Wilcox Moves to Put Manor Residents Into Liquidation

Started by marky, August 09, 2013, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitchnstauff

I have been commenting on this forum for some time now about the crisis hit MRA and the actions of the so called manager of the association A Wilcox; the posts I write are factual and have a lot of weight behind them; the posts themselves have had a lot of good comments!

But I now find myself wondering if any of this is getting through to the people who can actually do something about her and the trustees/management committee or is it just falling on deaf ears?

Over the last weeks the Hartlepool Mail has been full of stories about how Wilcox is putting MRA into liquidation and debtors are calling meetings to arrange payments, which! Apparently she did not attend?? So why is it that not only the trustees of this organisation but the local council/councillors are letting her spend thousands of taxpayers pounds on the refurbishment of MRA, surely this money can be utilised to pay the HMRC for none payment of tax and NI for the remainder of its employees who are now in turmoil with the HMRC about it.

Can this woman be so vane as to think she can carry on flouting the law in its entirety or does she know something we don't?

A saying comes to mind "give a person enough rope etc." well I think Wilcox has had more than her fair share, it's time to call in the hangman.

mk1

Her back is well covered. If she goes down the SCABs are exposed as liars and cheats.
There is nothing they will not do to protect their huge income stream.
Strenuous efforts are being made  to keep  SAB  'clean' until after he is awarded the Freedom Of The Borough.

CC082

Freeman of the Borough....To graze his sheep I imagine!

seaton

You will be surprised how few people actually buy the Mail. They were giving half price vouchers away in Tesco the other week.
There is total apathy in th town with regard to politics, the usual` what can we do about it as Labour will always be elected`?
I think the low turn out in the Manor election and the Mayoral referendum indicates what little interest there is in the town. Ask the general public what they think of MRA and they will say whats that ?
Its a national thing for me as in general the younger generation, well I would say the under 45`s are not interested in politics. The demise of the unions could be the cause of this as in my generation every one was a union member more or less so we knew what was going on. How many of the current Goverment or the opposition are actually `grass roots` politicians who rose through the ranks from the `shop floor` to becoming an MP, is there any ? Maybe 1 or 2 but I couldnt put a name to any of them.

Caracas

Seems like Hinge and Brackett don't answer to anyone.

Caracas

Makes me laugh how she can dare walk the streets.  There again, she's too grand to live at The manor these days, isn't she?

marky

That picture has been on the front page of The Mail more times than I can remember. Wouldn't you think that they would taken a new one by now?

Anyways, I suppose it did fulfill one use, it reminded me to remind all of you that there's a re-launched, brand new series of Prisoner Cell Block H on Channel 5 next week - I kid you not.

marky

Quote from: mk1 on August 22, 2013, 03: PM
Her back is well covered. If she goes down the SCABs are exposed as liars and cheats.
There is nothing they will not do to protect their huge income stream.
Strenuous efforts are being made  to keep  SAB  'clean' until after he is awarded the Freedom Of The Borough.

Please tell me that this is just mk1's sense of humour running away from him  :-[

mk1

Quote from: CC082 on August 22, 2013, 04: PM
Freeman of the Borough....To graze his sheep I imagine!

Why would he want the Labour councillors to 'graze'....oh sorry, wrong sheep!

rabbit

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on August 22, 2013, 09: PM
Can I say to Seaton that I was following his arguments regarding apathy etc right up to the point where he reckoned that more power to the Marxist Trade Union leaderships was the solution.....................For Seaton to propose an increase in Trade Union power..........giving increased powers to the Marxist dinosaurs of the TUC is definitely NOT part of the solution.

Everything is the fault of  'Europe'  or  caused by 'Reds Under The Bed'!

What Seaton said:

The demise of the unions could be the cause of this as in my generation every one was a union member more or less so we knew what was going on.

Nothing at all to do  with 'Marxist Trade Union leaderships'.
A simple neutral observation used by a far right  extremist to start the  proverbial fight in an empty room.

I think I speak for many here when I say these outburst are becoming  more and more bizzare.  Frankly they give the forum a bad name, guilt by association and all that.
Can we not have a forum just for this type of outburst. Call it 'The Padded Room'.

steveL

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that HBC is in the thick of this and I don't just mean the councillors but some of the senior officers too. In June 2013, two months after the first Tribunal, HBC published an audit into the charity, carried out by HBC staff, which revealed that the charity had £180,000 in the bank in late February. By May, Wilcox was already talking to Absolute Recovery.

The conclusion of the Audit Report was that the auditors could give no reassurances about the financial management of Manor Residents and HBC absurdly gave it two months to get its act together during which monthly follow up reviews would be carried out. When the first of these reviews was due, Wilcox cancelled it saying that she was busy/ill . . . the council seem to have been OK with this. From what I gather, there have since been no reviews carried out.

You could call this corporate negligence, given the amount of taxpayer's money which has gone into this organisation, but I think I would call it complicity and part of a much bigger cover-up.

The time has long since passed when the Police should be called in and, if Cleveland Police are reluctant to get involved, then perhaps it needs to go further afield and that reluctance can become part of the investigation.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

It is now apparent the 2 Month Grace Period was a Massive c**k-up, what have Manor Residents done with £180,000 in a couple of months, I would imagine Tom Mitchell is aware of this ridicules action by HBC & it will only give him a greater insight into the calamitous Auditing of MRA by HBC.

stokoe

would not surprise me if the money has gone to a few to keep schtum.

grim reaper

I've been saying for a while, why the reluctance from the police to start investigations?  ???   8)

Maybe a letter direct to the labour police commissioner asking why?  8)

We already know Cleveland police are not to be trusted, so who could we approach above them, that is not tainted by the smell of labour complicity?

Stevel is right and I've said it before, the 'cover up' goes right to the top of HBC.  :o

Somebody, somewhere is fighting to keep a lid on this scandal of massive proportions.....it will not move forward until an impartial entity is brought in to investigate the whole rotten edifice.  >:(