UKIP's Chances

Started by beanzontoast, October 17, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 18, 2014, 11: AM
In the past the herd instinct was always 'vote Labour'.  However, the damage done by the current Labour group leadership is significant.  Like others I to will probably 'hold my nose' and vote UKIP, just to shift Shighty. 

If Shighty was a proper MP and fought for this town I'd also 'hold my nose' and vote Labour, but after 10 years he has failed this town at every turn when it really mattered.

Add to that the Miliband factor and I think Shighty is well and truely screwed.

I Say.............. you can`t say that about our Elected "Member" (flaccid)..... ... He could well run across Church Square to confront you... unless held back by a Fat Boy dressed as a "Japanese Admiral".

beanzontoast

I was given a UKIP manifesto the other day granted it is only a skeleton version, the reason for this was I am told is that Labour and the Torys, will take their ideas and policies,  2 policies to mention, UKIP will get rid of the bedroom tax, and will keep the NHS free at the point of use, there is plenty more policies no wonder the other partys are worried, as you can be sure UKIP will I believe not renaig on it's manifesto policies unlike the others have done.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 19, 2014, 04: PM
I was given a UKIP manifesto the other day granted it is only a skeleton version, the reason for this was I am told is that Labour and the Torys, will take their ideas and policies, 

UKIP policy is simple. Blame Europe and immigrants for all our ills,

This is really funny-in a scary sort of way.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/10/passionate-ukip-supporter-cant-name-a-single-thing-the-party-stand-for-in-painful-radio-interview-4900910/

SRMoore

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 19, 2014, 04: PM
I was given a UKIP manifesto the other day granted it is only a skeleton version, the reason for this was I am told is that Labour and the Torys, will take their ideas and policies,  2 policies to mention, UKIP will get rid of the bedroom tax, and will keep the NHS free at the point of use
So to stop other parties 'stealing' UKIP policy they have copied one policy from Labour and the Lib Dems and another from the manifesto of all the major parties.

The Prole

You can get 16/1 on UKIP winning Hartlepool. Which personally, I think is a knocking bet if PHF Don't put up a candidate  ;D

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on October 20, 2014, 07: AM
Take the blinkers off Shane and be true to those principles I know YOU have but which were long ago abandoned by the Conservative Party.

If I were you I would be nicer to Shane. If the Tories stand a candidate (and it is pretty certain they will) then that  will be a killer for UKIP.
Far better you be nice to him in the hope he only goes through the motions instead of giving his all.

one direction

Interesting how the dynamic has shifted. Not so long ago it was UKIP being accused of splitting the Tory vote lol but mk1's comment seems to say its now the Tories who are  queering the pitch by splitting the UKIP vote! I still think Labour will hold Hartlepool, the town is a backwater with a largely red neck, unsophisticated,  under educated and definitely none (or very low) aspirational population that rarely seems to take notice of the rest of the world. You have to vote Labour because the Tories cut your benefits!

mk1

Quote from: one direction on October 20, 2014, 11: AM
, the town is a backwater with a largely red neck, unsophisticated,  under educated and definitely none (or very low) aspirational population that rarely seems to take notice of the rest of the world.

Those are the people who never vote. That is one of the reasons they are (in your words not mine) 'under educated'.
The people with sharp elbows make sure they vote in those who will look after their interest and bu*gger the  poor.

one direction

Under educated but not uneducated.  Teach them just enough so that they can be controlled and herded into the polling booth as required to put their cross against the Labour Rose. Education has always been the enemy of the ruling elites. Tories and Labour both hate education for the masses, thats why sucessive governments of both  colours hsve wrecked our education system for the last 50 years. Tories hate education because it gives the middle class a chance to climb higher and compete with the upper class children and challenge their rights to be born to rule! (which is the real reason grammar schools had to go).  Labour leadership (who are all privately educatec oxbridge these days!) also hate educationas it makes the ignorant working class less easy to control through class warfare and the politics of envy!

SRMoore

Kipperdip, I like you and get on with you on a personal level so I'll happily take that personal dig on the chin on this occasion. I would however appreciate it if in future you can learn to distinguish between criticism of party and person.

Beanz has been making some rather ridiculous statements as of late, including sending me a text to say he is upset that I didn't apologise to him last Monday after the council meeting for a comment I made on here on Wednesday evening about being "disappointed" with the actions of the three 'Tory' councillors.
The fact that I challenge these ridiculous statements should not be taken personally.

I would also add that if members of UKIP wish to continue trying to tar me with the same brush by using the logic of guilty by association then by the same logic one can only assume that you they too believe that children with Downs Syndrome should be terminated before birth http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-chairman-advocated-termination-of-downs-syndrome-foetuses-and-breaking-from-the-eu-by-force-claims-tory-mp-9110147.html

I, however, am not that stupid and despite the fact that continually stating that flawed logic may help score some political points it simply isn't true is it.