Thatcher is dead...

Started by perseus, April 08, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on April 10, 2013, 03: PM
I don't think anybody on this thread has even tried to claim Lady Thatcher was universally popular. In fact this is the most civilised discussion on the topic I have seen in recent days.

Members have accepted that each have their own opinions and accepted them whilst sharing their own.
Who would have thought it'd take Thatcher to make members of this forum behave like civilised adults towards each other - without the use of police ;)

And Horses  ;)

whatabouthisthen

Anybody watching the debates in the Commons and Lords? Quite entertaining. A few tributes with stings in the tail from all Parties, particularly from the Left as to be expected. In the main wholesome in praise. Some very good anecdotes.

whatabouthisthen

Oh dear, the outright vilification has started from Labour.

mk1

I had thought personality cults (or swap the 'l' for an 'n' if you like) were nowdays  confined to the likes of North Korea.
Nice to see the upper classes continue their centuries old  tradition of fawning subservience to their masters.

mk1

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on April 10, 2013, 05: PM
Oh dear, the outright vilification has started from Labour.

I find it significant that all the right w(h)ingers who adore the most divisive PM in memory keep up her tradition of brooking no dissent!
All the nut-job newspapers are foaming at the mouth because not everyone is overcome with (faux) grief.
Time to remember lads.  This is the woman who  had to be dragged kicking and screaming  from office leaving her teethmarks on the door jamb of No. 10.
She is the type of bong-eyed  Tory ( nutcases, fruit cakes and closet racists) Cameron is doing his best to neuter and Farage is actively trying to recruit!

SRMoore

Whilst I respect your views mk1, I believe you are deliberately misinterpreting the views of those who supported Lady Thatcher and her views.

I for one will not be biting.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 11, 2013, 10: PM
Whilst I respect your views mk1, I believe you are deliberately misinterpreting the views of those who supported Lady Thatcher and her views.

Au contraire.

If you want to know what 'misinterpreting' is read the hysterical screeching headlines in the right wing press. They are attempting to blacken the name of everyone who does nor fall weeping on the coffin.

Thatcher, by any definition of the words, was a far right zealot. Partisan, vindictive and totally unresponsive to the needs of anyone other than her own kind.   She would never  get a place in  the Cameron cabinet and to think otherwise is a delusion. Read todays Daily Mail and see how all those who had a hand in her  removal are vilified and slandered.

SRMoore

Far right? Strange that she would end up being regarded as a centre right leader and actually setting up a center right policy organisation. Ohh yes, and the fact that Blair acknowledged that she played to the middle ground -hence him never reversing her policies.

You say 'her own kind', I assume you mean sons and daughters of shop keepers who dare to have aspiration.

The Great Dictator

The unions are the mafia with fear of blood.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 11, 2013, 11: PM
Far right? Strange that she would end up being regarded as a centre right leader and actually setting up a center right policy organisation. Ohh yes, and the fact that Blair acknowledged that she played to the middle ground -hence him never reversing her policies.

You say 'her own kind', I assume you mean sons and daughters of shop keepers who dare to have aspiration.

You should have watched Andrew Neil tonight. He explained when he first discussed the  policy of selling Council houses to the tenants. Mrs T was aghast and said 'but they are not our sort of people'.
True she changed her mind when votes were at stake but her comments about immigrants taking over Sydney (as reported over the weekend) leave no doubts as to her real thoughts.
Far right indeed and  she became so barking the party had to boot her out.

You should realise by now that trying the old if you dont agree with me you must be labour retort wont work. Blair was just as manic and Maggie and even more crackers as he believed God talked to him personally.

Thatchers aspirations? You don't need many of them when you marry a millionaire!

SRMoore

I did watch Andrew Neil and you, again, deliberately twisted what was said. 'but it won't help our people' is what she is reported to have said. To which A.N. Clarified that she was talking about the middle class.

Let's stop the rhetoric and keep it factual eh?

whatabouthisthen

Just as an aside. Don't you think Neil was rather rude to the Scots lady. He interrupted her several times and she hardly got a word in. Was she there as a bit of eye candy because he wouldn't let her talk?
Perhaps she was too sympathetic to Mrs T for a Scot.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on April 12, 2013, 08: AM
I did watch Andrew Neil and you, again, deliberately twisted what was said. 'but it won't help our people' is what she is reported to have said. To which A.N. Clarified that she was talking about the middle class.

Let's stop the rhetoric and keep it factual eh?

Indeed. When did  millionaires  become 'middle class'?

This is a 1951 millionaire by the way.

I don't know why we are wasting time having  a  ding dong which is dead boring

Will it make number 1?