the odd couple

Started by stokoe, May 03, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Anyone who witnessed the disgrace of last night will themselves be offended that The Hartlepool Mail sees this as the biggest story to report on today.

For one example, I witnessed the Lab/Con coalition effectively sticking two fingers up at the advice of the Chief Solicitor on maintaining proportionality in appointments. That alone is a much bigger and far more important story than the A-B's never-ending 'only gay in the village' stance.

There's an obvious contradiction here. If equality means that being gay is no big thing in 2013, and it really isn't, then why do these two keep insisting that it somehow makes them special - special enough to warrant yet another full spread in the Hartlepool Mail.

OK you two - you're gay - GET OVER IT.

Now can we talk about:

Stephen as a Trustee of Manor Residents happily paying people below the minium wage

OR

CAB trying to blame the Charity Commission in an attempt to cover up the false accounting going on at Manor Residents

Take your pick - God knows, there's plent to choose from.....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

5 years ago Akers went off sick for a long time until he got his SETTLEMENT and P45, if you don't believe me ask the former head of finance..In my opinion, he used his sexuality to get his own way as they both do now.

bimbo 1

what a showing up for this town what with  mandelson
, angus and now the A-Bs,no wonder everyone knows were Hartlepool is

Wilton

I have to agree with SteveL, if equality is important then making a big noise about their sexuality makes it look like it isn't society with the problem but the minority groups carrying around a victim card like the miners carried Maggie for nearly 30 years.

marky

Page 5 has the sub-heading: 'Nobobody Cares About Our Sexual Orientation'

Well the Mail obviously does or it wouldn't have given over almost two full pages to the matter and the A-Bs obviously do otherwise they wouldn't have provided enough content to fill those pages.

tankerville

I read this with interest now I'm wondering if LAWRENCE will stand in the next elections as a protest vote perhaps.

No I can't see anyone voting for a 'man' in a dress CAN YOU?

mk1

Quote from: marky on May 04, 2013, 12: PM

Well the Mail obviously does or it wouldn't have given over almost two full pages to the matter and the A-Bs obviously do otherwise they wouldn't have provided enough content to fill those pages.

They clearly have a problem with eating to excess. You can see big spuds shirt straining to contain his huge belly. I bet his jacket wont do up at all.

I saw Carl waddling across York road the other day. He positively sprinted  into the Indian restaurant over the road from the bingo. Another Labour stalwart who appears to have a bag of sand stuffed down the waistband of his trousers.