By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: marky on October 14, 2017, 12: AM
A social club for the work-shy.That's all it is. The women can do their shopping while the men can sit in King John's with both popping in for a meeting here and there to justify their allowance but still be back home in time for Corrie. No wonder they hate the thought of more evening meetings and the interruption to TV time or drinking time.

How many years is it since Carl had a job? 30? What a shirker.

I'll have you know.......Carl has "Dedicated" his life to public service since he became unemployed. hahahahahahaha.. it's worth mentioning that he has also had a steady source of income from the public purse in those years and years and years and years and years and years and years....... I have to stop now my RSI has kicked in.

Inspector Knacker

All very odd. In my job, which is unintentionally turning into what seems social work, I come across people in their late 50's who in conversation relate to me how they've worked all their lives and find themselves having to jump through hoops, being sent on courses out of town for a week etc. Yet some people appear to steam through unemployed life on a sea of glass, with a cloud free horizon.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on October 14, 2017, 12: AM
Is it not this Party Before Town culture which is turning people off and the fact that it's not even a political thing - it's tribal with the sole motive of self-preservation. It's those useful supplements to benefits and pensions which keeps the sheep quiet with slime-ball Beck as ar** kisser in chief.
Party? It's the mindset of The Famous Five group  combined with a Billy no mates culture. These are the sort of people who'd be rejected as dull by the Society of Drain Pipe Collectors  or Roundabout Photographers. They want the 'security' of the group around them to give them an imagined prestige and a 'look at me' boost to people so dull and and insignificant in real life that this is their only chance of ever being actually noticed.
Politics, especially at this level, consists at the top level of loud, elbowing gobsh*tes leading a pack of bleating/ yapping subservient nodding dogs who get an allowance for being there and obeying orders, a sort of Terracotta Army, except the clay soldiers have more of a voice and personality.
These people are to governance what chocolate is to nuclear reactor insulation, totally inappropriate and kept well way from!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Quote from: fred c on October 14, 2017, 12: AM
Quote from: marky on October 14, 2017, 12: AM
A social club for the work-shy.That's all it is. The women can do their shopping while the men can sit in King John's with both popping in for a meeting here and there to justify their allowance but still be back home in time for Corrie. No wonder they hate the thought of more evening meetings and the interruption to TV time or drinking time.

How many years is it since Carl had a job? 30? What a shirker.

I'll have you know.......Carl has "Dedicated" his life to public service since he became unemployed. hahahahahahaha.. it's worth mentioning that he has also had a steady source of income from the public purse in those years and years and years and years and years and years and years....... I have to stop now my RSI has kicked in.

If I remember rightly, as well as receiving his allowance, Carl is also 'sponsored' by the Shop Workers Union' and has been since the Olde Curiosity Shop had its launch day.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

In Carls case, USDAW stands for Union of Shirkers & Dodgers Against Working.   

kevplumb

dunno about seaton but mr Richardson wants to get his lard a** round his own ward ive just got my voters card  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

marky

I think the young Corbynites are just a little too much up their own arses for their own good. At the end of the day, they selected Ann Marshall, someone who represents everything that is wrong with Hartlepool Labour Group.

jeffh

Does anybody know when the Victoria Ward By-Election will take place?

Trish Lawton was due for re-election in 2019 and had a 568 majority out of 1264 votes cast.  Maybe Ann Marshall can get a shoe in there if she bombs as Seaton - or is there some form of moratorium that would prevent her standing?

mk1

It is a real problem for New 'new Labour'. It seems the old 'old Labour' voters no longer see them as  having any connection with them. All the  studies show that  'class' is no longer and indicator of political affiliation.  The C2/Ds are just as likely to vote Tory as Labour. Indeed London not the North  is the seat of Labour power.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/14/tories-gain-ground-small-towns

The findings will worry Labour MPs concerned that the party is losing touch with traditional supporters and is too focused on metropolitan issues. It comes as the party is struggling to come up with a position on Brexit that satisfies both its urban and traditional working-class supporters.

Analysis of recent elections also suggested that "the more a place has experienced relative decline, the worse Labour tends to perform in electoral terms (and the better the Conservatives do)". At the last election the swing to Labour was far higher in cities than in either large towns (+5.0) or small towns (+4.1), and even smaller in other areas (+3.0).

Lisa Nandy, the former shadow cabinet minister and Labour MP for Wigan, said her party needed to take on concerns about issues such as immigration to tackle the problem. "There is a long-term problem here that shows it is not only Labour has problems in towns, but increasingly people in towns think there is no one in the political establishment who is speaking for them," she said.

One big problem is that the Ds are  far closer to the  UKIP/Tory view on Immigration and The EU than to the  Labour position. 

kevplumb

Quote from: jeffh on October 15, 2017, 02: PM
Does anybody know when the Victoria Ward By-Election will take place?

Trish Lawton was due for re-election in 2019 and had a 568 majority out of 1264 votes cast.  Maybe Ann Marshall can get a shoe in there if she bombs as Seaton - or is there some form of moratorium that would prevent her standing?

16 November jeff
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

jeffh

kevplumb

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on October 15, 2017, 12: AM
In Carls case, USDAW stands for Union of Shirkers & Dodgers Against Working.   

A very close friend of mine worked in the retail sector and was involved in USDAW, he was well pished to discover that Richardson was attended USDAW conferences as their union delegate.

I'm going back only a few years, I idea that a man who has not been employed in the retail business for decades should be representing shop workers caused a few to voice thier concerns.

The deluded twit still uses USDAW as his platform within Hartlepool Trades Council, yet another talking shop for him and his like