Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

David, I have respect for you and you are quite right that the Hart Ward Cllrs should be pulled up about not turning up to this meeting.

I am not, however, sat here attacking Geoff ir PHF. Reread my original post, I clearly state that I am not questioning why Geoff did what he did. Nor am I bad mouthing PHF per se. I am saying, quite rightly, that PHF has been caught with their pants down and that some people are desperately trying to spin their way out of it instead of just admitting fault.

MK1 - I called for the Labour group to kick Angie Wilcox out and have her removed from council back in March/April in the Mail. As I have done numerous times on here before and after that date.

Still no answer from Steve I see.

Mr Mister

He might be a teacher but, I don't think he's likely to educate you an times soon, as we already know he's a PHF  just trying to puff his chest out.

Clearly I will be interesting to see him run for Council  :)

DRiddle

Well, I speak for no one but me and my take on the deal/agreement/arrangement/compromise/whatever you want to call it, concerning the maintaining of the secondary leaders allowance is as follows.

It was going to be voted through in it's original form regardless due the huge majority of the coalition anyway.

Which would have meant PHF getting nothing.

Option (a) was to kick up merry hell, complain about it, slam Labour for the 300% rise in the leaders allowance and in a week or so, the public would have largely forgotten, Ray would have his allowance via his chair and everyone would have a slice of the pie, except for PHF despite them having 5 councillors.

If there was a deal done which i'll call option (b), it ensured that Councillor Lilley feigned compliance and didn't overtly put the boot into the leader of the councils big rise in that particular meeting.

PHF then gained a couple of grand which is being used to take on 'the labour machine' right in the heart of what is traditionally their strongest ward.

As I say, personally i'd have turned down the money in favour of condemning the financial set up of the new constitution.

But then I guess that's easy for me to say because I don't have the responsibility of trying to run a political party from my front room on a tiny budget, taking on parties with national backing.

Mr Mister

David said

"But then I guess that's easy for me to say because I don't have the responsibility of trying to run a political party from my front room on a tiny budget, taking on parties with national backing".

If that why the 5 Councillors have achieved nothing for the 40k (give or take) they have had in the last 12 months?

Only 5 Councillor, yet only 4 take part in the PHF dream..

SRMoore

Do you think that the local conservatives receive financial support from the national party to fund campaigns? We don't.

I don't like the excuse that the money was grabbed to fund PHF as they are, in effect, admitting that they are funding themselves via tax payers money rather than by donations from members and supporters as the local conservatives do.

DRiddle

No, what's happening is Councillor Lilley (Alyson now as she leads the party) is receiving an allowance for her work done as a councillor. She then can use that money in whatever way she wishes.

If she opts to use it to try to make a visible difference in Hartlepool then I have no complaints about that.

She essentially making a donation to a political party. Albeit one she's heavily linked to.

The conservatives LIKE people who donate their money to political parties they're connected to.... don't they?  ;)

fred c

Shane, i have said it before i will say it again, i don`t agree with your Parties Policies, but i do realise that your own personal motives & standards are well ment & in general for the betterment of the town.

So why do you nullify an awful lot of the time & effort you put in by backing the policies expounded in Council by your leader, you are constantly trying to justify the TorLab coalitions behaviour & its almost constant support for "The Mob"

The Tories Manor Leaflet Was not an "Election Leaflet" for the Tory Candiadate, it was TorLab Leaflet directly attacking PHF, & you know it, don`t attempt to defend the indefensible m8

Can i ask you this..... Would you rather Labour kept the Manor seat (given what is happening at MRA / WCN/E) or would you settle for a PHF Councillor.

We can all spend our time sniping at each other, back biting & name calling..... what does that achieve ??? Sweet FA

I have used this forum for a long time now & it has proved to be a lone voice in the Jungle of "Local Politics", it has constantly punched above it`s weight in the battle against Civic Mal-administration... i don`t see any point in reducing its effectiveness by the people who use it becoming as Bitter & twisted as the feckers we are all trying to Get Shot Of.

SRMoore

My original post stated that I had nothing to do with that leaflet and that the content is not what I would have put on it. I fail to see how that is me trying to defend it. I've simply put an opposing view forward to that of PHF who claim it is a lie. The fact is that the content isn't.

Would I rather see Labour of PHF win in the Manor? Neither. I prefer to look at the candidates rather than the party's and if I weren't voting for Mandy I'd rather Tom Hind be elected as he is a good candidate who puts in a lot of hours.

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on August 09, 2013, 10: AM
My original post stated that I had nothing to do with that leaflet and that the content is not what I would have put on it. I fail to see how that is me trying to defend it. I've simply put an opposing view forward to that of PHF who claim it is a lie. The fact is that the content isn't.

Would I rather see Labour of PHF win in the Manor? Neither. I prefer to look at the candidates rather than the party's and if I weren't voting for Mandy I'd rather Tom Hind be elected as he is a good candidate who puts in a lot of hours.

And that in a Nutshell is why Hartlepool is in The Sh*t.

testing times

The conservatives only have 3 councillors who all consistently vote the way labour tell them. Now we have them using heir own party funds to distribute anti-PHF leaflet in an election which is a two horse race between PHF and Labour.
If you vote Tory in this town you effectively get a Labour councillor. Considering this is the twisted mess they are in themselves, quite how any of them have the time to be worrying about PHF baffles me.

Mr Mister

Quote from: fred c on August 09, 2013, 10: AM

Why Fred, because people don't buy into the whole PHF nonsense?

I would much rather Tom Hind win than PHF

SRMoore

So you are suggesting that voting for the best candidate, regardless of their political allegiance, is not what the public should do and simply vote for a brand with an inferior product?

I'm not saying Mick Stevens is an inferior candidate because I don't know him. Never met him, never heard anything from him and I haven't even heard one thing mentioned about him by the various PHF members on here. All I've heard is 'vote for our brand'.

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on August 09, 2013, 04: PM

Whatever

So you are suggesting that voting for the best candidate, regardless of their political allegiance, is not what the public should do and simply vote for a brand with an inferior product?

I'm not saying Mick Stevens is an inferior candidate because I don't know him. Never met him, never heard anything from him and I haven't even heard one thing mentioned about him by the various PHF members on here. All I've heard is 'vote for our brand'.

TSteels

"So you are suggesting that voting for the best candidate, regardless of their political allegiance, is not what the public should do and simply vote for a brand with an inferior product?

I'm not saying Mick Stevens is an inferior candidate because I don't know him. Never met him, never heard anything from him and I haven't even heard one thing mentioned about him by the various PHF members on here. All I've heard is 'vote for our brand'."

Is that a joke Shane. Any chance there was of me lending you might vote just vanished!!!

You don't know the candidates...err Mandy Loynes!
Never met the candidate...err Mandy Loynes!
Vote for our brand...err Mandy Loynes.

How can you be so deluded.

Let me tell you right now Shane from an ordinary poolie. Get yourself as far away from Ray Wells and his poisonous pseudo love affair with the disgrace that is this town's Labour group or you will not come within 5000 votes.

I would have voted for you if you had shown even the smallest ounce of balls in standing up to the mob and your disgrace of a leader. 

Mr Mister