MP Expenses

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 01, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

When Williams was MP for Stockton South his expenses were the highest of any NE MP. Here's a breakdown of what he claimed (note that there are filters which allow them to be searched by date, status, type etc.)

https://www.parallelparliament.co.uk/mp/paul-williams/expenses

The Great Dictator

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 01, 2021, 12: PM

£45,000 ?

Not far off. Miles higher than anyone else (although, to be fair, he was setting up an office which carried an allowance of c.£6k).  Here's an article from the Evening Gazette which give a bit more info.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/revealed-north-east-mp-who-15429201

Inspector Knacker

Even allowing for the 6k, it was still nigh on 14k ahead of the next horse in the race. However, if the claims are justified and acceptable to those running Westminster, I can't see a problem.
I suspect he has a tad more to worry about than expenses.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 01, 2021, 05: PM
Even allowing for the 6k, it was still nigh on 14k ahead of the next horse in the race. However, if the claims are justified and acceptable to those running Westminster, I can't see a problem.
I suspect he has a tad more to worry about than expenses.

It is looking increasingly shaky for him.

Inspector Knacker

It's looking dodgy for Starmer too. I really don't know what he stands for. He comes over to me to paraphrase the lyrics of a song,  as ' semi- detached, suburban Mr Starmer', a photo copier engineer from 13 Bland Road, Beige on the Wold, Anonymous-shire.
As for leadership qualities, you'd only follow him out of curiosity. At least Corbin was up front as to why you couldn't vote for him... his 'policies'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.