Traveller sites.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 04, 2013, 05: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

What ward are you in? I'll have a look

Wilton

I just have, I didn't vote for any of them and have never met any of them or heard of any of them doing anything worthy of note.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Wilton on May 04, 2013, 12: PM
I just have, I didn't vote for any of them and have never met any of them or heard of any of them doing anything worthy of note.

I bet the best part of the voting population in the town could say the same! ;)
'They don't like it up em'

stokoe

why not put them on the reck (sp) then you can have the scabs keeping an eye on them.

Wilton

Quote from: norfolkngoode on May 04, 2013, 12: PM
Quote from: Wilton on May 04, 2013, 12: PM

I bet the best part of the voting population in the town could say the same! ;)

Thats the thing, it may be better if we had no councillors and only a small cabinet overseeing departments, made up of elected but well salaried people who would need to prove competence before they stood and who were wholly accountable to the people not party politics.

You could replicate this at national & maybe regional level not only might things run better it might be cheaper.

smileyjoiner

Whos the councillors for between Owton Manor lane/ Rossmere

grim reaper

What is it with these 'travellers'?
Whenever I want to visit another area with my family, and want to use a 'site', it costs me a small fortune.
As we are being questioned regarding the whereabouts for appropriate sites in Hartlepool, are the 'travellers' going to pay THEIR dues for the site, or will it be a free service (to them, not to the council tax payers that will end up picking up the tab).
I have had enough of the labour, Tory and Limp Dims point of view regarding the way our taxes are spent...I hope UKIP go from strength to strength.

allinthistogether!!

This 'plan' is a disgrace. No consultation if we actually want a site in the first place, just where do we want them. I want them parked on every councillors front garden, and nowhere near me!

I'll be going to Hart Village Hall on Wednesday at 6:15 to air my views. I live on Bishop Cuthbert so a site there would bring bother round this way i have no doubt. If it's not nailed down, it'll be gone.

Whoever gives the green light to this should give their head a wobble. And if any of my stuff gets nicked, particularly my dogs or poultry (of which gypsies are notorious for stealing), that decision maker should emigrate to Timbuktu before i get my hands on them!!

tankerville

I was speaking to a security officer who patrols B&Q his employer the owner of land occupied by the travelling community, some are genuine travellers they come stay for a while and leave clearing any and all litter, in fact a lot tidier than when they arrived. They are not all the same.

The other week another lot turned up 'well known' let's not ask about names. Behind the RANGE the owner asked them to leave because you are on private property.

He called the police when they threatened him and demanding £200.00 each to move on.

Bailiffs served notices on them Ron Perry vehicles stood by to tow them away riot police vans parked around the corner waiting for it to all go pear shape. Luckily it didn't and they moved but to where?

I seem to remember a site behind the fun palace in Seaton Carew. Hard standing area's W.C.s it was wrecked and the land cleared. If we are required to find somewhere then why not the derelict land that once was the Bus Depot at Usworth road?  Just a thought.

SRMoore

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 04, 2013, 11: AM
Whats wrong with the land beside head wrightsons, we should only allow them closer than that if they abide by the law and send their kids to school.

Err no thanks! I work there and we need our steel thank you very much!

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on May 05, 2013, 10: AM
Whats wrong with the land beside head wrightsons, we should only allow them closer than that if they abide by the law and send their kids to school.

Surely thats a Tad stereotypical Shane ??? ??? ??? you may be in for a slap on the back of the legs from Central Office for that........... I hope you enjoyed the Bacon Sarnies  ;)

no6bus

Quote from: tankerville on May 05, 2013, 07: AM
I was speaking to a security officer who patrols B&Q his employer the owner of land occupied by the travelling community, some are genuine travellers they come stay for a while and leave clearing any and all litter, in fact a lot tidier than when they arrived. They are not all the same.

The other week another lot turned up 'well known' let's not ask about names. Behind the RANGE the owner asked them to leave because you are on private property.

He called the police when they threatened him and demanding £200.00 each to move on.

Bailiffs served notices on them Ron Perry vehicles stood by to tow them away riot police vans parked around the corner waiting for it to all go pear shape. Luckily it didn't and they moved but to where?

I seem to remember a site behind the fun palace in Seaton Carew. Hard standing area's W.C.s it was wrecked and the land cleared. If we are required to find somewhere then why not the derelict land that once was the Bus Depot at Usworth road?  Just a thought.
you mean the land the 37 buses park on every night?

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2013, 10: AM
Quote from: SRMoore on May 05, 2013, 10: AM

Surely thats a Tad stereotypical Shane ??? ??? ??? you may be in for a slap on the back of the legs from Central Office for that........... I hope you enjoyed the Bacon Sarnies  ;)

Not stereotyping, fred just going off past experience. When 'travellers' have used the land opposite our main gates, steel has gone missing. So much so that a small fortune has been spent on CCTV to cover the whole perimeter and security on a weekend

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The stories I hear about they gypsies that wreck Parkview Industrial Estate would put you off your breakfast ...made it very difficult for the garage I use to survive ...down the side became the gypsy toilet block ...not that there was any toilets there.
I don't believe it.

Wilton

Do these Travellers 'want' a site in Hartlepool or is this just some mental right-on lefty led scheme to waste other people's money on?

Say they open a site at Hart for 8 units or West View for 2, where will the others go? On private land around there? Will any bit of spare land be seen as fair game to them?

If anyone is in any doubt about these people spend the week at Appleby for the horse fair. You'll meet some lovely people, like in any community, but you'll also realise why they'll never fit in because while we have to tolerate their culture they'll show little respect for normal people unless it suits them to do so. They'll look after a site that lets them come and go, they'll show contempt for a community that tries to make them tow some kind of legal or moral line.

Still the plot is working because the people of Hartlepool won't care about the Peer review, Angie, the Scabs, the Hypocrisy of ousting Pam and Brash or anything else for a while.