Tonight's meeting

Started by Hartlepudlion, May 23, 2019, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

For clarity I was referring to the jacket and bow tie combination CAB was wearing. A white jacket with blue flowers all over it and a hugely oversized bow tie which was dark blue and looked velvet to me.

If ever there was an attempt to be the centre of attention via dressing 'flamboyantly' this was it.

In fact, the whole event was hijacked by the SCABs with Barclay using his out going speech as a eulogy to CABS 'achievements', CAB doing the same when he spoke topped off with a utterly bizarre monologue by SAB about when he was a lot younger he used to sit on the bus with John Lauderdale.

Which is assume he meant literally and wasn't a euphemism.

DRiddle

This is the jacket in question

https://www.nooseandmonkey.com/pom-jacket-white.html#home

I'm sure some pics of him at the event will turn up.

Oh and SAB had his medals on again.

Inspector Knacker

Why CAB bothers I do not know.
Everything he wears is a 'look at me' statement, which is ok when you're a vain early 20's celeb. However, he's a wizened old bloke, a plutonium blonde who admittedly has plenty of self preening vanity but dresses like cross between a Barbie doll and a Pantomime dame. All the sartorial elegance of an organ grinders monkey in a suit, the monkey having the excuse it didn't have a choice in the matter while the Beau Brummell of Foggy Furze did.
As for Field Marshall 'Rent a brain' I'd keep those so called 'medals' out of the public gaze. What did the citation for read.....'He got them just for being there'.
It's a desperately embarrassing inability to come to terms with their bandwagon crashing into the ditch of ignominy, a last pathetic show of vulgar bravado, but,  their regrettable reign is over, it's just winding down now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.