Crazy Golf Course in Seaton Carew

Started by station cat, February 02, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 03, 2018, 07: AM
It all sounds very nice to the general public, a crazy golf course at Seaton, but they're good at that, however the devil is in the detail.
The unwritten rule is no such development north of Station Lane. However, they're aiming their spiel at visitors and local visitors votes, the locals can run up a shutter, they're irrelevant now. The six foot fence and various 'features' should assure a restricted view for residents, but they'll probably be told it's for the greater good. Destroying the character of the place, looks to have found it's start line.
What next then, go kart track on the green in a huge tin shed so the stuffy locals aren't bothered by the sound. The rest of the fron could become a open air music venue do our groovy leaders can appeal to and get down wiv da yoof. Finally they could build the Hartlepool Eye and then view their kingdom at leisure till the electorate finally wakes up

The detail is the land is not designated for development  so they are trying to sneak through a change of use at the same time as grant planning permission.

The 2m fence is described as transparent and the 4m high shed is described as low enough not to block views. How can they be true without breaking the laws of physics?
The materials are not in keeping with a conservation are, upvc, crumbed rubber etc.

So much of it does not add up AND the nonsense in the application comes from the developer.
At best it is going to be the new Longscar Hall and at worst it is going to be the gateway for the redevelopment of the whole sea front and downgrading of the park until it becomes a secondary site that might as well be developed for housing.
Daft idea, look at Seaton sports hall, youth club, baby clinic, children's homes, swimming baths.

I don't believe it.

jeffh

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on February 03, 2018, 08: AM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 03, 2018, 07: AM
It all sounds very nice to the general public, a crazy golf course at Seaton, but they're good at that, however the devil is in the detail.
The unwritten rule is no such development north of Station Lane. However, they're aiming their spiel at visitors and local visitors votes, the locals can run up a shutter, they're irrelevant now. The six foot fence and various 'features' should assure a restricted view for residents, but they'll probably be told it's for the greater good. Destroying the character of the place, looks to have found it's start line.
What next then, go kart track on the green in a huge tin shed so the stuffy locals aren't bothered by the sound. The rest of the fron could become a open air music venue do our groovy leaders can appeal to and get down wiv da yoof. Finally they could build the Hartlepool Eye and then view their kingdom at leisure till the electorate finally wakes up

The detail is the land is not designated for development  so they are trying to sneak through a change of use at the same time as grant planning permission.

The 2m fence is described as transparent and the 4m high shed is described as low enough not to block views. How can they be true without breaking the laws of physics?
The materials are not in keeping with a conservation are, upvc, crumbed rubber etc.

So much of it does not add up AND the nonsense in the application comes from the developer.
At best it is going to be the new Longscar Hall and at worst it is going to be the gateway for the redevelopment of the whole sea front and downgrading of the park until it becomes a secondary site that might as well be developed for housing.
Daft idea, look at Seaton sports hall, youth club, baby clinic, children's homes, swimming baths.

If the Crazy Golf fails within a couple of years, would the site be classified as Brown Fields Site with the subsequent relaxation if planning restrictions for future development?

jeffh

Quote from: station cat on February 02, 2018, 02: PM
I'm sure crazy golf would go down well especially during school holidays. It's the placing of the course that is obviously the problem. Behind the bus station would surely be best.
During the Longscar Hall CPO enquiry the Seaton Plan was discussed at length.  My understanding then was the Chalets and the Crazy Golf were to go behind the Bus Station, as they originally were with a Fun Fair further south.

Last year there were planning application notices behind the Bus Station for a Fun Fair - I asked the council if these notices were part of the original plan or a separate application - guess what - no response.

Since then we have seen the chalets move to the promenade side of the water feature and the Crazy Golf to the north side of Station Lane which, incidentally, was never discussed in the Seaton Plan.

I would suggest that the temporary Fun Fair we see each year will become permanent this Easter blocking any moves to change the proposals for the Chalets and the Crazy Golf.

The antagonistic approach of the council was confirmed when they located the builders compound right outside of the houses instead of going over near the waterworks where the disruption would have been minimised.

Inspector Knacker

From what I've been able to see driving past, this new stuff looks like bang ordinary swings with a water feature. The water feature should be a classic, as they can't even manage to operate the paddling pool at the Headland, maintaining this one could be a tad more challenging.
Maintenance isn't their strongpoint (Wingfield Castle).
Wasn't the area in question supposed to be a Victorian era conservation area?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

station cat

You're right about the maintenance. Someone needs to send them a dictionary with the word highlighted!!

jawsbbc

Quote from: station cat on February 03, 2018, 10: AM
You're right about the maintenance. Someone needs to send them a dictionary with the word highlighted!!
have they really thought this through all we need is strong north easterly winds and the fountains are going to be blocked with sand ect ect they struggled to clear/clean the paddling pool never mind numerous holes in the ground will the fountains  be using sea water does anyone know  the kids will love it don,t get me wrong  but are they going to be  a regular cleaning of them

Inspector Knacker

I have this awful feeling they'll be even more appealing to teenagers.

notenoughsaid

This whole saga is becoming familiar to an episode of  Dads Army, sorry       
Christophers  Army. I note no mention of a rock emporium but time will tell.   
What a pack of tossers  HBC are. If they can not get the simple decisions right what hope for the future.Time to get rid .Please wake up good people of Hartlepool your town needs you.

mk1

I have heard a whisper that they have 'plans' for the area behind the bus station.......

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on February 04, 2018, 04: PM
I have heard a whisper that they have 'plans' for the area behind the bus station.......

They have demolished the S**t Farm....... that'll cause a bit of a stink  :D

mk1

Quote from: fred c on February 04, 2018, 05: PM

They have demolished the S**t Farm....... that'll cause a bit of a stink  :D

They are relocating it on The Green. Payback for not voting the right way..............

Inspector Knacker

Don't worry, some of the residences have solar panels on the roof so can be classed as a solar energy park.
Better watch that picture doesn't end up in the next 'Vision' leaflet. Don't feed the crocodile or it may become reality.

JanetH

There is a committee meeting on Wednesday regarding the proposed development on Green land opposite the Cliff. The residents have enlisted the help of a solicitor to support our objection. The money raised so far has been paid to the solicitor but now we need to raise more for him to speak to the committee on our behalf. Please help if you can your donation will be greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate here is the link. https://www.gofundme.com/4vcx8n4

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So the decision has been postponed for a site visit.

Usual routine, delay tactics so they hope less people turn up next time, cry a lack of interest in objecting and approve the plans.

It won't be the first or last time they try to grind objectors down until they get their way.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I understand there's a proposal to site the fairground behind the bus station?
If so, wouldn't the skyline of the Art Deco bus station be ruined by the clutter behind?