Splitting the Vote in Manor

Started by perseus, July 20, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Why are the tories even making the effort.......? From a local perspective they now look like the doddery old retainer walking a respectful distance behind the chav lottery winners who bought the country house.... an unlikely pairing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

QuoteIf I were a UKIP man I'd be quite insulted by some of the suggestions that UKIP should stand aside in this by-election in favour of PHF.

PHF received a grand total of 16 more votes than UKIP in Manor House last year. UKIP have a larger profile, a better campaign machine, more activists to campaign and more money to put into a campaign.

I suggest that PHF stand aside and allow UKIP a fair crack at the whip since they are obviously more likely to take the votes of disgruntled Labour voters.

Come on Geoff, do the right thing.]

Shane, sometimes when you go looking for a bite, it quickly becomes clear you probably shouldn't have done so.

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oc4En69dIo

Does the idea of PHF standing aside on Rural West not appeal to you? .......... I wonder why.  ::)

fred c

Stop it Shane, your starting to sound like a Hartlepool Tory Councillor, rather than a Prospective Conservative Candidate in the 2015 General Election.

"Mr Mister"..... Its obviously difficult being in opposition to "The Mob", but PHF have Questioned their policies in Full Council Meetings, by force of numbers they obviously can`t win any votes at the present time, but people are now fed up with "The Mob" & things could change.

Now lets take a look at what The Tories have achieved as an opposition group, they are in effect in a coalition with "The Mob" & apart from the monthly A*** Kissing exercise with CAB, i can`t think of a single thing they have come up with.

What you possibly fail to recognise is that PHF members & candidates fund their efforts on a personal basis, but a recent leafleting exercise was a success with lots of positive comments from members of the public.

It was refreshing to hear that a lot of people are fully aware of what has been going on, not only with Manor Residents but also the town as a whole.

We should all be more positive about this upcoming election & Marky could well be right in his comments below, so lets all think about getting "The Mob" out of Manor.

Quote from: marky on July 21, 2013, 01: AM
I reckon if Labour lose in Manor, Christopher Akers-Belcher will be out on his ar** as Labour leader within weeks.

Nice to hear your contribution Mr Moore as long as you Tories don't get carried away and forget that your role in all of this is the equivalent to that of a ball-boy at Wimbledon.

Mr Mister

Quote from: fred c on July 21, 2013, 08: AM
Stop it Shane, your starting to sound like a Hartlepool Tory Councillor, rather than a Prospective Conservative Candidate in the 2015 General Election.

"Mr Mister"..... Its obviously difficult being in opposition to "The Mob", but PHF have Questioned their policies in Full Council Meetings, by force of numbers they obviously can`t win any votes at the present time, but people are now fed up with "The Mob" & things could change.

P.H.F. are not in opposition to Labour, they just make the numbers up in the chamber, opposition!!... when did you start thinking that Fred?

Now lets take a look at what The Tories have achieved as an opposition group, they are in effect in a coalition with "The Mob" & apart from the monthly A*** Kissing exercise with CAB, i can`t think of a single thing they have come up with.

I don't doubt that, but the bit I don't get is, why you lot try to gang up on Shane, if you want to get a reply to questions you have from Ray Wells, why not ring him, I do from time to time, when I want to ask about something, I mean he must look at his phone and think F.F.S. but he still replies and answers question you want to ask, I might not like the answer but at least I get one, Allison Lilley I recall took 2 years to reply to a simple question.

What you possibly fail to recognise is that PHF members & candidates fund their efforts on a personal basis, but a recent leafleting exercise was a success with lots of positive comments from members of the public.

No I am aware of that Fred, Also, you might have had plenty of nice comments but, it means f*c* all, as some of them people won't even vote. It's all about "How many votes will P.H.F. get" the answer is a simple one, NOT ENOUGH! Your man Stevens is going to think he's been gangbanged by Christopher & Co .. and there is not a thing you can do about it, accept watch it play out!.

It was refreshing to hear that a lot of people are fully aware of what has been going on, not only with Manor Residents but also the town as a whole.

We should all be more positive about this upcoming election & Marky could well be right in his comments below, so lets all think about getting "The Mob" out of Manor.

I wish you, Marky, Riddle/Persues/Uncle Fester whatever you want to call him, would wake up from the land of make believe..

Quote from: marky on July 21, 2013, 01: AM
I reckon if Labour lose in Manor, Christopher Akers-Belcher will be out on his ar** as Labour leader within weeks.

Nice to hear your contribution Mr Moore as long as you Tories don't get carried away and forget that your role in all of this is the equivalent to that of a ball-boy at Wimbledon.

About time Marky didn't get carried away and forget that P.H.F. role in all of this is the equivalent to that of a ball-boy at Wimbledon.

Does he think 523 votes is anything other than making the numbers up. You lot want change on the Manor, the only thing that's getting changed on the Manor is the Labour councillor and P.H.F. again only have themselves to blame..

Ryehill

Should U.K.I.P. withdraw from the Manor election?  The answer is an emphatic NO.  There are a number of reasons why U.K.I.P. should fight this seat . For a start nominations have been accepted and it would be a major embarrassment for any candidate to withdraw at this stage. What credibility would their party have in future elections?
          There is no reason why Tom Hind should withdraw in favour of P.H.F. What could P.H.F. give in return? A free run at Rural West? U.K.I.P. have done well in that area but have never really threatened the Tory stranglehold .
          U.K.I.P. have to fight this election to confirm Nigel Farage's claim that U.K.I.P. is gathering support in strong Labour areas . A  good result here would complement the results in the May elections. Let's be realistic  the Labour Party will win this election what U.K.I.P. must be aiming for is a good second.

Mr Mister

Wow that's a first!

I agree with you totally Ryehill :)

steveL

I agree with Ryehill. There is no reason why UKIP should not have a go in Manor. It's their right to do so and for what ever reasons they see fit. Generally speaking, I'm not in favour of these little arrangements between parties and besides, as Ryehill states, the nominations are in so it would now mean a withdrawal.

As I see it, this is pretty much a straight battle between Labour and PHF and that there is only one real converstation point in Manor at the moment and that is Angie Wilcox and Manor Residents. I guess, therefore its the comparison between the Labour and PHF positions on the subject which will determine matters.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mr Mister

Quote from: steveL on July 21, 2013, 11: AM

As I see it, this is pretty much a straight battle between Labour and PHF and that there is only one real converstation point in Manor at the moment and that is Angie Wilcox and Manor Residents. I guess, therefore its the comparison between the Labour and PHF positions on the subject which will determine matters.

NO Steve..............just NO!

Mr Mister

I'm simply putting up a good argument why you lot at P.H.F. are living in La La land!

I mean, I don't want to burst your bubble, as after all that's exactly what it is, but hey, someone got to try and get you lot to see sense.

If P.H.F. want to win people over, to vote and top the Labour crowd and take over the Cremlin, they are going a funny way about it.

They have had months to start campaigning but, same old, same old P.H.F. they do nothing!

You as a P.H.F. member of course, should know this.. you should have been out door knocking the Manor when the hsit started to hit the fan for Angie baby, not when it's all a done deal and although I accept with the court cases etc, this isn't quite over for her but, it is pretty well over for the Labour party.

Not everyone on the Manor gives a s**t about Angie underhandedness! That's fact, come voting day, your crowd better bend over and assume the position.

Mr Mister

Perseus

Seeing as you double posted, I guess that means I can double reply!!

You know, I read the comments on here and on The Mail site by some clued up people, people where I think you really know what you're talking about, people I think I would vote for.

Then it come to polling time and you all go GaGa, pumping yourselves up like you're going to win something, you lot are not going to win.

It's not the confidence, it's not the heart, it's not the sense of right that lets you down, every time but, the half cocked way you go about it, in order for the people of Hartlepool to believe in you, they have to trust you, if you knock on their doors the week for the elections, they don't trust you, they just think not voting for him, never comes round here unless he wants a vote, f*c* him.. that's how a lot of people think, you might have all the good intentions in the world but, they don't buy into that, if you were door knocking them over a period of time as a party asking their views, hearing their opinions you have far greater chance of them voting, so it's the half arsed way P.H.F. going about things I find amusing now but, frustrating at first, they are laughable in their tactics, mouthing off in the chamber is not the answer, that is for sure, a few pictures in the paper might help a little but, not much more, it comes down to getting people to trust P.H.F. and knowing what I know, I don't trust them at all. I think it will fall apart quickly and I hear about cracks already, party in distress send out an S.O.S. .. Labour councillors must be knocking one out over it!

mk1

Quote from: Mr Mister on July 21, 2013, 12: PM

Then it come to polling time and you all go GaGa, pumping yourselves up like you're going to win something, you lot are not going to win.

UKIP in a nutshell!

Quote from: Mr Mister on July 21, 2013, 12: PM
mouthing off in the chamber is not the answer, that is for sure,

Again perfect description of the  UKIP mob in Brussels..........

I note the regular UKIP stalwart here has not uttered a single word in this issue. Methinks head office have told him to keep his head down because he is not the (true) face of UKIP they want you to see.

Mr Mister

I did reply to to Perseus, Mk1, Alllison but, the admin in their wisdom, decided my post wasn't worth posting, clearly I hit a nerves or something.

Obviously you all being delicate flowers can't handle the truth!!

norfolkngoode

Mmmmmm.....Sounds like a worried Labour supporter to me  ;)

'They don't like it up em'

SRMoore

Quote from: stephen allison on July 21, 2013, 02: PM
In May 2012 they [PHF] took four council seats from a standing start
PHF took ONEcouncil seat and held on to three last May. I'll hand it to you Stephen, those years of chasing an MEP job paid off as you can still spin it like the best of them.

not4me

...and how did the tories do, Mr Moore?