Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyHagon

I think you have a very good point Fred. If the Opposition wants to oust Labour, they will have a better chance if CAB is still around next May. So short term, yes, he's out, but longer term it might mean Labour get their act together and we are all back to square one with a ruling Labour Party. If we want Labour out of power, I would suggest we want CAB to survive.

But is the Opposition united, to take advantage of a Labour Party in disarray? The Tories and possibly the Greens, it seems, have Labour sympathies (for the want of a better word). So, of the rest, I'd assume there needs to be a coming together to create some kind of strategic plan that gives the best possible outcome in May.

pensionater

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Disgruntled voter

He will want to stay until he can hide any evidence of wrong doing .

jawsbbc

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on November 17, 2018, 06: PM
He will want to stay until he can hide any evidence of wrong doing .

Some of the cleverest people in the world have thought they could hide their discrepancies and/ or fool the likes of HMRC, etc. Once the 'Authorities' start investigating you, they don't stop until;
a) they find evidence of wrongdoing.
b) they DON'T find evidence of wrongdoing...but don't let you know until they have to!
c) you drop down DEAD with worry / stress.  In which case, they'll assume you were 'guilty'of something!

kevplumb

we all know he is guilty
proving it, however,  is a different matter

the shredders will be working nights shortly and i suspect a few hard drives will fail  ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Veritas

mr ben

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Veritas on November 18, 2018, 05: PM
This story is very much like George Orwell's Animal Farm?
Rumour has it that George Orwell had a dream of a future world where a dysfunctional group of incompetents took control of a northern town and based Animal Farm on it. I doubt it, as the animals were actually quite intelligent.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Grumblstiltskin

I know it's a wicked thought but would anybody else loved to have been a fly on the wall listening to the scabs conversations since the vote?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Grumblstiltskin on November 19, 2018, 01: PM
I know it's a wicked thought but would anybody else loved to have been a fly on the wall listening to the scabs conversations since the vote?

A trip to Mr Twisters at closing time should recreate the tantrum experience you seek.
I don't believe it.

Grumblstiltskin

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on November 19, 2018, 02: PM
A trip to Mr Twisters at closing time should recreate the tantrum experience you seek.

I bet Botox Bart was having a right wobbly while the child in a mans body scratched his head, a la Stan Laurel  ;D ;D ;D

Disgruntled voter

The scabs will be laid in bed wearing matching onesies and trying to comfort each other ...the handsome one will desperately trying to make him laugh by stripping off and doing the truffle shuffle ...