Splitting the Vote in Manor

Started by perseus, July 20, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

Kipperdip. I actually agree with everything you've said. Although i'm sure there are lots of decent people working within HBC, just perhaps not in positions that the public hear about.

I especially agree with this comment
QuoteThe necessary changes can only come about through the ballot box.

On the back of that, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better for UKIP to withdraw their candidate for the Manor by-election?

My view is Tom Hind cannot win. A PHF candidate backed by Lynda Gooding and her supports and sympathisers on the ward can win.

Two names on the ballot slip, which is what we'd essentially* have if Tom withdrew will make all the difference.

*The Tories will get a couple of dozen if that, so don't matter about their candidate.

If Labour are to be removed from having control of HBC other parties need to work together, not play into their hands.

The Great Dictator

Who is Tom Hind and who are the other candidates ?

fred c

Given the ongoing Scandal of Manor Residents.... The upcoming Manor Election really is a case of "All" of the different parties working together to deny "The Mob" this particular seat.....if that means some form of agreement amongst  them so be it.

The MRA scandal & the no goods responsble for it need to be purged from local politics & the local community for good, having 1 viable contender is the only way for the Manor community to demonstrate its had enough of whats been going on for years.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on July 20, 2013, 01: PM

The MRA scandal & the no goods responsble for it need to be purged from local politics & the local community for good, having 1 viable contender is the only way for the Manor community to demonstrate its had enough of whats been going on for years.

Not a chance. National politics dictates UKIP must contest. Self-interest trumps local interest every time.
Perhaps we should start a competition to guess how many times 'Yourope' and 'Imigrants' get a mention in the Local Election?

Mr Mister

Why should Tom Hind step aside or the Tories.. ?

After all if P.H.F. was the party of the people, then why are you worrying, they should walk it but, they are not, so they won't, so the're left to run a election campaign on a wing and prayer.

Had of course, they had put the ground work in a long time ago, they might not be in this situation.

Same old, same old, Labour will "b**ch rape" the lot of them..

DRiddle

I guess this is where PHF are relying on the local UKIP people to talk to them. I've met one or two of UKIPs active members through my work and things, and they seem reasonable enough.

Surely they must see some mileage in leaving this one to PHF to try and crack?

Maybe in exchange for giving UKIP a crack at Rural West? Which in my opinion is probably UKIPs most likely winnable seat.

DRiddle

So what's the deal then Stephen? Do UKIP have to put up a candidate? You must still know plenty of people connected with UKIP locally?

Surely it's worth having a word and trying to convince them to withdraw or at the very least offer up a very mute campaign?

I spent a couple of hours talking politics with Richard Elvin recently, who i'm told is quite high up within the UKIP ranks locally? He seemed a very astute man, i'm sure if the situation were explained to him about the Manor by-election he'd see that it's possibly worth side-stepping this one in favour of a more realistic crack at the MP's seat when the time comes.

Why put up in the Manor and play into Barclay's hands?

Mr Mister

All these underhanded tactics,Riddle's asking for, is no better than what Labour do!

Tom Hind has every right to stand, the Tories too..

All this nonsense of stand aside on the Manor and P.H.F. will stand aside in Rural West, is exactly that nonsense.

Rural West will always have 3 Tory councillor, so P.H.F. are doing UKIP no favours at all.

To date, I have seen no sign of P.H.F. putting anything first for the people of Hartlepool.

DRiddle

QuoteTom Hind has every right to stand, the Tories too..

True, and i didn't ask them not to. I merely pointed out that if the local UKIP crowd are 100% sincere about ousting Labour from their heart land, then in this instance stepping aside is possibly the best way of achieving that goal.

QuoteRural West will always have 3 Tory councillors, so P.H.F. are doing UKIP no favours at all.

Not true. There are several well respected local UKIP figures potentially capable of taking that ward. Eric Wilson came closer than anyone to taking a seat for UKIP on rural west last May.

Peter Fitzgerald lives on rural west and is liked and respected by a lot of people in that ward, and I think he's affiliated with UKIP.

Mr Mister

Quote from: DRiddle on July 20, 2013, 09: PM
QuoteTom Hind has every right to stand, the Tories too..

True, and i didn't ask them not to. I merely pointed out that if the local UKIP crowd are 100% sincere about ousting Labour from their heart land, then in this instance stepping aside is possibly the best way of achieving that goal.

QuoteRural West will always have 3 Tory councillors, so P.H.F. are doing UKIP no favours at all.

Not true. There are several well respected local UKIP figures potentially capable of taking that ward. Eric Wilson came closer than anyone to taking a seat for UKIP on rural west last May.

Peter Fitzgerald lives on rural west and is liked and respected by a lot of people in that ward, and I think he's affiliated with UKIP.
[/quote

Hang on..DRiddle..

Because you post in two usernames, doesn't make you two different people, as you would like people to believe.

I understand your logic, all the straight posts in your name, all the a bit touchy posts in the other, as not to get you into to much bother, come which election you want to take part in..

Due to G.H. illness, that election may come sooner than you had thought, surely if he's in poor health now, the likelyhood will be, he will step aside.

Point is, the Tories will not lose the Rural West seat anytime soon, OK.. they need Ray to use he's balls in a different way and bin the fella that's about 160 years old, then replace him with fresh blood Shane, The old dear doesn't do/say much in the council meetings but, her voters like her enough to want to keep her for a while, she's a good ward councillor I am told.

The fella you talk of who came close, ended up with nothing, look at the situation Steve Allison found himself in losing by one vote, it matter not if you lose by one vote or a thousand votes, if you lose, you lose!

Peter who?? and I think that is my point...

fred c

I speak to a lot of people from the rural west area, & an awful lot of them are now wise to what is going on with the "TorLabs", they are far from happy about their Councillors voting for Labour on virtually every issue.

So someone like Peter Fitz or Eric Wilson could well take a seat from the tories come 2014.

As for the Manor election it isn`t about PHF getting in...... its about getting "The Mob"out.

The Manor Residents / Who Cares Scandal has shown the residents of Owton Manor that things really do need a good shake up, & an awful lot of them have realised that they can influence that change.

Mr Mister

Fred it's everything about P.H.F. winning the manor seat :/

They are the only group in with a chance..

Ok I accept that chance is "No chance" but that's not because Labour are good but P.H.F. are useless.

They should have been working on this months ago, they must have worked out that at some point she would be sacked or resign, leaving the door open for P.H.F. to have a good go at it.

When will P.H.F. be out campaigning?

Where they out today?, yesterday? last week?, the week before?, last month?

As usual they want to come in at the last minute and walk away with the glory, quite frankly that is going to happen any time soon.

YOU ONLY GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN, IF YOU PUT f*c* ALL IN, YOU WILL GET f*c* ALL OUT, WELCOME TO LIFE. :/

SRMoore

If I were a UKIP man I'd be quite insulted by some of the suggestions that UKIP should stand aside in this by-election in favour of PHF.

PHF received a grand total of 16 more votes than UKIP in Manor House last year. UKIP have a larger profile, a better campaign machine, more activists to campaign and more money to put into a campaign.

I suggest that PHF stand aside and allow UKIP a fair crack at the whip since they are obviously more likely to take the votes of disgruntled Labour voters.

Come on Geoff, do the right thing.

SRMoore

Quote from: stephen allison on July 20, 2013, 11: PMOf course you have to support UKIP, because you know they have no chance of taking the seat from your Labour allies, or should that be Labour masters, in Hartlepool Council Chamber.

Aww bless you Stephen - and they say I'm naive. ;)

marky

I reckon if Labour lose in Manor, Christopher Akers-Belcher will be out on his ar** as Labour leader within weeks.

Nice to hear your contribution Mr Moore as long as you Tories don't get carried away and forget that your role in all of this is the equivalent to that of a ball-boy at Wimbledon.