Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

Please Perseus and PHF stop this senseless feud with Shane. None of you can be winners but Labour could.

Perseus, Shane has admitted that he had nothing to do with the leaflet and does not endorse it. Shane accept the difference of interpretation that exists between the two of you.

ALL of you unite and fight the common foe - do your best to get Labour out. Labour have picked Barclay to show contempt for you and the residents of Manor. Use that contempt for you to show him, Barclay, and Labour the way out.

Fred c, your latest post. I don't think Shane is particularly bashing PHF more of sticking up for his Party. Best if all of you stop this spatt.

Inspector Knacker

The Tory position is comical....ii's like a ventriloquist on stage doing his act with a skeleton on his knee.... we can can all see the bleedin obvious.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Ryehill

This by-election thread has become a slanging match between P.H.F. and the Conservatives which I find strange. P.H.F. have set their target at breaking the  Labour stranglehold  on H.B.C. To be distracted by a poor Conservative leaflet and campaign is playing into the hands of their real opponents the Labour Party. Having said that I ,genuinely,  feel sorry for the Conservative candidate who is just another young person  being used by the old guard Conservatives in this town. I would like to bet that she isn't the Conservative candidate in Rural West next year.
      I would like to see P.H.F.'S policies aired more ,for example what is their standpoint on the proposed new nuclear powerstation at Graythorp. I know that two of their leading members have conflicting views but what about the rest of the membership?

DRiddle

Ryehill, if you see the other thread about MRA I've just put forward what i'd like to see as some form of council policy concerning residents associations.

Concerning the power station, I absolutely 100% think that we HAVE to push for it to be built here. Yes in an ideal world i'd rather not live in a town with a power station, but I think it's too big an incentive in terms of jobs and impact on the local economy to turn down.

rabbit

I had never read anything about Frome Town Council until today.

Frome is in the county of Somerset not far from Bath.

It seems to be quite affluent and has a population of about 20,000.

It certainly isn`t a Hartlepool, so what is the connection if any to our town?

Well, according to the Times newspaper, in the Frome Spring of 2011, five men in a pub were moaning about the council`s plans to take over the town`s main venue for music and markets. with the threat of making it into offices.

The men decided to form an Independent Party (Independents for Frome) and placed an advert in the local paper for candidates to contest council seats for the forthcoming election.

Many of the town`s folk took up the challenge and did contest all of the 17 seats and won 10 of them. They immediately formed a majority in the council, and the story goes that the town has gone from strength to strength.

Here is the link to the Frome Council`s website:

http://www.frome-tc.gov.uk/councillors/

Hartlepudlion

Sounds good rabbit and we should all be working to do the same thing. Instead, being Hartlepool, we get into slagging off each other. Oh Hartlepool!

Ryehill

The Labour Party are delivering a leaflet in Manor House, boasting that they stopped the Travellers Site being located in the ward. It had crossed my mind that the decision was made with an eye on the by-election on Thursday, or am I just becoming cynical.

DRiddle

Mr Barclay was at the meeting. He did speak up and stated why he didn't think the site should be in the Manor House ward. Councillors Stephen Akers-Belcher and Councillor James did too. Although I guess by that logic though, then the Labour party definitely caused it to be located in Hart. 

brassed off monkey

I honestly believe that Labour are desperately keen to retain The Manor for no other reason than if they lose the seat, all sorts of "Unsavoury Information" will emerge about what has been going on with MRA & WCN/E.

You only have to look at the Blind Panic that engulfed Wilcox & her acolytes when the Post-it Stickers & Posters were stuck up all over the Manor, they were running... sorry Waddling around ripping them down as quick as they were being put up.

The asset stripping is more than likely to be fully traceable, & given that it looks as though it started before the Audit Report came out, the Trustees & Former Trustees have genuine reasons for concern about their own culpability in it all, so the 2 "Deserters" aren`t off the hook by any means.

steveL

Quote from: Ryehill on August 11, 2013, 04: PM
    The Labour Party are delivering a leaflet in Manor House, boasting that they stopped the Travellers Site being located in the ward. It had crossed my mind that the decision was made with an eye on the by-election on Thursday, or am I just becoming cynical.

Owton Manor was never really in the running to have the Traveller's Site; everything was pointing to West View though no doubt if we were having a by-election there then they would be saying the same thing. Something to think about when the planning Inspector throws out Hart as the eventual location which he will do when residents start lodging appeals.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mo the lawn

Bit strange that so to save face on manor house they have stabbed 2 other labour councilors in the back in Hart .Have they heard of the saying "foot in mouth" think now they will struggle in Hart in may.But also shows how corrupt they are.

not4me

Quote from: Ryehill on August 11, 2013, 04: PM

Bit of an own goal perhaps. Isn't there quite a sizeable romany community on the Manor? Doubt if they will be chuffed about being labelled as 'undesirables.'

SRMoore

Quote from: steveL on August 11, 2013, 04: PM

Owton Manor was never really in the running to have the Traveller's Site; everything was pointing to West View though no doubt if we were having a by-election there then they would be saying the same thing.

The only thing (or person) constantly pointing to West View was you, Steve.

There were numerous reasons as to why the two sites on WVR were unsuitable, none of which included wind from passing trains. Both myself and many other residents were very quick to point them out.

The reality is that Burbank was the most likely site to be chosen, according to two planning officers I spoke to.

Having said all of that I am still firmly of the opinion that HBC should not be forced to allocate land and eventually provide a camp because the previous government decided we have to have one. So I would urge all of you, whether you live in the Hart ward or not, to make representation to Eric Pickles and demand he keeps his pre election pledge to scrap these rules and then write/email/call Iain Wright and demand he grows a spine and fix the mess he made by asking Pickles to scrap them too.

If the gypsy & traveller families living in Hartlepool decide they wish to go give up their house and live in a caravan I would suggest they do what you or I would have to do and purchase/rent land/a plot and buy a caravan themselves.

DRiddle

What were the reasons given in Thursdays' meeting for not choosing West View Shane? Not that i'm saying it should have been there. I'm just interested to hear the reasons given by the councillors for not picking that site.

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on August 11, 2013, 05: PM
Quote from: steveL on August 11, 2013, 04: PM

Owton Manor was never really in the running to have the Traveller's Site; everything was pointing to West View though no doubt if we were having a by-election there then they would be saying the same thing.

The only thing (or person) constantly pointing to West View was you, Steve.

There were numerous reasons as to why the two sites on WVR were unsuitable, none of which included wind from passing trains. Both myself and many other residents were very quick to point them out.

The reality is that Burbank was the most likely site to be chosen, according to two planning officers I spoke to.

Having said all of that I am still firmly of the opinion that HBC should not be forced to allocate land and eventually provide a camp because the previous government decided we have to have one. So I would urge all of you, whether you live in the Hart ward or not, to make representation to Eric Pickles and demand he keeps his pre election pledge to scrap these rules and then write/email/call Iain Wright and demand he grows a spine and fix the mess he made by asking Pickles to scrap them too.

If the gypsy & traveller families living in Hartlepool decide they wish to go give up their house and live in a caravan I would suggest they do what you or I would have to do and purchase/rent land/a plot and buy a caravan themselves.

Talk to the hand, Shane or better still talk to Wells (if you can get your head out of his ar** long enough) as he was the one spouting off about it on the bus. There's more to come on this which will show just how much of a cess-pitt is the place your Leader is currently co-habiting with the Akers-Belchers.

Writing to Pickles is going to do a fat lot of good given that he's already had 3 years to do as you say. Why not just tell us which way Wells voted on the issue (maintaining his 100% record) or tell us all of how, at the beginning of this process, your mate and his labour colleagues had tried desperately to get Seaton and the Fens included as sites - I wonder why that would be?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.