Kier, the gift that keeps giving.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 26, 2021, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

PMQ's today and in true fashion Captain Hindsight had a pop at Boris over COVID, and one part of his speech made me chuckle.... it went like this....."the latest chapter of a story of confusion, chaos and deadly misjudgement from the government...".
I thought at first he was talking about his comedy gold mishandling of the Hartlepool by-election, because it summed up perfectly their ham fisted efforts to win.

As for the original comments about COVID, those remarks could apply to every government around the world.... funny that they're all now hanging on their new mate Dom's every word, makes a change from decrying with venom every word he said before his fall from office. Explain.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

Maybe Kier asked Prof Whitty to inject him with Covid before going on next week to prove its nothing ?

Highest death toll in europe still btw, just like every other government in the world, oh no wait a second.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on May 26, 2021, 04: PM
Maybe Kier asked Prof Whitty to inject him with Covid before going on next week to prove its nothing ?
We can only live in hope.

Highest death toll in europe still btw, just like every other government in the world, oh no wait a second....
. You got 'world'  and Europe mixed up there sunshine.
I can imagine no government would want a death rate like that on their CV , but it's always good to pin the blame on someone else for political traction... especially when it suits your own politics.

eddy

Is that the same way you pin the 2008 global financial crisis solely on the actions of Mr Brown?  Or did I forget the golden rule that its only allowed to be pinned on someone to gain political traction when the traction is in the right direction.

If you want I can repent and say five hail Iraq wars and PFI schemes for daring to point out the glaringly obvious? 

In the same way the many faults of Labour are constantly pointed out on here, i will make it my business to reiterate, the Gov cocked up worse than every other comparably sized national (in terms of GDP, wealth etc).  Per head per capita we have one of the worst death rates in the world.  And I agree no one of any colour would have made the right call with Covid, but equally the majority did better than us

Whatever Barny Dom has said today only confirms what most rational minded folk knew about the cluster fu** that is Number 10.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on May 26, 2021, 06: PM
Is that the same way you pin the 2008 global financial crisis solely on the actions of Mr Brown?
Er, no I didn't, the crisis was caused by lunatic lending worldwide. If you want to blame him you can, but you're being a bit unfair on him. 

Or did I forget the golden rule that its only allowed to be pinned on someone to gain political traction when the traction is in the right direction.

If you want I can repent and say five hail Iraq wars and PFI schemes for daring to point out the glaringly obvious? 
Carry on.

In the same way the many faults of Labour are constantly pointed out on here, i will make it my business to reiterate, the Gov cocked up worse than every other comparably sized national (in terms of GDP, wealth etc).  Per head per capita we have one of the worst death rates in the world.  And I agree no one of any colour would have made the right call with Covid, but equally the majority did better than us
End of the day, they listen to the experts, the same experts would have been advising a Labour Govt if they were in office.

Whatever Barny Dom has said today only confirms what most rational minded folk knew about the cluster fu** that is Number 10.
Make your mind up, on one hand you're calling it a 'cluster f**k', the next you're agreeing no one of any colour would have made the right call with COVID.