Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Quote from: DRiddle on November 24, 2018, 12: PM

In very recent years, PHF and HIG not 'cutting each others throats by contesting the same ward has allowed the non-labour councillors to grow to numbers not seen for 20 years or so.

My hope is all independent groups of one form or another see that it has been THIS tactic that has been a key factor in squeezing the Labour majority. (That coupled with Akers-Belcher's determination to make them self destruct by being inept).

It must NOT be abandoned in favour of one group getting a bit too big for their boots and trying to go for the kill alone.

We certainly don't want any HIG members going rouge and thinking about backing up the SCAB/MOB position.

I believe we would agree that this must not be abandoned, David. I don't prescribe to the way some in PHF thought going into the Hart by-election that PHF/HIG should step aside to allow rebel labour candidates to get elected so that they'd have the numbers to get rid of CAB. Us collectively getting rid of the Labour majority is the end game, not just one man.

DRiddle

I've always made the decisions i made politically for the greater good of the town. I DID subscribe to potentially allowing Labour to retain Beck's Hart seat but under the name of Aileen Kendon as i believed it would help cut the head off the snake in helping to remove CAB faster. Had she won he may well have been gone by Christmas as i believe the numbers in a leadership vote would have swung in favour of the new crowd.

There are many people in the town who want a proper Labour council, a real one, not one half full of of parasites. Something will give over the next 18 months. Either the council will be completely fragmented with no group having overall control, or Labour will have a significant clear out of ALL the dead wood and parasites and potentially restore voters confidence.

The longer the SCABS, Cranney, Mad dog etc are around, the more likely we head towards the first scenario. Get him and the scum out sharpish, and Labour most likely hang on and rebuild fully in 2020.

kevplumb

Quote from: DRiddle on November 25, 2018, 12: PM
I've always made the decisions i made politically for the greater good of the town. I DID subscribe to potentially allowing Labour to retain Beck's Hart seat but under the name of Aileen Kendon as i believed it would help cut the head off the snake in helping to remove CAB faster. Had she won he may well have been gone by Christmas as i believe the numbers in a leadership vote would have swung in favour of the new crowd.

There are many people in the town who want a proper Labour council, a real one, not one half full of of parasites. Something will give over the next 18 months. Either the council will be completely fragmented with no group having overall control, or Labour will have a significant clear out of ALL the dead wood and parasites and potentially restore voters confidence.

The longer the SCABS, Cranney, Mad dog etc are around, the more likely we head towards the first scenario. Get him and the scum out sharpish, and Labour most likely hang on and rebuild fully in 2020.

spot on sir  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

I agree in part with Dave Riddles viewpoint, my problem is with a number of vitriolic abusers with the collective bottle of a French Field Marshall.....Would they have stood face to face with the people they hurled abuse at, I very much doubt it.....Labour need to get rid of them unfortunately 2 of them are elected officers of the HCLP

As for rebuilding labours image in Hartlepool it wood require an awful lot of bricks and half a dozen 2 & 1 gangs of brickies..

What I will say...I will vote for Labour candidates in the future if.....Labour commit 100% to holding an Independent Forensic Investigation into the running of HBC and the LabTor ruling group since CAB took charge.......So it's Independents for me then  ::)

DRiddle

https://www.change.org/p/mark-flounders-get-christopher-akers-belcher-to-stand-down-as-hartlepool-council-leader?recruiter=457842486&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&fbclid=IwAR044zUcrpf6K87hiSrzlVjMg4X6Im_NmtMTuQih2DVaMysmJuOSqaXuMkM

This was launched last night. It's attracting a signature every 30 seconds or so and plenty off comments evidence the general public feeling towards CAB.

Might be worth individuals giving it a shot in the arm via their facebook pages.

SRMoore

I've always maintained that it is this towns best interests for no one party or group to be in overall control of HBC. That way no one group can ride roughshod over the others and we are all forced to sit down around the table and act like adults, working together for the best interests of this town.

I'm sorry but I don't buy the whole small 'n' new Labour pitch either. I'm sure there are some good people involved in the grass roots side of it, just as there are with most Partys. Unfortunately it's those who are pulling the strings who worry me.

So forgive me if I don't pin all my hopes for Hartlepool on the Labour Party coming to the rescue.

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on November 25, 2018, 12: PM
I agree in part with Dave Riddles viewpoint, my problem is with a number of vitriolic abusers with the collective bottle of a French Field Marshall.....Would they have stood face to face with the people they hurled abuse at, I very much doubt it.....Labour need to get rid of them unfortunately 2 of them are elected officers of the HCLP

As for rebuilding labours image in Hartlepool it wood require an awful lot of bricks and half a dozen 2 & 1 gangs of brickies..

What I will say...I will vote for Labour candidates in the future if.....Labour commit 100% to holding an Independent Forensic Investigation into the running of HBC and the LabTor ruling group since CAB took charge.......So it's Independents for me then  ::)
have to agree fred
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

I tried six years ago. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/calls-to-sign-petition-calling-for-government-probe-into-hartlepool-council-1-5778332/amp

One day it'll happen properly. If the new labour crowd want to exercise the ghosts of the last few years and genuinely start afresh, this is the FIRST thing I'd do once the scum have gone. If nobody has anything to hide, then nobody has anything to fear.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 25, 2018, 04: PM
I tried six years ago. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/calls-to-sign-petition-calling-for-government-probe-into-hartlepool-council-1-5778332/amp

One day it'll happen properly. If the new labour crowd want to exercise the ghosts of the last few years and genuinely start afresh, this is the FIRST thing I'd do once the scum have gone. If nobody has anything to hide, then nobody has anything to fear.

Deputy Chairman of the Council Carl Richardson is quoted as saying.......

"The e-petition is clearly another attempt by the same individuals to try and undermine the new governance arrangements in Hartlepool which are working extremely well."

Given what we know now about Cllr Richardson being paid more than 1 SRA from 2002 to 2012, he would say that.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: SRMoore on November 25, 2018, 01: PM
I've always maintained that it is this towns best interests for no one party or group to be in overall control of HBC. That way no one group can ride roughshod over the others and we are all forced to sit down around the table and act like adults, working together for the best interests of this town.

I'm sorry but I don't buy the whole small 'n' new Labour pitch either. I'm sure there are some good people involved in the grass roots side of it, just as there are with most Partys. Unfortunately it's those who are pulling the strings who worry me.

So forgive me if I don't pin all my hopes for Hartlepool on the Labour Party coming to the rescue.

Agree 100%

Inspector Knacker

Whatever Labour does will make no difference to me whatsoever.
I will NOT vote for a national party of any political persuasion in local government. No matter what they do, their first loyalty is to the Party.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

For the record, i wasn't saying that if they have a purge and remove all of the scum, drunks, parasites and waifs and strays i'd necessarily suddenly start voting Labour. I was simply saying that there is clearly an appetite for a genuine Labour Party in Hartlepool. A lot of the next few years will depend to a large extent on WHO labour attracts once the leaches have been burnt off the body and an assessment/autopsy can be made of the corpse they've left behind.

Inspector Knacker

We've been a two party town for far too long.
The Tories look like a bus trip from a maximum security twilight home for the bewildered who've just got out of the home mini bus and wander about looking befuddled.
Labour in this town with their decades long grip on power have got so cocky and complacent they look like a group of Regency Dandy's with their obedient lackeys looking for a purpose in life and failing spectacularly.
Given that, if God himself descended from Heaven on a shaft of celestial sunlight to declare his intention to take charge of the local Labour Party, I still couldn't bring myself to vote for them or any national Party.
Independents for me, no independent, no vote.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

I'm hearing the likely replacement for Simmons within the Labour group CLP may well be Moss Boddy.

Never met the bloke myself.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/debt-must-be-paid-1-1006127

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2018, 12: PM
I'm hearing the likely replacement for Simmons within the Labour group CLP may well be Moss Boddy.

Never met the bloke myself.

He was the Leader of the Council a number of years ago......I believe he and 2 other blokes have the contract for Summerhill Cafe.........