Do they even know how cynical they sound?

Started by mk1, September 04, 2015, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/has-decision-been-made-on-closing-hartlepool-s-court-sign-the-petition-here-1-7436814

Councillor Chris Simmons said: "I don't for one minute believe the Ministry of Justice haven't already made up their mind.

"Very often when government departments consult they are just giving information about what they are going to do."

Coun Jim Lindridge agreed adding: "I think the decision has probably already been made but we have got to fight this."

Can anyone think of any other group who say they are going to  'consult' when they are in reality they mean do what they have already decided to do?

Inspector Knacker

As for similarities, read the recent release from the Ministry of Justice on the subject first.

We are changing how we work to make it easier for people to get access to Justice . Using modern technology means fewer people will physically need to go to court, keeing courts free for the most severe and complcated cases.
This is a consultaton and we want to hear peoples views before making any decisions.

Now change a few key words and you could be talking about the hospital farce and who was involved in that comedy then ?

On the subject of the courts, just how will closing it and moving if to Teessides self appointed capital make access to it easier.... do these people live in the real world or do they just churn out fanciful scenarios.

The word 'consultation' should have the 'sultation ' part removed because I can't recall one that made a blind bit of difference.
Consultation in reality is a further opportunity to sell a plan, participation is irrelevant as the decision has long been made. They make cynics of us all.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Do they even know how cynical they sound?

The top & bottom of it is, they Don`t Care what we think about the autonomous decisions they make & the resulting consequences....... The Hospital being the prime example.