.

fred c

The differences between the two proposed developments are clear for all to see, The Millhouse area, Odeon, Swimmimg Pool, Bowls Club & Football Ground are in a central area of the town, as such many millions will need to be spent on the development, the problem is, where does the money come from & who pays for it... i don`t think anyone is against the plan per se... just how it becomes reality.

Seaton on the other hand is in dire need of the Longscar S******e being demolished, that alone would improve Seaton immeasurably, & at a reasonable cost, the rest of the Master Plan has major pitfalls that have already been mentioned on this thread.

In both development cases HBC have been held to ransom by the brothers grimm, why C.P.O`s haven`t been taken out on the properties that have blighted Hartlepool for years is a major mystery, the sooner HBC takes action against the owners of such S*******s the better.

No need to mention the fact that drummond prioritised the removal of the "Grot Spots" when he first came into office, however i think he will have a lot more on his mind in the coming months, he is in for a rough ride from the manor mob

steveL

CPOs don't come cheap - especially for a council that's broke.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Didn't the council underspend last year, I assume it is therefore not broke ?
(Maybe I am being simple.)
I don't believe it.