Members expenses

Started by jeffh, May 07, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

In a recent Facebook discussion Anthony Frain stated that Councillors no longer receive expenses - this was implemented when they awarded themselves a 31% allowance increase.

I'm a bit confused because when I look at the current constitution (part 6) they are all listed.

So do they receive expenses or not?

fred c

Anth Frain....mmmmmm isn't he the bloke who backed up Doc Potholes election leaflet that stated his connection with North Tees NHS Trust.... ?

The Great Dictator

Expense lists are usually 12 months behind.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 08, 2018, 11: AM

Expense lists are usually 12 months behind.

Yes - all will be revealed once they're in the public domain.

jeffh

Sorry for the confusion - I am referring to the Expenses Procedure that exists in the 2017-2018 Constitution.  It is unto date as the new allowance rates are shown.  So my point being that if the procedure is still there, Councillors will be claiming expenses

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on May 07, 2018, 08: PM
In a recent Facebook discussion Anthony Frain stated that Councillors no longer receive expenses - this was implemented when they awarded themselves a 31% allowance increase.
I suspect if that wwas the case, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 08, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: jeffh on May 07, 2018, 08: PM
In a recent Facebook discussion Anthony Frain stated that Councillors no lolongernger receive expenses - this was implemented when they awarded themselves a 31% allowance increase.
I suspect if that wwas the case, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Funny that's what I told Anth Frain when he said the council hasn't had to pay anything for Jacksons Landing.