Spreading Fame

Started by steveL, August 27, 2013, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

A sign of HBC's speading fame as a basket case. This is taken from Tales from the Town Hall - a South Yorkshire offering.

http://www.talesfromthetownhall.co.uk/index.html

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Eeeeeeeeee ba gum ecky thump lad.............

Cwistopher & Ste`s ego`s have spread far & wide it would seem....... Legends in their own tiny minds, what a bloody advert for the town.

Labour North will no doubt have seen that particular barb.

grim reaper

Do you know.....I think politics is just like religion; with apologies to the great believers out there.
We are fed all sorts of crap just to keep those at the top of religion and politics (and part the way down) in a very comfortable lifestyle.
I watched the news earlier and the people of Syria are being bombed to sh*t and all you can hear is "Allah akbar".
Why shout for him, he's not listening...over a million of you have been killed/wounded or displaced.
Why do we put our trust in something that has NEVER been proved? 'God' has never assisted anyone throughout any of the wars, or issues like cancer etc. He just isn't there!

Likewise politicians. WHY do we trust these people?
It is only a pathway to riches for them...never mind the people that voted for you..fill yer boots while you can!
John Lennon said 'I don't know which will go first, rock n roll or religion'.

Well, religion is certainly on its way out and the sooner the current 'standard' of politics follows, the better for all!!!
We really do need a completely new method of managing the lives of 'ordinary' people. Quite what that could be is open to interpretation but it has to come along soon...we simply can't trust the system we have at the moment. Politicians are bent and so easily open to corruption. 
I despair.  :(

norfolkngoode

Quote from: grim reaper on August 27, 2013, 10: PM

Likewise politicians. WHY do we trust these people?
It is only a pathway to riches for them...never mind the people that voted for you..fill yer boots while you can!
We really do need a completely new method of managing the lives of 'ordinary' people. Quite what that could be is open to interpretation but it has to come along soon...we simply can't trust the system we have at the moment. Politicians are bent and so easily open to corruption. 
I despair.  :(

Couldnt agree more...... I have never understood how we can go around in circles, Voting for different parties, getting different faces in charge, but continuing with the same problems and treatment?
Why do things never get any better?

Anyway, try reading John O'Farrells 'Utterly impartial history of Britain or 2000 years of upperclass idiots in charge....... It may give you some answers..... All be it funny ones!  ;)
'They don't like it up em'

norfolkngoode

Quote from: kipperdip on August 28, 2013, 09: AM
'Norolkngoode' asks, "why do things not get better"?
Well, if I can just repeat an old observation , - to continue to vote for the same failed parties and policies and expecting a different outcome is truly a sign of insanity.

Interesting that you recommend reading and following suggestions from arch leftist John O'Farrell in your quest for answers.
John O'Farrell, was a candidate for the Labour Party, in the recent Eastleigh by-election and is on record in one of his books as  saying that he wished the IRA had killed Margaret Thatcher in the Brighton Grand Hotel bombing and even invited them to 'try again'.
Were some of his political utterances in the book you cite as 'funny' as this?

Dont know (or care) about John O'Farrels (or anyones) political leanings...... But I have read that book and enjoyed it.

We all have opinions on things in life, including Mr O'Farrel, some people keep them secret, others mouth off about them. Nobody has to agree with them. But hey, each to his own, after all its a (co called) free country.  ;)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Having read and re-read both of John O'Farrell's 'history' books, I reckon that they're illuminating and absolutely hilarious! I believe he was a script writer/panellist in the satirical publications/TV field, so it's hardly surprising that his humour has an edge to it; he wrote the 'Brighton' passage distinctly tongue in cheek (like the rest of his books). Somehow, I fail to see how any reader with a modicum of intelligence could take his writings as a serious incitement to attack anyone - I suspect that most of the critics haven't actually read his work and have the whole thing way out of context!

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on August 28, 2013, 09: AM

arch leftist John ............... was a candidate for the Labour Party.............

Fixated, obsessed, deluded............NUTTER

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 28, 2013, 01: PM
Having read and re-read both of John O'Farrell's 'history' books, I reckon that they're illuminating and absolutely hilarious!

I fail to see how any reader with a modicum of intelligence could take his writings as a serious incitement to attack anyone - I suspect that most of the critics haven't actually read his work and have the whole thing way out of context!

Thankyou :) ;)

Lord Elpus

About a year ago the Chair of the LGA Peer Review team warned that 'HBC was on the edge of an abyss' (his exact words) if nothing changed.

At least two of their key recommendations were ignored, to look to include an external candidate for the vacant CE post and the need to start to work together for the good of the town in an open and honest way.  There were mutterings about a certain party 'ditching the bitch'.

steveL

"There were mutterings about a certain party 'ditching the b**ch'."

In the context of the present circumstances, that's just too much like a multiple-choice question.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.