By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

I love it !
They tried every underhand tactic they could think of and still got paggered  :D

look on the bright side (unless you live in Victoria ward) she is bound to help "comrade carl)
next month  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Lord Elpus

Quote from: kevplumb on October 20, 2017, 07: AM
I love it !
They tried every underhand tactic they could think of and still got paggered  :D

look on the bright side (unless you live in Victoria ward) she is bound to help "comrade carl)
next month  ;)

No chance, she's had enough, it's obvious (even to her) that she just been used as cannon fodder.

DRiddle

It's an interesting conclusion to arrive at that it was their "best campaign ever". My evaluation of that statement would be as follows;

(1) Don't tell half truths on your election leaflets, it doesn't make for a good campaign.
(2) Don't allow the Akers-Belcher's to knock on doors and deliver leaflets on your behalf, that won't help.
(3) Don't orchestrate your leaflets in cahoots with the other 'traditional party'. its doesn't make for a good campaign.
(4) Don't allow a person acting as a teller outside the Staincliffe to be mistaken for a homeless person by members of the public, so much so that one person (according to facebook) contemplated giving him 50p.
(5) Don't claim that you personally are responsible for bringing millions of pounds into Seaton, people will see through it.

And most importantly of all, in the polling station in the most deprived area of the ward, where you're likely to normally have some support, don't allow Marjorie James to sit in the doorway scowling at people. That definitely won't help.

Who the hell came up with that idea? The woman is absolutely toxic and as soon as that photo went viral on social media there was uproar across the Seaton facebook pages.

Putting her in the polling station in an attempt to get more votes is about as good an idea as letting Harvey Weinstein have some 'alone time' in the local garden centre in an attempt to sell more potted plants.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on October 20, 2017, 08: AM
letting Harvey Weinstein have some 'alone time' in the local garden centre in an attempt to sell more potted plants.

The restaurant owner was asked about that incident and  claims that it was not a 'plant-pot' but the Sous Chef's  pot and the dirty bug*ger placed it back on the hotplate to let it stew!

Too much salt chef, tastes a bit lumpy. Is it sago?........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMfKnYKGTGQ

mk1

It would seem all the campaigning had no effect at all. If you look back to 2012 

http://www.englishelections.org.uk/england/lby/northeast/seaton.php

you can see the Labour vote has always been in the mid 200s. From a low of 237, the high of 287 to the current  275. Best that can be said is that concentrating the total resources of the party and making every single councillor, party member and The MP canvas gained them 38 votes-or lost them  12!
Oh dear, Jeremy Corbyn.

jeffh

What the people f Seaton Carew don't realise is that this was not only a vote against the party, but a vote against the Leader - there may be consequences - watch out for Dumb & Dumber in the white Bima

Disgruntled voter

Fantastic News ! To celebrate my kids will make a mad dog guy fawkes in honour of her contribution at the polling station :). And a pumpkin for belcher

steveL

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on October 20, 2017, 08: AM
Fantastic News ! To celebrate my kids will make a mad dog guy fawkes in honour of her contribution at the polling station :). And a pumpkin for belcher

;D ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Don't  forget to thank  the Tories for their help is seeing off Labour:

https://www.facebook.com/MikeYoung81/posts/10155715393926212?pnref=story

mrb

Well done Leisa on winning what I believe was a depressing campaign from most sides. Hopefully, this will be the start of a real change within the Labour group in Hartlepool.

fred c

I was led to believe that Ann Marshall was to be the start of a real change in Hartlepool Labour.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I can just imagine the senior Labour councillors grouped together this morning wondering how they are going to pay for the red arrows flypast at the next Rifty fun day now that they have lost Ann's ward budget.
I don't believe it.

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on October 20, 2017, 10: AM
I was led to believe that Ann Marshall was to be the start of a real change in Hartlepool Labour.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Anyone still doubt  the Tories & Labour were working together?

jeffh

Quote from: mk1 on October 20, 2017, 11: AM
Anyone still doubt  the Tories & Labour were working together?

Are the two of them delusional? 

They did stand
They can represent the ward
One of them won - and well done to her

What Mike Young needs to remember is the Local Conservatives have 3 seats which makes them a minority party - so how would they represent the ward - unless of course they are in coalition - we've already had that conversation