Mail Editorial

Started by for fawkes sake, May 03, 2013, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

I'm probably one of many who seldom read the Mail editorial and I've no real explanation as to why tonight I did. Now that I have, however, I would urge anyone who has a copy of tonight's Mail to revisit it and read the Editorial on page 8.

If you had any remaining doubts that the paper is little more than an extension to Labour HQ then a quick read should elimimnate any remnants entirely.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

steveL

I must admit, I hardly ever think to read the editorial but you made me curious so I had a look and you're right - quite a jaw-dropper.

New Council is an Opportunity for All.

WE extend a warm welcome to councillors Christopher and Stephen Akers-Belcher in their new roles as council leader and Mayor respectively.

The challenges facing Hartlepool Borough Council are so serious that it is in everyone's interests, no matter which party you support, for Christopher, in particular, to succeed.

We hope political rivals on the council appreciate this and are prepared to work with the new leader where they can for the overall benefit of the town. Highlight concerns, by all means, but remember it is the people of this town you have been elected to serve first and not a certain party or cause.

This arrangement, of course, must be two way. It would be all too easy for Labour to impose its dominance on the authority and ignore the views of opposition members. Yet there are talented councillors of all political persuasions on the council.

If they can put aside any party alliegances and work together then Hartlepool as a town has a far better chance of overcoming its current problems than if they just attempt to point score over each
other.

Thank God for OCR. I don't think I could have persuaded my brain to actually retype this ar**-kissing hypocricy and in the context of what happened last Thursday night it looks like The mail has finally moved into the council's PR offices .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Nauseating in the extreme, Ms Yates really does need a reality check........

steveL

That's true but I don't think UKIP need worry about what the Mail says given the results on Thursday - even in the North East.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

Is this an olive branch to Cllrs Hargreaves and Brash?

marky

I certainly don't read it that way - if it is then I suspect that it would be tipped with Cyanide