Seating Problems

Started by fred c, April 08, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/column%20black%20cat.htm

Whooooooooooo I wonder where they are going to sit on Thursday, CAB will have to take a serious look at the present seating plan..........

Jonathan & Pamela will have to sit on the Far Right.....

Marge will have to sit on the Far Left.....

Kevin will have to sit on a Mattress......

Ged will have to keep sitting on CAB`s Knee......

The rest of "The Mob" can sit where they want as long as they don`t say anything.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

They will have to screw down the councillors chairs ...if not remove them.
I don't believe it.

DRiddle

I hope there's a seat for me so that I can ask my question.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 08, 2013, 05: PM
I hope there's a seat for me so that I can ask my question.

Thres no place in a HBC meeting for a, trouble causing, question asking, clear thinking, democratically minded individual, who could by the simple act of asking a clear & concise question of a member of "The Mob" cause the disintergration of the said "Mob"

Is There ??? ??? ???

steveL

Quote from: fred c on April 08, 2013, 04: PM
http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/column%20black%20cat.htm

Whooooooooooo I wonder where they are going to sit on Thursday, CAB will have to take a serious look at the present seating plan..........

Jonathan & Pamela will have to sit on the Far Right.....

Marge will have to sit on the Far Left.....

Kevin will have to sit on a Mattress......

Ged will have to keep sitting on CAB`s Knee......

The rest of "The Mob" can sit where they want as long as they don`t say anything.

Don't forget the Orangutans in the Corner, the Final Salary Pensions against the wall and Devlin on the bench with that 'I wish I was a Train Driver' look that he seems to have perfected.

I hear CAB has arranged for Marj's seat to be placed outside in the corridor - and Stephen Thomas will be sitting on it.  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tankerville

Who will be sitting in the naughty chair then?

whatabouthisthen

Perhaps the Tories will be next to CAB.......

DRiddle

QuoteThres no place in a HBC meeting for a, trouble causing, question asking, clear thinking, democratically minded individual, who could by the simple act of asking a clear & concise question of a member of "The Mob" cause the disintergration of the said "Mob"

Is There

I hope the genuine people at HBC haven't misconstrued my intentions though Fred. We have a situation in this town which requires the £60 million quid or so that we have per year to be spent REALLY carefully.

It could be a decade before the economy really picks up, so every penny needs to get maximum value for the greater good of the town. If people were comfident that was happening already, then there would be a need for any probing questions.

fred c

One of the most annoying aspects of the way "The Mob" runs things is that the public tend to "Lump" all Councillors & Officers in the same "Sh*t Sack", this is patently untrue, there are a majority of people who work for HBC that are well aware of the problems presented by "The Mob"

The difficulty is, as in most places of employment people tend to keep their heads down & say "Nowt" to avoid repercussions............. we have seen in your own case Dave, what can happen when people are prepared to put their heads above the parapet.

Another exmple is the disgraceful situation that Brash & Hargreaves find themselves in with "the Mob" for standing up for a democratic principle.

DRiddle

I was genuinely surprised by the work related situation you're referring to Fred. (I'm still not commenting publicly on it as it's being dealt with via the proper channels).

I never intended for one question to lead to two newspaper articles, a mention in Private Eye, a change in the constitution, that telephone call and the imminent expulsion of one or two party members.

I come from a political family so i've always had an interest. I just observed the political landscape locally and thought that things could/should be better.

I still think that.

I know i've probably polarised people's opinion of me in the civic, but i'm from this town, live in this town, have worked in this town and I want to see this town thrive.

For that to happen though, there needs to be some changes.

Vincent

Quote from: fred c on April 09, 2013, 09: AM
One of the most annoying aspects of the way "The Mob" runs things is that the public tend to "Lump" all Councillors & Officers in the same "Sh*t Sack", this is patently untrue, there are a majority of people who work for HBC that are well aware of the problems presented by "The Mob"

The difficulty is, as in most places of employment people tend to keep their heads down & say "Nowt" to avoid repercussions............. we have seen in your own case Dave, what can happen when people are prepared to put their heads above the parapet.

Another exmple is the disgraceful situation that Brash & Hargreaves find themselves in with "the Mob" for standing up for a democratic principle.

My perception, as a member of the public is that the officers of the council do a very good job, its the section of councillors who put personal gain before the good of the town who should be challanged by other councillors and officers, if that is not happening they are as bad as them and should be ashamed to turn up and collect their wages / allowences.

Councillors Brash and Hargreaves have at last found the balls (sorry Pammy) to speak out and should now cross the floor

SRMoore

Quote from: Vincent on April 09, 2013, 03: PM
Quote from: fred c on April 09, 2013, 09: AM
Councillors Brash and Hargreaves have at last found the balls (sorry Pammy) to speak out and should now cross the floor
I have twice suggested to Councillor Brash that he would make a welcome addition to the conservative party. He politely declined.

steveL

He'll stand as an Indepenedent Labour candidate when the time comes and walk it....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: perseus on April 09, 2013, 05: PM
To be fair Shane, you'd ask Arthur Scargill to join your lot given half the chance.  ::)

Maybe they should try and recruit Ray Wells into the Conservative fold..............

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on April 09, 2013, 05: PM
Quote from: perseus on April 09, 2013, 05: PM
To be fair Shane, you'd ask Arthur Scargill to join your lot given half the chance.  ::)

Maybe they should try and recruit Ray Wells into the Conservative fold..............

PMSL