Phoenix Rising - A Case of Deja Vu

Started by steveL, April 30, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Here's one for people with good memories which is worth a read if only to see if it reminds you of anything.

The report was originally 'pink papered' and withheld from publication; it took a FOI and the threat of an internal review before we managed to prise it out of the Civic.

You'll need Adobe Reader to view it.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/files/phoenix report.pdf
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

How many present councillors were Councillors at that time ???. It certainly wasn`t a "Lesson Learned "....

The Pink Papering still goes on, no wonder more & more people think there is something Rotten In The State Of Hartlepool.

rabbit

One from the pink paper files:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1227923/Labours-pink-paper-fix-gives-Mandy-freedom-Hartlepool.html

Steve Allison, a UKIP Hartlepool councillor, said: 'The whole affair is a disgrace and an insult to democracy.'

Well said!

testing times

Reading this I'm just wondering if Brash's mindset change is on a par with Portillo's

craig finton

Wow what a damning report. I didn't know anything about this and it just goes to show how long the kind of nonsense we now see at owton manor has been allowed to go on. The council seems to have learnt nothing from past mistakes and instead it just goes on rerpeating them. 

whatabouthisthen

Yes but it doesn't make any mention of the missing monies and equipment, in particular PCs.
Mis-appropriation of funds, fraud and theft were all spoken of at the time. Yet another cover up like the suspicions about West Park School

However, I understand that Housing Hartlepool's supervising of the Phoenix Centre is far superior to anything that the Ward Councillors did.

steveL

I haven't heard anything about West Park School other than that they were thinking of going Indie. Hardly surprising given the state of the school and the suspicion that they lose out on funding because they are in a Tory area. Even so, their results stick two-fingers up at the labour meanies.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.