Seating Problems

Started by fred c, April 08, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

No member of a 'recognised' political party is allowed to become an independent member within that particular group.

Cllr Brash can of course become an Independent. Whether he chooses or not we will have to wait and see I think he will say to hell with the lot of you.

Time will tell.

Vincent

Quote from: tankerville on April 09, 2013, 08: PM
No member of a 'recognised' political party is allowed to become an independent member within that particular group.

Cllr Brash can of course become an Independent. Whether he chooses or not we will have to wait and see I think he will say to hell with the lot of you.

Time will tell.

If he did that (to hell with the lot of you) he will be turning his back on the town and his ward.

He and councillor Hargreaves should epose those who have betrayed him and the ratepayers of Hartlepool

DRiddle

There is another factor though Vincent. I don't speak for Mr Brash but it's fairly well known that he's currently training to be a teacher. He's nearly finished his training as far as i'm aware.

Consequently, if he wants to gain employment in Hartlepool as a teacher he cannot be on the council in Hartlepool at the same time. It's against the rules.

He COULD work at Dyke House as they're now an academy and the rules are different, but he would be precluded from working in any of the other secondary schools in Hartlepool.

Given some of the jobs people ARE allowed to do while being on the council (Working for CICs, voluntary sector work etc) this rule seems crazy, and it is. But, it's the rule.

To remain on the council he would need to work in a school outside the town, or if offered a job in Hartlepool he'd need to leave the council.

I know of some teachers, who are interested politically, who have deliberately taken jobs OUTSIDE the authority so that they can continue their political involvement without fear of repercussions.  ::)