Local Labour Party members tighten the noose on Christopher Akers-Belcher

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Currently votes number 288 - of these, 94% back the no confidence notion. That doesn't quite fit in with his quoted self belief  '... Cllr Akers-Belcher said the motion had been supported by 39 people out of around 600 members of the party, and his own branch supported him "unanimously".'

fred c

Maybe 'The Dear Leader' would like to clik on the link below, it would appear that he has a problem with the definition of the word unanimously.....Although he could always ask The Boy in a Mans Body.

Unanimously | Define Unanimously at Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com › browse › u...

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on November 19, 2018, 04: PM
Currently votes number 288 - of these, 94% back the no confidence notion. That doesn't quite fit in with his quoted self belief  '... Cllr Akers-Belcher said the motion had been supported by 39 people out of around 600 members of the party, and his own branch supported him "unanimously".'

I was puzzled by the low numbers but this reply on the Echo explains it all:

Nice attempt to misrepresent the reality on the ground by Cllr Akers-Belcher. The 39 votes cast were by delegates to the general committee (members chosen to represent and vote for the views of their branch).

85% of the voting delegates present backed the vote of no confidence and all but one branch meeting supported the motion (his own). The general committee's duty is to voice and enact the will of the wider party, Cllr Akers-Belcher knows this but is trying to pull the wool over reader's eyes by playing down the numbers.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Yes - he's effectively claiming that the delegates did not represent the members' views. Delusional or pig headed?

jeffh

The latest Northern Echo count is 96% of 711 have no confidence in CAB

Land Phil

mk1

This is the Mail polls on the same subject from 2014. Its strange that the local Labour Party took a further 4 years to see that which was so obvious to everyone else.

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: mk1 on November 19, 2018, 09: PM
This is the Mail polls on the same subject from 2014. Its strange that the local Labour Party took a further 4 years to see that which was so obvious to everyone else.

This is why I will never vote for them

Inspector Knacker

They share a talent for being confronted with the 'bleedin obvious' and putting their collective fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and singing loudly till it goes away. But it never really goes away.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

It wouldn't surprise me if CAB goes straight for a vote of no confidence - he probably has the numbers, at the moment, to retain his crown and, depending on what the Labour Party Rules are, will stave off another attack on his position for 6 months (or whatever the period is). 

If that happens the Labour vote will plummet so after May it won't make any difference as Labour will have lost the majority in the chamber.

No doubt we will see soon enough

The latest Northern Echo Poll is 1037 votes cast with 96% saying he should go

Inspector Knacker

The trouble is, it's cast iron logic up against waffling, self deluding, reality denying, egotistical self worshipping, nonsense!
Even single cell life forms can follow the maths on those figures, so I have to ask did they do simple 'sums' at school? Did they even go to school? I realise any numbers exceeding the sum total of their fingers and toes presents a problem and limits their mathematical 'capabilities'. Did they use a centipede to work out the 30% ?

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 20, 2018, 07: AM
The trouble is, it's cast iron logic up against waffling, self deluding, reality denying, egotistical self worshipping, nonsense!
Even single cell life forms can follow the maths on those figures, so I have to ask did they do simple 'sums' at school? Did they even go to school? I realise any numbers exceeding the sum total of their fingers and toes presents a problem and limits their mathematical 'capabilities'. Did they use a centipede to work out the 30% ?

Maths is not their strong point. Therefore i suggest designing a picture of CAB similar to the ghost buster logo ...see of we can get the whole of hpool to use it as their face book profile picture.

Inspector Knacker

They're the Gumbies of local politics (the Monty Python version that is!)

UnknownUser

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you, you know your nation is doomed.

Ayn Rand