silly, silly Labour

Started by steveL, April 12, 2013, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Listening tonight to the likes of Sheila Griffin checking with the other sheep as to which way she was supposed to be voting, Robbie Payne volunteering to vote for her (bless him), SAB as the dithering Chairman and CAB sounding like he didn't want to talk too loudly in case the House of Cards around him finally came tumbling down, I couldn't help but make the comparison with the two Brashs'.

From them, I heard reasoned arguments, rationally put and eloquently delivered all sadly, completely wasted on the wooden Thunderbird audience opposite who would, I suspect, collapse to the floor should anyone cut their puppetmaster strings.

And these are the guys that they've hounded out of their fold . . . silly, silly, Labour.

Sometimes I wonder what is going through their heads; I now think the answer is air.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

Jonathan Brash & Pamela Hargreaves proved how wasted their talent was whilst shackled by the chains of the local labour party.

Tonight, I saw for the first time in a long time, a decent and rationally argued set of debates within the council chamber.

fred c

Does anybody know who the fat red faced bloke with the false belly laugh sitting in the corner was ?...... I noticed him after J Brash spoke on several issues.

He didn`t Guffaw when Cllr Griffin gave her impersonation of someone who didn`t know if she were going up the stairs, or coming down the stairs.

Her Question to fellow members of "The Mob" of, "Which Way Am I Voting" was a classic, just as well Cllr Payne was sitting next to her to raise his hand & exclaim.... "She`s Against", they must all get a crib sheet before the meeting, but on last nights performance it may be a better option for them to have a display of "Idiot Boards".

whatabouthisthen

From your description Fred, I would say it was our literate friend Barclay.
If there is to be a bye-election, they may put him up against Brash. One that would be interesting.

steveL

He certainly seems to be desperate to get a seat somewhere the way he is sucking up to the cabal. From the redness of his face, I would say that he needs to lay off the pop a bit.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Remember a programme called 'Your Life in their Hands'? Well if you changed the word 'Life' to 'Town' it may be more appropriate. So why do I get an anxious vision of an inquisitive monkey examining a Ming vase.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Beats me, Riddler. Are you on some sort of chemical?