Red Dreams Closing down

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, January 29, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Must be a massive warehouse.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fliffster

They have a facebook page. A lot of the lessons and stuff are listed on there. https://www.facebook.com/CreativeMindsNE/

Lord Elpus

So after Red Dreams has been torn apart and its assets disposed, of all because of allegations against Ian and Dawn MacManus.

The trustees appealed against the decision made by the CPS of no further action, (which was their right in law).

This meant that fresh eyes looked at the case file.

Ian and Dawn MacManus have just been told that the appeal agreed with the original CPS decision of No Further Action.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 06, 2018, 01: PM
So after Red Dreams has been torn apart and its assets disposed, of all because of allegations against Ian and Dawn MacManus.

The trustees appealed against the decision made by the CPS of no further action, (which was their right in law).

This meant that fresh eyes looked at the case file.

Ian and Dawn MacManus have just been told that the appeal agreed with the original CPS decision of No Further Action.

This would be Ian who used a false ID (Westviewer) here to praise and defend 'Dawn and Ian'. 

Something rather odd then happened as just after this deception was exposed the Forum was hacked and the compromising posts were deleted by an outside party.

No other posts or any other threads were removed.

Lord Elpus

I'm not denying that silly things happened on this forum, however, the CPS have stated no further action.

The way some people blackened the Macmanus's character was savage, it now appear they have no case to answer.  Much damage has been done and long term relationship wrecked. 

In my opinion the people who used Red Dream have lost a valuable asset.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 06, 2018, 02: PM
I'm not denying that silly things happened on this forum, however, the CPS have stated no further action.

The way some people blackened the Macmanus's character was savage, it now appear they have no case to answer. 
[

Not quite correct.
If there was no case to answer the file would never have gone to the CPS. The very fact this happens means there was something.
What the CPS do is decide if the chance of a conviction is high enough to risk a court case. That means a very high standard of proof is needed. If the CPS think there is enough doubt they drop the case. No one is ever declared innocent.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The allegations that appeared and disappeared on this forum where relatively minor compared to the impact the trustees actions had on the kids.
I personally saw Red Dreams do an awful lot of good in the community.

The trustees have done an awful lot of damage to the Red Dreams organisation.
It looked more like spite or jealousy rather than trying to look after the organisation.

I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on June 06, 2018, 04: PM
The allegations that appeared and disappeared on this forum where relatively minor compared to the impact the trustees actions had on the kids.

It looked more like spite or jealousy rather than trying to look after the organisation.
Isn't ironic that in this case what people see as over zealous trustees are criticised, rightly or wrongly, yet with MRA the trustees seemed to be at the other end of the spectrum with some of them resigning before they denied being part of it.  If Rifty House is set up as a charity, which they should with the amount of both our money and donated money going their way, it will be interesting to see who the trustees will be.  I'm sure they will be hand picked.

mk1

That is the argument Anth would use to excuse their support of the SCAB Cabal. They may be 'corrupt' but on balance they do more harm than good. I know for a fact that is the excuse used to excuse the Wilcox fraud.

If someone raises £10,000 for charity, keeps  £1000 and hands over £9000 are they  to be lauded?

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on June 06, 2018, 04: PM

Isn't ironic that in this case what people see as over zealous trustees are criticised, rightly or wrongly, yet with MRA the trustees seemed to be at the other end of the spectrum with some of them resigning before they denied being part of it.  If Rifty House is set up as a charity, which they should with the amount of both our money and donated money going their way, it will be interesting to see who the trustees will be.  I'm sure they will be hand picked.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
The problem I see is that personal friendship is blinding common sense. It is fatal to assume just because you 'know' someone they can do wrong.

fliffster

What do you mean the impact the trustees actions had on the kids? It kept going after the Macmanus's were suspended and carried on after Red Dreams closed and changed to Creative Minds. The kids are still there! My own kid still went until very recently.