Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I agree with Mr Reaper regarding the candidate write-ups in tonight's Mail. It's Mick Stevens that comes over as the most genuine and solid candidate. Allan Barclay makes the mistake of promising more of the same and I would have thought that's the last thing the people of Owton Manor want.

grim reaper

Another plus (in my opinion) is that MICK STEVENS actually LIVES in Owton Manor and therefore knows the place, people and issues.
Not someone like Barclay, simply parachuted into the area 'cos it's a 'safe' labour seat.  :(
If the people of Manor Ward really are looking for change and progress, they HAVE to dispose of the infestation thoroughly and that starts with ousting labour and their toadies.

Never mind 'forget G. Lilley', in a way forget PHF.
Simply vote for the man himself;
MICK STEVENS can stop the rot and clear out the garbage.

Oh yes, well done Lynda & colleagues.
The whole rotten edifice is starting to crumble.
Hopefully it won't be just the usual suspects, top officer heads ought to roll, as they were supine in their dealings with bent cllrs and allowed the scandal to proliferate.  >:(

Missy K

Quote from: grim reaper on August 13, 2013, 09: AM
Another plus (in my opinion) is that MICK STEVENS actually LIVES in Owton Manor and therefore knows the place, people and issues.

I too agree with Councillors living in the wards they are standing in, common sense really.

V.Grumpy

Quote from: Missy K on August 13, 2013, 09: AM

I too agree with Councillors living in the wards they are standing in, common sense really.

The register on page 2 of this feed shows Mick Stevens to be living in Campbell Road, which is actually Fens and Rossmere and not Manor House,  I think.  Not going to let that stop me from voting for him though.  Certainly would not consider voting labour.

Ryehill

MKI , it is not any easy decision to accept nomination to fight a local election. By doing so it immediately shows that the candidate has an interest in local affairs, no matter which party they represent. For you to say that U.K.I.P. is not interested in local affairs is just not true. For someone who has trawled through U.K.I.P.'s manifesto you have obviously missed the part on local politics.
      On Thursday the Labour candidate will win , not because P.H.F. will lose some votes to other candidates but because Labour will have the postal votes sown up , particularly in the ward care homes. They will also have 30 activists knocking on doors this week. The other parties just can't match that.

steveL

The gist of what Ryehill says is true although we'll agree to differ on the hopeful outcome. Labour can turn out the activists and fall back on funding while PHF is the new kid on the block and has to finance itself. The Labour tactic of targetting the care homes, encouraging the occupants to apply for postal votes and then 'helping' the occupants to fill them in and post their postal votes is well known.

Having said that, PHF does well on postal votes and I'm not sure if Labour activists knocking on doors is having the desired effect this time.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Not someone like Barclay, simply parachuted into the area 'cos it's a 'safe' labour seat.  :(
If the people of Manor Ward really are looking for change and progress, they HAVE to dispose of the infestation thoroughly and that starts with ousting labour and their toadies.

Never mind 'forget G. Lilley', in a way forget PHF.
Simply vote for the man himself;
MICK STEVENS can stop the rot and clear out the garbage.

Oh yes, well done Lynda & colleagues.
The whole rotten edifice is starting to crumble.
Hopefully it won't be just the usual suspects, top officer heads ought to roll, as they were supine in their dealings with bent cllrs and allowed the scandal to proliferate.  >:(

When the Boundaries Commission reshaped the wards they decided that those living on one side of Catcote Road were in Manor House and those on the other side were now in a different ward. Mick lives on 'the other side' by about 30 foot. I'm sure his view on the matter would be that he has lived in Owton Manor for nearly 40 years and it will take more than the Boundary Commission to tell him otherwise.  ;D

As you say, Barclay lives in Burn Valley and is regarded as something of a Nomad in council circles. I forget which ward he was once councillor for; possible the Hart Ward. I know it wasn't Burn Valley where he lives and after losing his seat, last year he stood in Fens and Rossmere. To him, simply being a councillor is the important thing so that he can have equal status with his drinking partners. I don't think it matters much who he is a councillor for..... 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mo the lawn

Ok time to put the record straight i have sat reading this and now i think i would like to put record straight.I am Mick Stevens.
Yes i live in rossmere and fens but i live right on the side of catcote road so  if i walk 25 yard im then in manor house.
I havent put on any leaflets (apart from MRA) what i would like to do,mainly because i wont make a promise i cant keep and 2nd its up to the people of manor house to tell me what they want and if i feel its right  i will fight for it.
I might not agree with what people say but i will defend their right to say it with my dying breath.
Im not a political man but i know right from wrong and  there is more wrong than right at the moment .

steveL

Mornin' Michael

"i know right from wrong and  there is more wrong than right at the moment ."

Damn, wish I'd thought of that....

Mr Mister

Do you think being an outsider in the town it will make much difference M.L.L.?

I understand in many wards it wouldn't be an issue but, up the Manor, I personally think it might.

fred c

Yeah have to agree with KD 100% as well, the PV issue is, no matter what the various groups say open to abuse.... is it right that a person "Helping" you complete your PV is an activist with one of the parties............ i don`t think.

Excellent & Imformative post Kipperdip.

Hartlepudlion

Yes kipper dip and isn't funny that Labour always seem to know the results before anyone else. Are they strutting round Ward as we speak? A sure sign they know they have won.

I seem to remember about 10yrs ago with the first Election using PV Labour Cllrs turning up with bags full of PVs. There was some sort of inquiry afterwards which banned activists/Cllrs from doing this. I also thought it was stated that peoples' PVs could not be canvassed nor could the voter be assisted in any way with the voting process. Anybody remember this or can confirm from another source?

DRiddle

QuoteI forget which ward he (Barclay)was once councillor for

Yeah it was Thorston at the time, which I think got swallowed by the Hart Ward Boundaries.

I fully agree with every said on the postal votes. It'll be interesting if they break down the proportion of 'normal/postal' votes. Or at least reveal how many postal votes were cast. Do they do that?

grim reaper

Postal votes? It is akin to Mugabe running the election! 
I used to use a postal vote..hated going out in pouring rain to vote...but for the last number of years reverted to a 'hands on' approach.

You send a postal vote to the civic and God knows where it ends up.
Oh yeah, you can trust the sanctity of their 'system' can you?  ::)

If you have any thoughts of trying to change anything in our town, you will need to change your postal vote to signing on in person.

THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS ROTTEN and it is our stupid belief in their 'system' that keeps them going.  >:(

Bale out and get them out!

mo the lawn

If PHF (Mich Stevens) got lucky and won Thursday night, would anyone like to guess where the Gypsy site will be located in the town?

I would have to guess it will be in the Manor Ward..

It will be one of them Labour jokes the rest of us don't get, or do we!

Careful how you vote Thurday night people!

Don't have nightmare, please sleep well :)
This was posted by MrMister on hartlepool mail 
can i please correct you on a few things my name is MICK thats MICK and  why attack me on the mail website about an article about Hart im man enough to stand up and take it on the chin if people vote me in i will give 100% if they dont  there is nothing i can do but one thing for sure i wont crawl into a corner and sulk. This is just 1 battle  PHF thats PHF   is bigger than me  and will be here to fight again next time we are not here today gone tomorrow we are the 2nd biggest party thats a FACT we have been going for less than 2 years FACT we have 5 councilors FACT we will fight every ward next year FACT we are here to stay FACT