Traveller sites.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 04, 2013, 05: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Checking out some of these locations, I have to ask, is this some sort of wind up?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The list of possible sites are land at West View Road, Throston Grange Lane, two areas in Burbank Street Burbank Street, Catcote Road/Macaulay Road, Wiltshire Way, Old Cemetery Road, Lennox Walk/Owton Manor Lane, Masefield Road/Gulliver Road, Hart Smallholdings East and West, near Hart village, and Summerhill, off Catcote Road.

Looking through this list i can`t help but think Riddler5 is correct about it being a wind-up. they are in the main in built up areas, places that are already quite heavily populated (apart from Summerhill & Hart)

It seems as though HBC are determined to incite local people, & drag the name of Hartlepool even further into the mire.

On what basis did the planning officers come up with these location??? have they to abide by statutary guidelines to locate any possible sites in built up areas???

CatcoteRd / Macualay Rd, a site on one of the busiest roads in town, & right in the centre of the town.......... a great advert for Hartlepool.... Not.

Burbank St.... an already congested area that already lacks facilities for the residents that live there.

Masefiled Rd  / Gulliver Rd..... A small green space for the residents on the edge of town.

You could go through the whole list & make a case "Against All" of them being suitable for any such site........

However......... you can`t go through the list & make a case "For Any" of them being suitable for any such site.

Do the people who come up with these ideas actually live in the town ??? & have they any idea of actual locations, or are they just going off the town Plan ???

mk1

I believe the Council are required by law to provide a site(s) and their hands are tied.
It wont be anywhere near where  your 'local councillor' lives though. Nor will it be within a mile of the local diversity officer's nice house!

steveL

Every council is obliged by law to provide such a site where there is a demand i.e. where a town has a 'traveller's community'.

I'll make a prediction though. HBC will spend a cool fortune constructing such a site and the 'travellers' will continue to park their caravans where they want - behind B&Q. A new version of Tumbleweed Junction is born.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/files/GT SA Final.pdf
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Good Point well made KD...... If HBC do need to provide a site, why should they provide that site in an area populated by ratepayers.....

By all means provide a site, but not where it will cause possible conflict with local people.....

As mentioned Wynyard is supposed to be within the towns boundary.... it would be an ideal spot, right next to the new Hospital.

SRMoore

All of these sites are completely unsuitable. What on earth were they thinking?! IF a site is to be provided I'd be much happier to see it sited somewhere near Greythorpe on the outskirts of the town.

Having said that, what HBC should be doing is what the majority of other councils do and simply kick it into the long grass whilst 'a suitable site is found'.

steveL

Quote from: kipperdip on May 04, 2013, 09: AM
In all of this 'debate' hasn't anyone stopped to ask a basic question?
Why do "travellers" want to have a permanent point of "residence"?
A contradiction in terms surely?

I don't think it's a case of permanent residence but of a permanent site where different travellers can go when they arrive in town instead of parking their caravans where they like.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

"As mentioned Wynyard is supposed to be within the towns boundary.... it would be an ideal spot, right next to the new Hospital."

Or instead of - which at the moment seems far more likely  ;)

Wilton

If its not a joke it should be.

Maybe its a ruse to destract people from things that are really going on.

steveL

They'll be shoved down Burbank near the scrap yards

whatabouthisthen

Well don't just sit there and moan on this site. Start making your views known on this and every subject to your Ward Councillors - that's what they are there for. And they are now our only means of communication with the leaders of our town. You could also copy email etc to the leaders of the various Groups. They will soon start to act if they think there is a possibility of them losing their seat at the next election.
Remember, this is also the preferred way to communicate as advised by Cllr CA-B.

Slowly, slowly catchee monkee

Wilton

Councillors fight for things?

Nope I'll be making my views on this known by responding to the consultation I'll also be busy nailing down everything I own and can't lock up.

The Great Dictator

Whats wrong with the land beside head wrightsons, we should only allow them closer than that if they abide by the law and send their kids to school.

whatabouthisthen

Ah but you could keep them busy and out of mischief!

Wilton

I don't actually know who my ward coucillors are, I'm not even sure why I need them or what it is they do that couldn't be achieved by a couple of scarecrows and a kite.